Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The Parata Family

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Home and Away: Tane proposes to Felicity - but can she get past her commitment issues and say yes?
    ''Can she grow out of this fear and take the risk?''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...proposal-74892

For many women, seeing your partner down on one knee is a dream come true. For Felicity, however, the event is a little more complicated.

This week in Home And Away, Flick (Jacqui Purvis) is asked the big question when Tane (Ethan Browne) whisks her away for a beautiful date by the lighthouse, surrounded by family and friends.

But after the few weeks she's endured, dealing with her policeman brother Cash's (Nicholas Cartwright) unpredictable state following the violent shootout at the bikie headquarters, is her head in the right place to make a life-changing decision?

"Flick thinks Tane is just being extra-sweet, because things have been super-tough recently with Cash," Jacqui tells TV WEEK. "And because she's been so distracted with it all, she doesn't really think twice about it."

As the couple reach the top of the hill and pour themselves a glass of bubbly, the sweet sounds of an original love song by Lyrik fill the air.

When Felicity takes in the gorgeous picnic and the man she loves in front of her, it sinks in: Tane is about to propose!

"She doesn't expect it at all," Jacqui says. "It's a massive shock."

But as Tane gets down on one knee, and asks, "Will you marry me?" a dumbfounded Felicity doesn't know how to respond.

"Commitment is one of Flick's biggest fears," Jacqui explains.

"She can't stand the thought of losing someone she loves. So to commit, in Flick's mind, is allowing loss to happen.

"Can she grow out of this fear and take the risk, and realise that sometimes it's worth it, even if there's a possibility of loss?"

After going through so much together, is this a step too far for Tane and Felicity's relationship ? or is she finally prepared to confront her deepest fear?

And the DS article:

Home and Away proposal storyline for Tane and Felicity
    But can Felicity get past her issues?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...city-proposal/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 26-09-2022 at 22:01.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (25-09-2022)

DS article:

Home and Away hints at heartbreak after marriage proposal
    Is there trouble ahead?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...sal-aftermath/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Monday's Australian episode (October 3), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has hinted at possible trouble to come for Tane Parata and Felicity Newman's relationship.

Last week's episodes in Australia saw Tane pop the question to Felicity, gathering friends and family together to witness the romantic moment.

Felicity admitted that she felt blindsided by the public nature of Tane's grand gesture, but she ultimately accepted his proposal.

Celebrations followed in the Summer Bay community, but in Monday's episode on Channel 7, Felicity admitted that she was still having some doubts.

Felicity opened up to her friend and business partner Mackenzie Booth during a private moment at Salt, explaining that Tane's decision to propose in front of an audience had put her under serious pressure to say yes.

Felicity explained: "It came out of nowhere and everyone was just standing there. I know that he would hate me feeling like that, but he was down on one knee and so hopeful. I didn't want to hurt him or humiliate him."

Felicity clarified that she loves Tane and couldn't imagine life without him, but isn't yet totally sold on the idea of marriage.

Mackenzie tried her best to play down Felicity's doubts, pointing out that she has plenty of time to work things out.

Mac advised: "All that's really changed is a ring on your finger. It's not like you're getting married tomorrow.

"People stay engaged for years."

Will Felicity hold back from telling Tane how she really feels ? and could this cause problems for their relationship in the long run?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in November.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (03-10-2022)

DS article:

Home and Away reveals wedding crisis for popular Summer Bay couple
    The drama continues.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...licity-crisis/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Tuesday's Australian episode (October 11), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has aired a wedding crisis for Tane Parata and Felicity Newman in the show's latest Australian episode.

The popular Summer Bay couple recently became engaged after Tane surprised Felicity with an unexpected proposal.

Although Felicity accepted, she later confided in Mackenzie Booth about how she only said yes because she felt pressured.

This was partly because Tane had gone all-out with his proposal, popping the question publicly with all eyes on Felicity to see her response.

In Tuesday's episode on Channel 7, Tane and Felicity's friends started to ask questions about the specifics of their wedding planning.

