Thread: The Suspect

The Suspect

ITV has announced a new psychological thriller series, titled The Suspect, from the producers of Line of Duty and Vigil.

Aidan Turner, who rose to fame as Ross Poldark in the BBC's Poldark, will play the lead role.

He said in an official statement: "I am thrilled to be taking on the complex and demanding role of Joseph O'Loughlin, a man with so much to give but so much to lose, and a hidden darker side."

Turner will star alongside Shaun Parkes, who recently won a Royal Television Society Award for his role in Small Axe, and Sian Clifford, known for portraying Claire in Fleabag and Diana Ingram in Quiz.

The cast also includes Camilla Beeput (Peep Show, Sick Note), Adam James (Vigil, I May Destroy You) and Anjli Mohindra (Vigil, Bodyguard).

The series will follow Dr Joe O'Loughlin, a clinical psychologist who appears to have the perfect life ? a devoted wife, a loving daughter, a successful career and a publishing deal. He even became a hero online after saving a young patient who was about to jump from the tenth floor of the hospital where he works.

When a young woman is found in a shallow grave in a West London cemetery, police officers investigate whether it was a suicide or a murder. Joe offers his expertise in the case despite a recent diagnosis with a debilitating illness.

ITV's official synopsis continues: "As the investigation into Catherine's death gathers pace, we start to ask, do we know the real Joe, or does he have a secret life? And has his work as a clinical psychologist allowed him to develop a criminal mindset? Or worse?"

The five-part drama comes from the producers of hit shows Line of Duty and Vigil, with Jake Lushington (Vigil, Born To Kill) executive producing. It is also being directed by James Strong, who worked on episodes of Vigil, Liar and Broadchurch.

The thriller is based on Michael Robotham's debut novel of the same name, adapted for the screen by Peter Berry (Prime Suspect 6, The Last Enemy). Berry said writing the script "has been a fantastic and fascinating journey".

"I hope the audience will find it equally enthralling," he added. "As they delve the depths of a truly iconic character caught up in a story that will test his faith in his profession, his family and himself."

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a37857...tv-the-suspect

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (05-10-2021)

I hope production team have given this one a better ending than VIGIL had ... but will definitely watch

Thread Information