Thread: Coronation Street and Emmerdale to air early on ITV Hub for the first time ever

Exclamation Coronation Street and Emmerdale to air early on ITV Hub for the first time ever

Coronation Street and Emmerdale to air early on ITV Hub for the first time ever
    Coronation Street and Emmerdale viewers will be able to watch the soap action earlier than usual this summer.
    With Euro 2020 finally set to kick off later this month, soap fans will know all too well that this means a massive change in regular scheduling, as soaps get booted out of their usual time slots to make way for the football.
    Instead, for the first time ever, ITV will be putting a week's worth of episodes for both soaps on ITV Hub every Monday from June 14 for a four-week period.
    The shows will still air on the main ITV channel each week, but it will give viewers the option to watch all the drama from Weatherfield and the Dales at their own convenience.
    It comes after EastEnders announced that it would also be dropping new episodes on BBC iPlayer for three weeks during the Euros.
    Coronation Street has some big storylines coming up, including Paul and Todd continuing to compete for Billy's affections, Fiz and Tyrone fighting for custody of their girls, and Johnny and Jenny dealing with the fallout of Jenny's fling with Ronnie.
    Meanwhile, Emmerdale puts four of the soap's women front and centre, as we see Kim's paranoia intensify when she tries to figure out who has betrayed her, and Meena continues to interfere in Jacob and David's lives.
    Elsewhere, Faith puts on a brave face as she worries that her cancer has returned, going to great lengths to keep her concerns from her family, and Tracy becomes increasingly protective of Frankie ? but will she take the safety precautions too far?
    Speaking about the new changes, Corrie producer Iain MacLeod said: "There are loads of key rivalries across the cobbles this summer and I think it will be like following your favourite team ? there will be times where they let you down, make mistakes and maybe score a few own goals. But you'll back them till the end and woe betide anyone else who criticises them.
    "Given how exciting the stories are, it's great that fans will have the chance to binge watch all the episodes on ITV Hub at the start of each week. As with football, sometimes when it?s an exciting face-off, you really want extra time."
    Coronation Street and Emmerdale air on ITV and ITV Hub.

I hate the way this is written towards the end....in football language! No, I don't want to binge-watch. I would much rather football was booted off onto a sport channel or something similar. I just want to watch on my television too. That's what it was designed for.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

parkerman (04-06-2021)

Thread Information