Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacob Hay (Jack James Ryan)

Jacob Hay (Jack James Ryan)

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/whats-on...nZLDuvNkwKT_68

Guildford School of Acting alumni Jack James Ryan will be coming to your TV screens as a new character on the cobbles of Coronation Street.

Jack James will appear as Jacob Hay, who is set to shake things up on Corrie, starting from February 1.

His character is part of a gang who are running drugs under the cover of food delivery jobs and then rope in Simon Barlow.

On his Instagram page, Jack said: ?Incredibly proud to finally announce I?ll be joining the cast of Coronation Street. I honestly don?t know how I?ve been able to keep quiet about this for the past few months.

?Being a proper born and bred Mancunian, I can?t quite articulate what it means to me to be a part of this show.

?I?ve grown up watching Corrie and always hoped that one day I?d be able to step on those cobbles myself.?

The actor graduated from Surrey ?s prestigious Guildford School of Acting in 2019.

He has appeared in other popular TV shows including Emmerdale, Casualty, and Doctors.

Coronation Street's Kelly Neelan seems worried tonight (February 1) as Simon Barlow starts singing the praises of his new friend Jacob Hay.

Monday's double bill sees Jack James Ryan make his first appearance as newcomer Jacob, who'll befriend Simon (Alex Bain) at the local chippy.

Simon recently started work doing deliveries for the takeaway outlet and currently needs the money more than ever, as his mum Leanne Battersby is letting the bills slide at home.

Jacob also does deliveries for the chippy and seems to be making a special effort to get Simon on side.

In the upcoming scenes, Simon is troubled as Leanne can't afford to pay the electricity bill at the flat and they're at risk of being cut off.

When Simon confides in Jacob about how they're struggling, his new mate surprisingly offers him ?60 and seems in no rush to get it back.

The generous gift allows Simon to buy a week's worth of shopping and sort out the problem with the electricity company.

However, when Simon speaks to Kelly about how great Jacob has been, she seems uneasy but chooses to keep quiet. Has she seen a different side of Jacob?

Coronation Street has recently confirmed that Jacob will ultimately show his true colours by asking Simon to deliver drugs later this week.

Digital Spy

he plays a scumbag well

Coronation Street star Jack James Ryan confirms Jacob Hay has left the show
    Jack James Ryan has confirmed that his short stint on Coronation Street has come to an end.
    The young actor arrived on the cobbles in early February as Simon's (Alex Bain) drug-dealing friend Jacob Hay, who had been secretly ripping off their boss Harvey (Will Mellor).
    Chilling scenes played out in Friday's (March 12) episode as Harvey revealed that he'd been the one responsible for putting Jacob in hospital as punishment for his betrayal.
    Jacob's beating wasn't shown on screen, but there was ominous foreshadowing when he was shown getting into Harvey's car.
    As Friday's super-sized episode aired, actor Jack James Ryan confirmed that he'd said goodbye to Coronation Street following this tumultuous turn of events.
    "[And] thats Jacob Hay over and out," he tweeted. " I can't thank the fans enough for welcoming me into the #corrie fam with open arms.
    "This has honestly been an absolute dream come true for me! Who knows what's next for Jacob? 👀 For now, stick with us at @itvcorrie to see how this plays out."
    In the wake of Jacob's exit, Harvey has approached Simon to offer a promotion in his drugs operation. Next week, harrowing events will take place as Leanne is essentially pressured into becoming one of Harvey's dealers in order to help Simon.
    Will Mellor has hinted at how Harvey will gain a foothold in Weatherfield with both Simon and Leanne under his thumb.
    "He likes that Leanne and Simon go under the radar, it ticks the boxes for him," the Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps actor revealed.
    "If anything happens to them, it doesn't get back to him, he gets away scot-free. The horrible people who do this sacrifice others so they don't get caught.
    "Leanne is vulnerable, he says: 'You've got a nice face, trustworthy', so no-one will suspect her."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...ob-hay-return/

Coronation Street has confirmed that Jacob Hay will make a return appearance in the show next week.

Jacob (Jack James Ryan) was last seen on the ITV soap in March, as his role in Simon Barlow's drug dealing story came to an end.

Upcoming scenes see Jacob reappear as part of Kelly Neelan's homelessness plot.

Kelly (Millie Gibson) will soon start sleeping rough after a frightening encounter at her supported living accommodation.

In next week's episodes, Kelly beds down in a doorway for the night but attracts the attention of a drug dealer.

The dealer offers Kelly some free spice, but she insists that she's not interested.

The dodgy guy heads off, but Kelly has never felt more terrified and alone as she wonders whether things can get any worse.

Later in the week, the dealer returns again, but Jacob steps in to send him packing.

While Jacob seems to have saved the day, Kelly's new ally Stu Carpenter (Bill Fellows) isn't too impressed.

Stu recognises Jacob as a dodgy character in his own right, so orders him to sling his hook.

Corrie fans were introduced to Jacob in February, when he befriended Simon (Alex Bain) and lured him into the dark world of drugs.

Jacob also made Simon's mum Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson) miserable by taking over her flat and insulting her, leaving her powerless in her own home.

The story ultimately took a turn when Jacob's boss Harvey Gaskell (Will Mellor) discovered that he'd been betraying him.

When Harvey caught out Jacob for taking drugs from his supplies and selling them on separately, he retaliated by putting him in hospital.

Amy's new boyfriend?

he should train for a medical job

Looks like he might be leaving as he tells Nick that his dad is dealing out of the Bistro, he is scared for Amy and the family and will himself be caught dealing... shame, I really like the character and the actor.

I don't think he's leaving permanently. It is part of the storyline.

good character and actor, hope he stays full time

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-01-2023), tammyy2j (13-01-2023)

Thread Information