Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Meena Jutla ( Paige Sandhu )

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Interesting concept ...
    Paige Sandhu has promised that Emmerdale viewers will get a "really satisfying" ending to the Meena saga when her final scenes air next week.

Fans saw the serial killer brought to justice last week when she was found guilty and eventually captured after a final attempt to make a violent escape.
    Sandhu told Digital Spy that Meena is "thrown off" when she arrives for her sentencing and finds that her usual audience is not there to witness it.

She added: "Meena is also really delusional. After everything that she's done, even taking hold of the court and adding more crimes to her long list, she still thinks that she's going to get away with everything and only get sent down for a couple of years.

"That's the number she has in her head and then that doesn't happen. She completely loses it."

Sandhu said she believes that a lengthy prison sentence would be "worse than death" for Meena, who would have loved to be remembered as "the greatest mastermind villain that the world has ever seen".

She added: "I think it's going to be really satisfying for the audience ? particularly the people who really hate Meena ? to see this ending.

"It is justice and there was a line written on Meena's last scene. The writer had written 'ding dong, the witch is finally gone' and I think that sums it up very well."

Sandhu revealed in her chat with Digital Spy that she has already lined up her next acting gig and is due to start filming on something soon.

The star also confessed she "loves baddies" and would relish the opportunity to get her teeth into another villainous role.

She said: "I just want to continue playing characters that are wildly different than me, where you can have a lot of fun, the roles are really challenging and fulfilling, and it doesn't really matter whether they are a goodie or a baddie.

"Just as long as I feel connected to them, I can have fun, it's challenging and it's written really well and the storyline is amazing."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (17-04-2022), LizzyBizzy (17-04-2022)

Paige Sandhu - 'it's written really well and the storyline is amazing.'

This is not Emmerdale we're talking about here is it?
    Last edited by Snagglepus; 17-04-2022 at 16:55.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagglepus For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (17-04-2022)

Paige Sandhu

Paige Sandhu would love to return to 'Emmerdale.'

The 25-year-old actress - who bowed out of her role as murderess Meena Jutla back in April 2022 and won the Best Leading Performer at the British Soap Awards on Saturday (11.06.22) - teased that "anything could happen" when the show reaches its 50th anniversary in October and admitted that she would definitely go back.

She said: "I definitely feel like anything could happen for the 50th. It's Emmerdale after all. We're going to go big. Of course [I'd go back] The people who work there are so great, they're so warm and I love the characters!"

However, the soap star - whose character was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murders of Leanna Cavanagh, Andrea Tate, and Ben Tucker - claimed that any return would be anything but a "redemption" storyline as she labelled Meena as a "psychopath."

She told Radiotimes.com: "She's bad. There's no redemption for her! She's a psychopath, but I think we can love her for that. I mean I definitely want to carry on doing stories with Rebecca Sarker, who plays [her sister] Manpreet because she's such a great actress and we have such fun together. So anything with her I'd be up for!

"Working with Rebecca was fun because as an actress you don't just want to play one note. You want to play the multitude of notes that there are, and Meena loves Manpreet, but also hates her and takes revenge against her, and I think it's very satisfying as an actress to be able to do that."

Thread Information