Thread: frank skinner heads for emmerdale

frank skinner heads for emmerdale

Comedy genius Frank Skinner will feature in Emmerdale as a mysterious voice on the radio.

The Yorkshire-based soap's fictional radio station, Hotten FM, is to run a competition for local residents where they have to guess the identity of a mystery celebrity voice to win a prize.

Chaos will ensue over the competition but Val Lambert (Charlie Hardwick) is a woman on a mission and is determined to win the prize.

Skinner said: "I've watched the show since the days of Amos Brearley and Mr. Wilkes so, even though I don't actually appear on screen, it's really exciting to be a tiny part of the Emmerdale legend"

Series Producer Kath Beedles commented: “We had heard that Frank was a fan of the show and were delighted that he was available to record this part.’’

Skinner will be heard in four episodes from Wednesday 31st August.

Oh it gets worse, and that Kath Beedles needs to leave and give the show back to Steve Frost who was half decent.

I actually think it sounds quite good. They could have put him in in a much worse way, but its subtle this way. Handled well i think

Quote Originally Posted by chance
    Comedy genius Frank Skinner will feature in Emmerdale as a mysterious voice on the radio.

The Yorkshire-based soap's fictional radio station, Hotten FM, is to run a competition for local residents where they have to guess the identity of a mystery celebrity voice to win a prize.

Chaos will ensue over the competition but Val Lambert (Charlie Hardwick) is a woman on a mission and is determined to win the prize.

Skinner said: "I've watched the show since the days of Amos Brearley and Mr. Wilkes so, even though I don't actually appear on screen, it's really exciting to be a tiny part of the Emmerdale legend"

Series Producer Kath Beedles commented: “We had heard that Frank was a fan of the show and were delighted that he was available to record this part.’’

Skinner will be heard in four episodes from Wednesday 31st August.
    Oh Perleeese!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

does he have to join i can't stand the man he is not funny what so ever.

Its not he's a permanant character, its just his voice. It doesn't mean its going to be faintly like his programmes at all

cant wait!!

It should be ok, but he's only going to say a few lines not much, so its not a great deal

I like Frank Skinner so I'm glad it's true. <starts humming footballs coming home>.

Thread Information