Thread: Ronnie Bailey

Exclamation Ronnie Bailey

Coronation Street to introduce a new member of the Bailey family in 2021
    Coronation Street will introduce a new family member for the Bailey clan in 2021, with the soap's boss Iain MacLeod teasing that the new arrival will be bringing a big secret with them.
    The Baileys ? consisting of couple Ed (Trevor Michael Georges) and Aggie (Lorna Laidlaw) and their two adult sons Michael (Ryan Russell) and James (Nathan Graham) ? arrived on the cobbles in June 2019 and they will soon be joined by Ed's "jack the lad" brother Ronnie, who will be causing no end of trouble for the family.
    Speaking to Digital Spy and other media, MacLeod has promised that Ronnie will be "a massive injection of chaos, energy and humour".
    "He's just a real jack the lad and will tip their currently-quite-cosy lifestyle on its head," MacLeod revealed. "He'll be setting many cats among many pigeons up and down the Street, much to Ed's exasperation at times."
    Ronnie's arrival certainly won't make things easier for the Bailey family as he will show up while Michael and Grace Vickers (Kate Spencer), who recently announced that she is pregnant with Michael's child after previously duping him into thinking that they had a daughter together, are trying to deal with the premature arrival of their baby.
    "He comes in at the worst possible moment, when Michael and Grace are trying to contend with the arrival of their slightly premature baby. Then in comes Ed's brother Ronnie ? holding the hand grenade with the pin already out and just wondering when to drop it.
    "As you can predict in a show like ours, he drops it at a point where it will do maximum damage. It's not through any malice, it's just because he can't help himself."
    As for what we can expect from Ronnie personality-wise, MacLeod revealed that he will remind viewers of charming past character Danny Baldwin, played by Bradley Walsh between 2004 and 2006.
    "Ronnie reminds me a lot of Danny Baldwin," he said. "He can be slightly ruthless but also irrepressibly charming. He's got that vibe about him and it's something the show hasn't had for a while, so I'm extremely excited to bring him in. The performer that we've hired is fabulous ? he's a really, really strong actor."
    There is no word yet on who has been cast to play Ronnie but it certainly sounds like we can expect fireworks when he sets foot in Weatherfield later this year.

Digital Spy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (02-01-2021), parkerman (02-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    soap's boss Iain MacLeod teasing that the new arrival will be bringing a big secret with them.
    Gasp! That'll be a novel twist. Can't ever remember a new soap character bringing a big secret with them before....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (02-01-2021), Perdita (02-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Gasp! That'll be a novel twist. Can't ever remember a new soap character bringing a big secret with them before....
    aggie affair, one of the sons is his?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street to introduce a new member of the Bailey family in 2021
    Coronation Street will introduce a new family member for the Bailey clan in 2021, with the soap's boss Iain MacLeod teasing that the new arrival will be bringing a big secret with them.
    The Baileys ? consisting of couple Ed (Trevor Michael Georges) and Aggie (Lorna Laidlaw) and their two adult sons Michael (Ryan Russell) and James (Nathan Graham) ? arrived on the cobbles in June 2019 and they will soon be joined by Ed's "jack the lad" brother Ronnie, who will be causing no end of trouble for the family.
    Speaking to Digital Spy and other media, MacLeod has promised that Ronnie will be "a massive injection of chaos, energy and humour".
    "He's just a real jack the lad and will tip their currently-quite-cosy lifestyle on its head," MacLeod revealed. "He'll be setting many cats among many pigeons up and down the Street, much to Ed's exasperation at times."
    Ronnie's arrival certainly won't make things easier for the Bailey family as he will show up while Michael and Grace Vickers (Kate Spencer), who recently announced that she is pregnant with Michael's child after previously duping him into thinking that they had a daughter together, are trying to deal with the premature arrival of their baby.
    "He comes in at the worst possible moment, when Michael and Grace are trying to contend with the arrival of their slightly premature baby. Then in comes Ed's brother Ronnie ? holding the hand grenade with the pin already out and just wondering when to drop it.
    "As you can predict in a show like ours, he drops it at a point where it will do maximum damage. It's not through any malice, it's just because he can't help himself."
    As for what we can expect from Ronnie personality-wise, MacLeod revealed that he will remind viewers of charming past character Danny Baldwin, played by Bradley Walsh between 2004 and 2006.
    "Ronnie reminds me a lot of Danny Baldwin," he said. "He can be slightly ruthless but also irrepressibly charming. He's got that vibe about him and it's something the show hasn't had for a while, so I'm extremely excited to bring him in. The performer that we've hired is fabulous ? he's a really, really strong actor."
    There is no word yet on who has been cast to play Ronnie but it certainly sounds like we can expect fireworks when he sets foot in Weatherfield later this year.

Digital Spy
    Hope Ronnie can act, coz the rest of his family are so irritatingly bad at acting😣

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mysangry For This Useful Post:

peebee252 (26-01-2021)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-arrival-date/

Coronation Street has confirmed that Vinta Morgan will play Ronnie Bailey ahead of the new character's arrival next month.

It was previously revealed that Ed's "jack the lad" brother Ronnie would be joining the cobbles and causing a bit of trouble for the Bailey family.

Vinta, who has appeared in the likes of Unforgotten, Ted Lasso and Grace Under Pressure, will make his debut as the character on Friday, February 19, ITV has confirmed.

"It's so great to be joining Coronation Street," the actor said. "I grew up watching it, I know the characters, I've lived the stories and now, to play my part on the street, I can only say I'm blessed.

"In my household it has always been a firm favourite and I'm so thrilled to be joining as this enigmatic character."

Producer Iain MacLeod added: "Ronnie Bailey is a massive injection of chaos, energy and humour. He is a Jack the Lad that will tip their current cosy existence on its head and set many cats among many pigeons, up and down the street, much to Ed's exasperation.

"In comes Ronnie with a hand grenade with the pin already out and we are all wondering when he is going to drop it and as you can predict on a show like ours he will drop it when it will do maximum damage. It's an exciting time in the Bailey household."

Corrie confirmed that Ronnie's arrival will put Aggie on edge, with the latter telling Grace about her unease due to Ronnie's habit of leading Ed astray.

She gets even more anxious when Ronnie reveals plans to move to Weatherfield ? though his reasons are shrouded in mystery, and he comes at the worst possible moment with Michael and Grace's baby announcement.

Ronnie is described as slightly ruthless and irresistibly charming, and has done well for himself over the years as an entrepreneur. It also looks like he has an eye for the ladies and has his sights set on romance too.

what does he do? still living in the pub?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    what does he do? still living in the pub?
    He buys up old breweries and turns them into four house villages!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (16-07-2022)

Thread Information