Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amy Greenwood (Jacinta Stapleton)

Amy Greenwood (Jacinta Stapleton)

I couldn't find an old thread, so I have started a new one for Jacinta Stapleton. She is making a guest reappearance in reprising her role as Amy Greenwood after 20 years (with a later brief appearance in 2005)

Neighbours confirms return for Amy Greenwood as Jacinta Stapleton reprises the role
    "She is so unpredictable and great fun."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...nta-stapleton/

Neighbours favourite Jacinta Stapleton is officially coming back to Erinsborough.

With her guest return as Amy Greenwood kicking off on Australian screens next month and in the UK in early January, this will be the first time she's showed her face in the soap since 2005.

Back in the day, Stapleton's party girl character skipped town with Damien Smith (played by John Ridley) when they found out she was pregnant ? marrying each other before Damien eventually came out as gay.

As for how she'll be reintroduced, Amy now works in the fashion industry and turns up when a call for a new Lassiters uniform design goes out.

"As Amy Greenwood has always held a fond place in my heart, to reprise her 20 years later feels like a gift that rarely happens in one's career," commented the actress.

"She's effusive and flamboyant and joyous to play. Her time back in Erinsborough will see her experience everything from friendship to drama, to romance and heartbreak. It's quite the ride."

Meanwhile, executive producer Jason Herbison shared a few words of his own.

"Amy Greenwood is a heritage character I've wanted to reprise for a long time because she is so unpredictable and great fun, and I'm thrilled Jacinta was available for this guest part ? she has slipped back into the role effortlessly," he explained.

"Amy is set to raise some eyebrows on Ramsay Street but also win a lot of hearts."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

And from radiotimes.com:

Neighbours announces return of Amy Greenwood as Jacinta Stapleton reprises role
    Now we just need Lance Wilkinson back...

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/soap...pleton-return/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (29-11-2020), Mirjam (29-11-2020)

i hope she stays longer, great with toad and shane, bring in her kids and gay ex hubbys

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dothrakigirl (21-01-2021)

Digital Spy article:

Aust Pace

Neighbours' Amy Greenwood leaves Erinsborough after Shane Rebecchi drama
    The love triangle reaches a conclusion.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...es-shane-dipi/

Neighbours spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK readers may prefer to avoid.

Neighbours character Amy Greenwood has decided to leave Erinsborough on Australian screens, after her relationship with Shane Rebecchi came to an end.

Thursday's episode (February 18) on 10 Peach saw Amy devastated by the idea of Shane reuniting with Dipi as she prepared to set off back home to Queensland.

It is unclear whether this is the end of star Jacinta Stapleton's guest stint.

The past few months have seen a love triangle storyline develop between Amy, Shane and Dipi. Shane picked Amy after Dipi confessed that she still loves Shane, but the drama culminated in a life-or-death moment at the Tram.

Shane arrives to see both Amy and Dipi unconscious following a gas leak. Instinctively, he saves Dipi first. Amy notices this, but it's not until a conversation with Terese Willis that she realises Shane still loves Dipi.

Amy and Shane meet up outside the Tram where they split. Speaking to Toadie Rebecchi afterwards, she confirms she's putting her boutique business plans on hold ? giving up the Tram ? and announces she's leaving to go back to her kids.

Shane is planning on telling Dipi how he really feels ? which pleases Yashvi ? but at the same time, Dipi is preparing divorce papers, having decided to try and move on with her life.

Will Shane and Dipi get back together?

These scenes air in the UK in five weeks' time.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (19-02-2021), Ruffed_lemur (19-02-2021)

Boo. Shame. She was good.

Now Shane and Dipi will get back together as both have tried something new and things will return to normal.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danners9 For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (19-02-2021), lizann (19-02-2021)

id kept amy get rid of dipi chloe and nicolette

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

courseiam (20-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    id kept amy get rid of dipi chloe and nicolette
    Agreed!

Digital Spy article on Jacinta/Amy's return:

Neighbours star Jacinta Stapleton confirms Amy Greenwood is returning as a regular
    "The answer was a 'hell yes!'"

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...rning-regular/

Jacinta Stapleton has confirmed that she will be back as a regular on Neighbours following her recent guest return.

The actress reprised her role as Amy Greenwood after 20 years away from the soap last year (15 if you count a one-off appearance in 2005) in Australia and earlier this year in the UK.

However, we'll be seeing a lot more of the star on our screens going forward, Jacinta telling Digital Spy exclusively that she couldn't be more "excited" to be a regular.

"So, originally I was supposed to be back there for only six weeks in 2020, then in my first week it got extended to eleven," she explained.

"It was completely stressful to be honest, coming back after 20 years, and I am sure the producers needed to see that I still had it in me! After six weeks I wanted to discuss script with them and it was then that they asked me if I would stay.

"I wanted to, for sure, so instead of the usual protocol of 'you speak to my people', I told them personally, I'd stay? for a bit!"

Asked whether she hoped for a regular slot on the soap when she filmed her guest return last year, Jacinta admitted: "I never in a million years ? or 20 to be exact ? thought I'd be back on Neighbours at all.

"When I was gently coerced by the very fabulous Jackie Woodburne, Anne Charleston and Jan Russ to come back, I had to really think about it. Did that fast-paced, frenetic, absolute machine of a show suit me right now? I loved that character, and still do.

"So to be able to bring Amy back with wisdom and experience is truly a gift. Also, I was really glad to observe the culture of the working environment had progressed to a more inclusive and diverse one, so the answer was a 'hell yes!'"

As for who she would like Amy to interact with, especially after Shane Rebecchi's exit from Ramsay Street, the star said: "My favourite person to work with was [Shane actor] Nick Coghlan, the consummate professional that he is.

"We were definitely of the same ilk and I hope to work with him again. I also love the dynamic between Amy and Ter?se, played by Rebekah Elmaloglou, so I hope that continues for a long time."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (08-05-2021)

So Dipi is gone and Amy is coming back? Fantastic!

Will her kids or Lance or her gay husbands make an appearance?

I am glad she is returning I like Amy

I am disappointed Amy is returning. I thought she had served her purpose.

Thread Information