With everyone keen to know about potential dates and locations, Felicity tried her best to change the subject.

Felicity is keen to delay the ceremony for as long as possible, knowing that she isn't ready yet.

However, when Tane also started asking questions and received similarly cagey responses, he became suspicious and started to realise that something was wrong.

Felicity's own anxieties about the wedding looked likely to subside when Mac reminded her that the event wouldn't take place for a while.

When Felicity returned home and tried to tempt Tane to join her in the shower, he refused and insisted that they needed to talk.

Tane asked: "There's something you're not telling me. Why is it that whenever I bring up the wedding, you can't get away from me fast enough?"

Wednesday's Australian episode will see Tane do some detective work, looking back at photos from the proposal and seeing that Felicity was secretly miserable.

When Tane later calls the wedding off, will Felicity be relieved or disappointed?

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (11-10-2022)

DS article:

Home and Away star Ethan Browne responds to Tane exit rumours
    Is it time to leave Summer Bay?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-exit-rumours/

Home and Away fans can rest easy as star Ethan Browne seems to have shut down rumours surrounding his possible exit.

In a new interview, Brown, who plays Tane Parata on the Aussie soap, has joked he'll work there "forever".

"No, I dunno," he told Yahoo! Lifestyle, adding: "Got a few more years left in me I think."

While this seems to clear the air on the possibility of Tane bowing out, it might also be a case of Browne trying to throw fans off track about an upcoming exit. Whatever the case, only time will tell.

For now, Tane is very much still part of the Summer Bay gang and Browne has teased what lies ahead for his character.

The personal trainer is currently engaged to Felicity Newman (Jacqui Purvis) and they're planning their big day.

Browne said fans should expect a "storm", hinting at the relationship not being smooth sailing.

"There's gonna be a bit of a storm, and it's gonna come good again," he said.

"So it looks like [everything] is good? [but] usually when something's going good, it's going to turn bad, that's the usual thing on Home and Away.

"It's gonna come right, that's all I will say."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (21-10-2022)

Although not officially confirmed, there has been speculation for a little while that Kawakawa Fox-Reo (Nikau) has left H&A, particularly after he recently posted photos online of his holiday in Europe with dyed blonde hair. Now this Daily Telegraph article (subscription only) has been posted:

Actor Kawakawa Fox-Reo leaves Home and Away after three years
    Summer Bay has bid farewell to another heartthrob? Kawakawa Fox-Reo has become the latest cast member to move on from the long-running Aussie soap, it can be revealed.

Home and Away actor Kawakawa Fox-Reo has filmed his final scenes on the TV soap.

Confidential can reveal producers offered the actor a one-year extension after he came to the end of his three-year contract with the show.

The 24-year-old however decided to call time on Summer Bay and is on holiday in Europe.

This week, Fox-Reo shared happy snaps from Paris, France, and showed off a new look.

After filming his last episode about a month ago, he dyed his hair peroxide blonde.

Usually while shows like Home and Away and other TV dramas, actors need to be careful not to change their look for continuity of character.

Fox-Reo joined Home and Away in 2019, moving to Sydney from New Zealand as a relative unknown here.

His previous on camera experience included a guest role on TV series Wellington Paranormal and short film The Super Galactic Space Cadets.

Fox-Reo quickly made an impact as Nikau Parata, the nephew of brothers Ari (Rob Kippa Williams) as Ari (Ethan Brown).

Brown is the only remaining of the three still with the show.

Fox-Reo will continue to be seen on air for several months with the show filmed months in advance.

Channel 7 would not comment or confirm Fox-Reo?s departure.

In 2020, the actor spoke to Confidential about playing Nikau, admitting to feeling self-conscious filming beach scenes with his shirt off.

?I have always been a skinny kid,? Fox-Reo told Confidential. ?I?ve always had quite a fast metabolism.?

Given that it is ?always summer in Summer Bay?, actors are required to show off their bodies wearing swimsuits year round.

