Thread: Dr. Logan Bennett

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dr. Logan Bennett

Neighbours star Harley Bonner has joined the cast of Home And Away.

The actor, who is best known for playing former Ramsay Street regular Josh Willis, will arrive in Summer Bay later this year, in the role of Dr. Logan Bennett, Metro.co.uk can exclusively reveal.

Logan is a fully-qualified trauma surgeon, and it?s his profession that brings him to the Bay in the first place, as he arrives as part of a life-saving intervention.

And it?s an urge to see his patient?s journey through to the end that ultimately keeps him there.

Summer Bay is what one might call a whole new playing field for the young doctor, but it might just prove to be the change of pace and scenery he?s been looking for.
    Then again, fate may have other plans.

Harley, son of Neighbours? Stephanie Scully actress Carla Bonner, said on news of his casting: ?It?s been a while since I?ve had the privilege of working on a program that?s such a hallmark of Australian television. I?m happy to say I picked it back up a lot faster than expected.

?I really love working on shows like Home and Away, I love my character and I can?t wait for Australia to meet him.?

If you?d like to know more about Harley?s character Logan, then Metro.co.uk has a treat in store for you, as the soap star did a little Q and A.

Welcome to Summer Bay, Harley! How has the first few weeks of filming Home and Away been?
    Thank you! It?s been a lot of fun and everyone has welcomed me with open arms, the cast and crew. It has been challenging but in a great way.

You?re no stranger to the world of Soap drama and UK fans will recognise you from Neighbours. What enticed you to return to Soap?
    Josh in Neighbours
    Harley portrayed Josh in Neighbours (Picture: Channel 5)
    It has been a long time since I was on Neighbours that I have some what forgotten what the day to day was like.

But coming into this show it quickly came back to me. They?re more similar than different from what I can tell. I really enjoy this way of working. I heard somewhere a stat about how there is only between 50 to 60 full time acting positions in Australia at any one time and I have been fortunate enough to snag two of them.

Can you tell us a bit about your character, Logan? How would you describe him?
    I?d describe Logan as a bit of a nomad. He?s seen and done a lot already, which he tries his best to avoid delving into. I?m intrigued as to what we?ll discover as time goes on.

We know that Logan will be joining as a new Doctor. As Doctors themselves, what do you think will be Dr. Green and Tori?s first impression of Logan be?
    Logan is a bit of a medical cowboy. He?ll probably come across as entitled and arrogant. He might have to get used to relinquishing a little control.

A lot of the cast have previously said ?working? in the hospital can be really challenging, but fun ? what?s it been like for you as an actor?
    I?m absolutely loving it! And I?ve been thrown in head first. The opportunity to take on the role as a Doctor and be thrown into the world of medicine and having to learn to be specific in what I?m doing and saying has been such a fun challenge.

Logan has been through a lot with serving time in the military as a trauma surgeon and now as an emergency medical responder. When he arrives in the Bay, what sort of headspace is he in?
    I think he carries his experience very closely, but he is also very practical in his approach to his life and job. Whether that?s good or bad is yet to be determined.

We first meet Logan when his unit is called to a horrific accident involving some Summer Bay locals. What were those scenes like to film?
    It is all so exciting! I am so grateful to have the opportunity to take on the role of Logan. He is such a well-written character. And I am looking forward to seeing how he develops.

Can you tease what keeps Logan in the Bay after the accident?
    After the accident, Logan?s life-saving intervention brings him to the Northern District hospital and it gives him a real and tantalising taste of what it?s like to follow his patients through from start to finish. He?s usually long gone before they wake up, so this is a brand new playing field for him and he becomes intertwined within the Summer Bay community.

What?s it been like working with Ditch and Penny so far?
    I?ve met Ditch and he seems cool! Penny has been great to work with. They both have been very welcoming.

Metro

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (25-03-2021)

Thread Information