Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Neelan (Millie Gibson)

Exclamation Kelly Neelan (Millie Gibson)

Coronation Street is set to confirm the next step in Kelly Neelan's fostering story next week, as Toyah Battersby and Imran Habeeb agree to take the teenager in following her proposal.

After recently finding out that Toyah (Georgia Taylor) and Imran (Charlie de Melo) are foster parents, Kelly (Millie Gibson) suggested to Imran that the couple could take her in after she decided that she didn't want to go back to her current foster parents.

Imran wasn't sure and told the teenager that it probably wouldn't be possible but Kelly isn't one to give up, and so this week she approaches Toyah with her idea.

In scenes to air next week, Toyah and Imran take Kelly's plea to heart and they contact social services to find out whether they might be able to foster her.

Later on, an excited Imran tells Toyah that he has had a call from social services and they have agreed to place Kelly with them as a foster child.

A delighted Kelly then heads out with Imran and Toyah to celebrate her moving in with them.

Kelly decides to take the opportunity to apologise for her dad Rick's involvement in the Underwood roof collapse which killed Imran's sister Rana Habeeb in 2019, unaware that Gary Windass (Mikey North) was actually responsible for the disaster and falsely blamed Rick for it.

Imran assures Kelly that he would never judge her for something that her father did, and Toyah looks on proudly.

It seems that Kelly has got off to a good start with Toyah and Imran, but will their new living arrangement prove to be a success?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Monday, March 29 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (25-03-2021)

she will develop a crush on imran i think

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    she will develop a crush on imran i think
    Or Toyah.....or both.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Or Toyah.....or both.
    too many gays bis on such a small street

Exclamation Coronation Street star Kel Allen explains why Laura betrays Kelly

Coronation Street's Laura Neelan will make the shock decision to betray her teenage daughter Kelly next week, as she takes steps to sell Kelly's story about Seb Franklin's murder to the media.

With Kelly (Millie Gibson) in prison on remand for Seb's murder and the attack on Nina Lucas (Mollie Gallagher), her estranged mum Laura (Kel Allen) is back on the cobbles and causing trouble once again. Despite Kelly's foster dad, Imran Habeeb (Charlie De Melo), securing Laura a cleaning job at the factory, she is after a faster source of cash.

After visiting Kelly and encouraging her to open up about what happened on the night of the hate crime, assuring her daughter that she can tell her anything, Laura invites a newspaper journalist to the factory and asks her how much they would pay for a story on Kelly.

Despite Laura's betrayal, actress Kel, who plays her, has told Inside Soap that Laura does still love her daughter, even if her behaviour is somewhat questionable.

"She's such a bad mother!" the actress said. "Laura loves Kelly ? she just makes impulsive decisions. It's all about making money that will help both of them, but mostly fund Laura's wardrobe and nights out!"

When asked whether Kelly could be better off staying with foster parents Imran and Toyah Battersby (Georgia Taylor) if she is released from jail rather than moving back in with Laura, Kel revealed that she would love all three to help look after Kelly.

"I recently had a conversation with Ali King (who plays Carla Barlow) about how you become protective over your character. And I do feel protective over Laura, so I hope one day she could change ? especially as her daughter is facing trial!" she said. "Maybe if Imran and Toyah are on hand, Laura could learn from them."

The star, who revealed that she is "happy to stay" on the cobbles "until they kick me out", also spoke about how Laura might react if she ever finds out that her ex ? and Kelly's dad ? Rick Neelan was killed by Gary Windass (Mikey North) back in 2019.

"It would really upset her, and maybe put things in perspective," Kel said. "Right now she's wondering why Rick's abandoned Kelly, as he loved their daughter. But Laura would be absolutely furious if she ever found out Gary killed him. God help him ? there might be another murder on the Street!"

Digital Spy

talk on line she is leaving

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...on-kelly-exit/

Coronation Street star Millie Gibson is set to leave the soap and her character Kelly Neelan behind in the autumn.

According to The Sun, troubled teenager Kelly could be killed off in upcoming storylines after Gibson quit the show.

Gibson's character Kelly has had a turbulent time on the series, mostly as a result of her loan shark late father Rick.

Recently, Kelly was kidnapped and witnessed the murderous side of her surrogate father Gary Windass, who killed her father Rick in self-defence three years ago.

Last month, when speaking to Digital Spy and other press, Gibson opened up about why Kelly is so determined to make amends for her father.

"I think she wants to redeem her dad's work in any way she can," she explained. "When she was passed down the money from him, she repeatedly called it dirty blood money. So I think it's her way of paying back all the wrongs her dad committed.

"I know it won't save the people that are too late, but it could save the ones that still have a chance because she always believes in second chances. She's trying to redeem it in any way she can."

She continued: "And she's so stubborn. I think that's another characteristic she developed from her mum and dad. She thinks she's right with this. She's really determined to do what she thinks is best. Gary tells her 'no' but she's like 'no, no, trust me. I know, I know what I'm doing'."

In next week's episodes, Kelly Neelan and Aadi Alahan will find a struggling Stu drunk and barely conscious on the streets in scenes that end up in the hospital.

Would not be surprised because she is a very talented young actress, sorry to see her go if she really does leave.
    Last edited by Perdita; 03-08-2022 at 05:13.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (11-09-2022)

Kelly might find out who really killed her dad and she might leave because she does not want to have any more contact with Gary... but wll she go to the police first?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Kelly might find out who really killed her dad and she might leave because she does not want to have any more contact with Gary... but wll she go to the police first?
    i don't think she'd shop in gary for maria jake and liam

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (03-08-2022), tammyy2j (11-09-2022)

Killed or Murdered Off?

Thread Information