Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadrach in semi-retirement from Emmerdale

Unhappy Shadrach in semi-retirement from Emmerdale

EMMERDALE crusty Shadrach Dingle is leaving the village after 12 years.

Actor Andy Devine, 67, is going into semi-retirement.

He may return to cause mayhem during big storylines.

A source said: "Andy loves the show but working on a soap is punishing and he needs time off.

"He'll dip in and out every couple of months but won't be a permanent fixture."

The Sun

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

niknaks (27-01-2010), tammyy2j (20-06-2010)

ah shame, I didn't like his character when he first arrived, but then like most of the dingles they kinda grow on you don't they lol. Good luck to Andy.

I love this character although I find his behaviour really disgusting at times I am glad that he is not going for good but is coming to be his usual nuisance once in a while.

I hope Shadrach leaves with a rich woman to look after him

Unhappy Shadrach to die

Emmerdale actor Andy Devine, who plays Shadrach Dingle in the soap, is reportedly devastated after learning that his character is to be killed off.

The actor, 67, had asked to go into semi-retirement after struggling to cope with the filming schedule, according to the Daily Star Sunday.

It is claimed that he was initially told he would be allowed to film scenes when it suited him, and return for major storylines involving the Dingles. However, he was later told that his character would be killed off.

A friend of the actor said: "Andy thought he would be able to come back every now and then, so to find out that Shadrach will leave Emmerdale in a body bag was a big disappointment."

An Emmerdale spokeswoman added: "Shadrach will be leaving the village on his birthday but how he goes remains to be seen. However, it’s not one to be missed."

Devine has been in the ITV1 soap for 12 years.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (20-06-2010)

I love the character and will miss him, even if he is behaving disgustingly at times

according to the Daily Star Sunday.
    Very sad if true

You already have a thread about Shadrac leaving Emmerdale here http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...from-Emmerdale
    Last edited by alan45; 21-06-2010 at 00:57.

Emmerdale actor Andy Devine, who plays Shadrach Dingle in the soap, is reportedly devastated after learning that his character is to be killed off.

The actor, 67, had asked to go into semi-retirement after struggling to cope with the filming schedule, according to the Daily Star Sunday.

It is claimed that he was initially told he would be allowed to film scenes when it suited him, and return for major storylines involving the Dingles. However, he was later told that his character would be killed off.

A friend of the actor said: "Andy thought he would be able to come back every now and then, so to find out that Shadrach will leave Emmerdale in a body bag was a big disappointment."

An Emmerdale spokeswoman added: "Shadrach will be leaving the village on his birthday but how he goes remains to be seen. However, it’s not one to be missed."

Devine has been in the ITV1 soap for 12 years.

It will be the booze that kills him. He'll get run over by a brewray lorry.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

The story about Shadrac being killed off was in the Sunday Sport. A large pinch of salt is required

Thread Information