?When I first started I was a bit nervous and self conscious to be honest,? he said of shooting in just his boardshorts.

?But I have learnt over time just to get over myself and do my job. I?ve learnt to love myself a little bit more in the process of that too. Right now it is not a big deal at all, whereas it used to be something that I was scared about. I was self conscious about how skinny I was, worried about what people would say. When you love yourself enough though, who cares what anybody else thinks.?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...600&vt=2&sim=1

EDIT: The DS article:

Home and Away star Kawakawa Fox-Reo leaves Nikau Parata role
    Three years and out.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...eo-nikau-exit/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 30-11-2022 at 23:03.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (30-11-2022)

Another Tane & Felicity promo - 'They were in love is this the end?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgp4941FaDQ

And DS article:

Home and Away's Tane Parata left devastated in new storyline
    Is his relationship all over?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ft-devastated/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has aired a shock split for Tane Parata and Felicity Newman in the show's latest Australian episodes.

Tane and Felicity went their separate ways in Thursday's triple bill of episodes in Australia (February 16) following some heated rows over Felicity's drinking.

Felicity has been consuming alcohol heavily since the crash that nearly killed her on the planned day of her wedding to Tane.

This week's Australian episodes saw Tane's nephew Nikau discover Felicity's secret stash of alcohol and raise the alarm that she seemed to be struggling.

When Tane then tried to show support to his fianc?e, she denied having a problem and moved into the caravan park to escape scrutiny from her loved ones.

In the show's latest episodes, Felicity went a step further as she continued to reject Tane's support.

Felicity handed back her engagement ring and told a heartbroken Tane that their relationship was over.

Although Tane genuinely believed that it could be the end for him and Felicity, a concerned Nikau sensed that Felicity would soon regret pushing him away.

Remembering the heartfelt gesture that Felicity had secretly planned for the wedding, Nikau decided to fill Tane in on how much he clearly means to her.

Nikau said: "She was learning her vows in Te Reo Māori ? that's how much you mean to her. Feelings like that, they don't just disappear overnight. She's struggling ? that doesn't mean she's stopped loving you."

However, Tane later pointed out: "She's trying to do whatever she can to push me away ? she's made that really clear. I can't help it, Nik ? she doesn't want to be with me. I can't force that."

As Tane headed out of Summer Bay for a few days to clear his head, Felicity confided in her brother Cash about how she feels drinking is the only way to block out the bad memories of the crash.

Is there still hope for Tane's relationship with Felicity when he eventually returns to the Bay?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in April.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (16-02-2023)

DS article - Nikau's (& Bella's) final scenes aired last night in Aust:

Home and Away airs Nikau Parata's exit storyline
    His time in the Bay is all over.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...xit-storyline/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK readers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away aired Nikau Parata's final episodes on Australian screens on Thursday (March 2).

Kawakawa Fox-Reo has left the show after three years in the role of Nikau, as first reported a few months ago.

In Thursday's triple bill of episodes in Australia, Nikau's time in Summer Bay came to an end as he headed off into the sunset with his on-off girlfriend Bella Nixon.

Bella had returned to the Bay from New York while on a break from work commitments.

Although Bella had made the trip to meet Dean Thompson and Ziggy Astoni's baby daughter Izzy, she inevitably crossed paths with Nikau once she was back.

This gave Nikau the chance to finally tell Bella the truth about their break-up, explaining how he was only trying to protect her from the biker gang who were hassling the Parata family at the time. Bella accepted this and agreed that they could be friends again.

Despite the former couple clearing the air, Nikau became upset in the show's latest episodes when he realised that Bella didn't want him to attend her goodbye dinner.

Nikau took this as a sign that Bella hadn't truly forgiven him, but she later admitted that she just didn't want to share a painful goodbye with him again.

Bella's decision to share her true feelings led to her spending the night with Nikau, who soon decided that he'd like to move to New York with her.

