Thread: Charles (Kevin Mathurin) and Ethan (Emile John)

Exclamation Charles (Kevin Mathurin) and Ethan (Emile John)

Emmerdale is to welcome a new father-son duo to the village, vicar Charles and his son Ethan, who are set to debut in the coming months.

Charles will be played by Kevin Mathurin (The One and Only Ivan, Rillington Place), while Ethan will be portrayed by up-and-coming actor Emile John.

Vicar Charles is to be an instant hit with the villagers of Emmerdale and will provide great support to Harriet Finch.

His son Ethan is described as intelligent and has inherited his father's strong sense of justice and worked hard to carve himself a successful law career.

But when Charles finds that Ethan has been wrongly accused of a crime, his intense need to fight injustice means it's not long before they have a run-in with the Dingles.

Speaking about joining the Emmerdale cast, Mathurin (Charles) said: "The show has always been a family favourite and my mum is a huge fan. The cast and crew have all been so welcoming and I am really looking forward to Charles' storylines in the Village."

John described playing Ethan as "an absolute dream come true," adding: "I feel a tremendous sense of responsibility in articulating his struggle with truth and authenticity and I can only hope that the audience fully engage with him in the same way I have."

Producer Sophie Roper said of the two new cast members: "We're delighted to be welcoming Kevin and Emile to the show and this dynamic new father and son duo, are set to send shockwaves through the village as they find themselves embroiled in the heart of a thought-provoking story with one of our most loved families.

"With two actors of such great calibre, they're certainly set to make their mark on the Dales."

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kiwigirl (26-11-2020)

Emmerdale has revealed how viewers are going to be introduced to new vicar Charles and it looks like he's being put to work straight away ? on Christmas Day!

Last month, the soap announced that vicar Charles, played by Kevin Mathurin (The One and Only Ivan, Rillington Place), will be arriving in the village alongside his son Ethan, who will be portrayed by up-and-coming actor Emile John.

We already know that Charles is to be an instant hit with the villagers of Emmerdale and will provide great support to Harriet Finch, but now we've discovered how the pair will meet.

Harriet will be needing all the support she can get after conspiring with Will to move Malone's body, following the news that his burial site is set to be disturbed.

By Christmas Day, Harriet will still be, understandably, feeling paranoid following her actions and left unable to focus on the surprise wedding Paddy has planned for Chas.

Unable to face officiating the wedding, Harriet will call in Charles to do the honours instead.

But Harriet's actions will leave the villagers concerned about her well-being. Is the dark secret of Malone's murder still in danger of being exposed?

Meanwhile, we already know Charles' son Ethan will be coming to the village with a secret of his own.

Spoilers have revealed that Charles will find Ethan has been wrongly accused of a crime and his intense need to fight injustice means it's not long before they have a run-in with the Dingles.

Emmerdale airs these scenes at Christmas on ITV.

Digital Spy

Ethan?s world will be turned upside down when he comes into contact with Sarah. Through no fault of his own he finds himself on the wrong side of the law and with some explaining to do to his father, new vicar Charles.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...jordan-racism/

Emmerdale actor Emile John has spoken about his character Ethan Anderson's latest storyline, which sees his character become a victim of a racist hate crime.

In upcoming episodes, lawyer Ethan will be attacked by his client Jordan who has been arrested for attacking Billy Fletcher in another racist attack.

After that, Ethan decides to stop representing Jordan due to his continued aggressive behaviour in the hopes that he can put the case behind him. However, Ethan is followed into the station by Jordan who then proceeds to viciously assault him.

John has praised the soap for the "brave" storyline, saying while speaking to Digital Spy and other media that it's "important to show that these people like Jordan do exist in the world".

John shared: "I think Emmerdale has been really brave and also they're showing it in its most huge form. Usually when we see series or dramas talk on the topic of racism, it's a more covert racism and it's not really too harsh, but here we see someone who is actually very overt with it. His [Jordan's] language is disgusting."

The actor also discussed the impact the attack will have on Ethan in the future. "The stakes are extremely high here. It's Ethan's career, he's worked so hard to climb the ladder in these fields," he explained.

"I think he'll probably want to choose his cases more wisely, I don't think he'll be throwing himself into just into any old case. I think this will change Ethan in a way," he continued.

"He took the case because he wants to make a good impression on the firm, but I think this is probably a lesson to Ethan that as much as you want to progress in your career, there are more important things and your career isn't the be all and end all."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

LizzyBizzy (12-05-2022)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...-prison-visit/

We are going to see a darker side of Charles .. so not only irritating, now dark too ... sigh.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (01-06-2023)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...-ethan-return/

The very busy lawyer who has been away on work business is returning.... yaaaawwnn

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (07-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...-ethan-return/

The very busy lawyer who has been away on work business is returning.... yaaaawwnn
    Yes very boring character, but at least Naomi has gone. Your'e right Charles there is a god.
    Last edited by johntrevor; 07-07-2023 at 13:20.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...ethan-bad-boy/

Emmerdale actor Emile John has explained a bit more about Ethan Anderson's shocking new storyline on the ITV soap.

Emile recently told Digital Spy exclusively that the previously by-the-book lawyer would go rogue in upcoming episodes, and now further details have started to come out.

Speaking to Inside Soap magazine, he said: "A certain situation is a catalyst for Ethan completely having his life implode on him. In the beginning it's out of necessity, he has to do certain things to get himself out of trouble.

"But I do wonder if he started taking a liking to being a bit more of a bad boy... I'm looking forward to filming that! ...As much as I've loved playing Ethan so far, it's been kind of the same vibe, so I'm looking forward to playing something different.

"As humans we're multi-faceted, so it'd be really nice to play a darker side to Ethan."

But whatever happens, Emile hopes that this storyline doesn't lead to Ethan losing his well-dressed lawyer job, "because I would be sad not having to dress up every day. I really love getting suited and booted with the tie."

On-screen recently, we've seen Ethan share some scenes with Rhona Goskirk, played by Zoe Henry, and he's keen to work more with other actors he hasn't had much to do with so far.

"I'm hoping it will lead to more scenes with Marlon, because I think Mark [Charnock] is an incredible actor. The times I've been on set with him, I've got invaluable advice.

"I'd love to tread the boards with him in a scene. I think I could learn a lot from him. And aside from that, he's just a really lovely person, so I'd love to have a bit more time with him."

Thread Information