Thread: Nicky Wheatley

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nicky Wheatley

Kimberly Hart-Simpson has revealed more details of the soap's next Geoff Metcalfe twist.

Scenes airing later this month see Daniel Osbourne steal money belonging to Geoff after they argue at the solicitor's office. During the row, Daniel rebukes Geoff for using vulnerable sex workers.

Daniel later hands the money over to Kimberly's character Nicky Wheatley, encouraging her to use it to re-pay her debts and start a new life.

His surprising plan comes shortly after Nicky has been admitted to hospital following a nasty incident, but the big question is whether Daniel's risky tactics could make matters even worse for her.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media about Daniel's scheme, Kimberly explained: "My own reaction would be that Daniel is going to another extreme, because we are seeing what we think is a potential mental health spiral for Daniel.

"But actually it's very much the opposite. He's really getting it together. He's really working things out here. He's thinking: 'This isn't just about me, there are other people in the world that are suffering'.

"I think taking the money isn't a crazy thing for Daniel to do. It's a fight for women's rights! It's fighting for women that are in that industry as well. He has that conversation with Geoff about the sex workers. I think he's pro-sex workers and wants to make a change there.

"Daniel also knows how badly Geoff has treated Yasmeen. I think everybody is starting to see that now. Viewers will love that Daniel takes the money from him.

"It starts to set in that actually, Daniel is really working his life out here. He's probably starting to be in the best mental health state that he's been in for a very long time."

Asked whether Nicky should be wary of crossing Geoff, Kimberly replied: "I think Nicky would think he's catnip! He's a dangerous calculating man, but he's not an instant danger man. He's a long slow burner, and I don't think she'd have that. He wouldn't be around long enough for him to do that to her.

"Everyone is saying: 'He's a dangerous man'. Of course he is, but he's not a drastic man, in that he'd never do something for the public to see because then it would blow his cover."

Daniel's efforts to help Nicky also give him a chance to redeem himself, after he upset her with a harsh comment about her sex work in Monday night's double bill (September 21).

Kimberly added: "The trust hasn't gone. She still knows Daniel is not a bad person. He comes to the hospital, and he's one of the only friend visitors she would have in that scenario.

"Obviously she has her mum coming to see her too, but she has no-one else in her life and that's heartbreaking ? that the person she met a couple of months ago is there for her and there's nobody else.

"She does see a future with Daniel, but I think they have their own little journey to sort out first. I don't think either of them could commit to something right this second, until they take a moment to digest everything that's happened to them.

"This money that's presented to her could be life-changing, whether she takes it or not, but that is another thing that she needs to digest.

"There is definitely something there between Nicky and Daniel and I think you can see it. I think viewers can start to see it."

Digital Spy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (22-09-2020), Ruffed_lemur (22-09-2020)

Thread Information