Thread: Corrie Spoilers for 2022

Corrie Spoilers for 2022

CORONATION Street boss Iain Macleod has revealed what's in store for the cobbles in 2022.

The executive producer has teased explosive upcoming storylines including a shock death, a Fatal Attraction style stalking horror and a huge gobsmacking cataclysm for cheats Abi and Imran.

Death on the cobbles

Emma Brooker and Faye Windass will accidentally kill a man in dramatic scenes beginning next week.

Ian revealed: In terms to start the new year where we mean to go on, it takes a much worse turn for Emma and Faye.

There is a cataclysmic event that's not their fault but it's a dilemma of secrecy and cover ups.

Two likeable women are out of their depths and the consequences are life changing.

The scripts are exciting and complicated and funny as Emma is hapless.

It's quirky but at the bottom of it, it will trigger a seismic event of their lives.

Iain added: Emma shouldn't be teaching Faye to drive

?When you watch it happen, what you will feel that the decisions they make, when they add them up, it turns into a total nightmare.

?There are witnesses who can incriminate them which is a nightmare when it goes worse

Abi and Imran go to the dark side

After losing her son last year, Abi slept with lawyer Imran - and has ended up pregnant - and it's only going to get more complicated.

Iain teased: She is someone used to finding herself in a pickle and 2022 will continue in that vain.

It's a really challenging year, she could lose Kevin and Jack and she will be caught in a David and Goliath legal battle.

It threatens to destroy Imran and Toyah's relationship as Toyah does not know the full truth. It tests the bounds of Toyah's forgiveness to the max.

Imran is forced to look in a mirror and consider himself and the man who he is he could go to the dark side. It's a big buried bomb just waiting for people to end up in the blast radius.

Iain promised the reveal will be surprising.

He said: It won't be for months but the way it happens is very surprising.

It's big and shocking and it's the last thing you'd expect from something this way. It turns into a gobsmacking cataclysm.

It's intimate but the shock will make people fall off their chairs. It's no secret that Sally is a fantastic actor, rightly awarded, so it's exciting to keep her and draw in Mike, Georgie, Charlie.

Smack them in the middle of something colossal.

Adam Barlow's bunny boiler Lydia

Iain also teased a modern take on Fatal Attraction for Adam and Sarah with his ex Lydia's arrival.

He said: We wanted an updated version of a 90s thriller like Fatal Attraction.

They look horribly dated in gender politics. So what would it look like as a 21st century story.

I hope we've crafted it, everyone behaves badly, it's very nuanced but she becomes a threat to the marriage; a catalyst for Sarah and Adam to destroy themselves.

There is lots of scheming and intelligent subterfuge in several parties. It culminates in some exciting pay off in the first six months.

It starts small and even humorous with Adam and Sarah as they take pot shots, gradually it becomes more nightmare-ish. It's exciting with three fantastic actors. Its thriller-ish but modern.

Amy Barlow's dangerous new boyfriend

Corrie fans have seen the return of Jacob to the cobbles lately after he fled when he got Simon Barlow involved in the drugs gang.

His comeback will see him fall for Simon's cousin Amy - and launch an explosive storyline.

Iain said: What appealed was him is a fantastic actor, very Coronation Street, he has funny bones and authentic comedy sometimes when we import bad guys, sometimes it doesn't have authenticity.

But it works with him, I believe him 100%. We will pair him up with someone historically well behaved.

She is quite sensible given her family dynamic and that's Amy. How will Tracy and Steve react to the worst possible boyfriend ? they try with failure to strategize this, cut her off financially, reverse psychology.

Meanwhile Jacob is redeeming himself we discover about how he arrived in the drug gang and it will reframe views of him.

He is trying to put the past behind him and make amends with Leanne and Simon.

Jacob was groomed he did do some heinous things but he is mature enough to know he has to put things right. It's Meet the Parents proper Corrie style.

All the characters in this are cast iron Corrie, it's a rich story.

Yameen Nazir finds love again

With her grandchildren back, Yasmeen finds a new friend in Stu - if she can allow herself after Geoff's abuse.

Iain added: We like the re-exploring of Yasmeens psyche after Geoff it would be easy to move on and forget it happened.

In reality, it's such a colossal psychological bomb with lifelong after effects. It's not a case of retreading old ground.

With Stu, can she trust again ? her approach to friendships is damaged but is it irrevocable? She lacks self esteem - this man really likes her, can she embrace a happy future of is she irretrievably damaged and it costs her a happy ending

It's a fresh way of exploring Geoff without re-treading. Stu is Corrie's core, character full of funny and a bit like what Peter Barlow might be in his 60s.

?He likes a bit of trouble, he is rough around the edges, and a firecracker for Yasmeen which causes challenges.

Some of behaviour is high jinks, it will subtly reflect some things Geoff did to what degree is he like him is what Yasmeen questions are fears

It's a complicated and unique love story. I will remain tight lipped about how it ends.

Brown family feud

There?s trouble in store for Chesney and Gemma in coming weeks and months - and will bring an old face back to the cobbles.

Iain said: I love that family a lot, for many reasons. We haven't seen the quads as much as we had liked, it feels we can now examine that house.

Joseph is sensitive and has tragedy in the background he is essentially in the box room as the quads are lavished on.

There's also damage financially, five mouths to feed is punitive. Joseph has an unsettled home life which causes him to run away.

There's widespread panic and it leads to a different story for another family.

He won't be a tearaway much more vulnerability. He's not the new David Platt and it's really heartbreaking.

The wider families make terrible decisions Bernie for one, makes an act that is for the right reasons but brings families into a major feud.

It makes the whole Street look sideways at the Brown family, and also threatens the burgeoning friendship with Dev.

It spins off into a story that will see a reintroduction to the household that will provide another threat.

There's a lot going on but I think that family can handle it.

Aled's deafness

Iain added: We certainly don't forget that. Gemma in her eagerness to be an ally to the deaf community goes ever so slightly too far.

It brings itself to a significant incident of public disorder but in a Corrie way. Gemma never quite knows how to quit, she will succeed in increments but on the way, she will lay waste to a lot of relationships.

I hope it won't be didactic and wiggling our fingers. It's a Gemma story but an important undertone of topics like disability access.

Summer in crisis

Corrie viewers have watched recently as Summer has descended into an eating disorder in the aftermath of her crush on Daniel Osbourne.

And Iain has revealed it will only get worse.

What we wanted to do with Harriet with Summer is a really relatable story of the pressures of being a teenage girl romance, exams, conforming to looks and peers, risky from a health point of view.

It's our most down to earth story but at the core has a medical condition that many people don't know about.

It's very universal and what it spins off into is going to be one of our most important stories next year. It will dig further into her diabetic experiences I learned something I was not aware of.

It's heartbreaking to see young person disintegrating but she will ultimately come through and value herself.

She will learn to love herself and we look at the under-explored dynamic where she has three dads. I love the potential in that character group when we are able trying to co parent this troubled young woman in their messed up romantic situation.

Daniel Osbourne vs David Platt

Iain added: The Summer story also starts a big new family feud which is the Barlows versus the Platts it started with Christmas Day and a feud with Daniel and Max.

Daniel and Max leads to a fairly pronounced feud David and Daniel, Sarah and Adam.

I was struck with Daniel and David in many scenes I asked if they'd had many scenes and Jack quipped that he maybe passed him a beer mat.

Having these two actors in really big angry and emotional scenes both quite witty, it's just dynamite. The moment I saw them going at it, I just knew.

Why didn't we do this before! I don't want to jinx it by saying it's like Ken and Mike but it has the potential to go on a long time. I hope it works.

Jenny Connor in the Rovers

Iain revealed: I love that story when an older man goes for a younger woman no-one blinks an eye but when it's the other way round it's the story we want to address that it shouldn't be remarkable, genuine emotional, what's wrong with that?

Jenny asks if she is a cougar, does he have a fetish for older women? it's played like a rom com.

There's incredibly funny bits in it but mega cringe at some scenes. It's funny, romantic, long running Jennys prejudices and self consciousness of her age and age gap relationships confront her.

But she pursues her own happiness but it's not straight forward.

The Rovers has been one of the biggest challenges, I am itching to chuck fifteen people in there as soon as I can.

As joyous as it should be, we finally have a group that bring fun and chemistry. Emma, Gemma, Sean, Jenny, Daisy it's a brilliant group.

We want the Rovers back to what it should be. The Jenny story is brilliant fun we need some fun after the last few years.

Fiz discovers Phill's secrets

Iain said: I have absolutely loved every single second of the Fiz and Tyrone story. There was a roll of the eyes at first, another affair.

Right from frame one it's not been like that it's been bizarrely funny but heartfelt.

A scene of nine minutes of marital breakdown by Ian Kershaw was one of the best things in years for me.

When's the earliest Tyrone and Phill can have another ludicrous fight? There's more comedy feuding and we will give the audience cause to question Phills future.

Fiz ends up in a dilemma to find out which way she goes.

I think I know what her happy ending is but we haven't storylined yet. But it's complicated for both Tyrone and Fiz is it straightforward to have your ex back?

Will your pride or family let you Evelyn also adds her acidic asides I could watch a whole episode of Evelyn being sour and witty. There will be a lot of that

Tim and Sally split?

Iain has teased the end to the Metcalfes as Tim gets some devastating health news - and keeps it from his wife.

He said: This kicks off in January starting with an innocuous new years resolution.

It's life altering for one of the household and turns into a story we have never in soap done without quickly glancing away.

We bring a prevalent issue into the daylight and point a camera into it. The matter is a bit awkward but it's potent in that family. It becomes a colossal threat to everything Sally and Tim know about their relationship and what it looks like in the future.
    Last edited by alan45; 03-01-2022 at 01:16.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-01-2022)

Thread Information