Once Nikau had the blessing of his uncle Tane, he departed with Bella and looked forward to a happy future in the US.

Kawakawa's exit from Home and Away was first revealed in November last year. At the time, it was reported that he'd left the show to pursue other projects.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (02-03-2023)

Tane?s cousin, Kahu, arrives in next week's Aust episodes. There has been nothing official as yet, so not sure if he will be permanent, but indications so far are that he will be a guest character. We will see...

Kahu 'bad boy' promo:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CquJ2eABxZ8/

DS article:

Home and Away reveals another problem for Tane and Felicity's relationship
    Their happy newlyweds phase hits a stumbling block.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...felicity-kahu/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has revealed tension for Tane Parata and Felicity Newman's marriage following the arrival of Summer Bay newcomer Kahu.

Thursday's episode on Channel 7 in Australia (April 13) saw new guest cast member Jordi Webber make his first appearance as Kahu Parata, a cousin of Tane's.

Kahu turned up in the Bay unexpectedly, interrupting Tane as he led a fitness class near the beach.

Tane provided a warm welcome to his cousin, who pointed out that Tane had kindly invited him to pay a visit whenever he liked.

Felicity, who'd previously met Kahu during a recent trip to New Zealand with Tane, also made him feel at home. However, she also felt slight disappointment that she had to cancel her and Tane's existing plans for the day.

The next morning, Felicity offered to show Kahu around the Bay, but there were hints of tension to come when he turned her down and vowed to spend the day with his cousin instead.

Tane pointed out that he'd be working and Kahu would find it dull, but Kahu refused to listen and vowed to be right by his side.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cq-LL...9-c1336fd30c05

In next week's Australian episodes, the problems intensify as Felicity starts to resent Kahu's presence when she's supposed to be enjoying the newlyweds phase with Tane.

Felicity vents to her brother Cash by saying: "If it was for a bit, that would be fine ? but no. Kahu has asked Tane for a job."

Tane notices that Felicity seems unhappy with Kahu starting work at the gym, but he struggles to get answers from her about what the problem is.

Meanwhile, Cash suggests that Kahu's presence could be good for Tane as he's clearly missing his nephew Nikau. Does this mean that Felicity will have to compromise for a while?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in June.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (14-04-2023)

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Home and Away: Tane's crazy cousin Tahu comes to town!
    'Cyclone' Tahu could prove a wrecking ball.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...and-away-77380

There's nothing Tane wouldn't do for family.

But when his cousin Kahu arrives and starts to ruffle a few feathers, his business ? and relationships ? could strike trouble.

In Home and Away, Tane (Ethan Browne) is delighted to see his cousin Kahu (Jordi Webber), who has turned up unexpectedly in Summer Bay.

He invites him to stay ? irking his new bride Felicity (Jacqui Purvis) who was hoping the honeymoon would last a little longer.

But, seeing how happy her husband is to see another Parata family member, Felicity lets Kahu in.

''Tane and Kahu have always been close,'' Jordi tells TV WEEK.

''As soon as they catch up again, they click and jive right where they left off.''

But to Tane and Flick's surprise, Kahu then asks for a job at the gym. Just how long does he plan to be around?

''Flick likes Kahu but wonders why he's here and how long he's staying,'' Jacqui tells TV WEEK.

''She's still in the honeymoon phase and doesn't want anyone to steal her love away.''

Jacqui adds that filming alongside Ethan as a newly married couple has been a joyful experience.

''I love working with Ethan,'' she says.

''He's been on this journey with me since day dot. He's really good to me and puts up with all my nonsense.''

Later in the week, Tane offers Kahu a temporary position at the gym ? until he realizes Kahu has no qualifications! If customers were to discover the truth or become injured under Kahu's care, Tane's business would be in serious trouble.

''Kahu hasn't quite learned the value of honesty, working hard and trust,'' Jordi says.

''He has a carefree attitude. He's this cheeky, fun, mischief, surfie, rolling stone who comes into town and brings the music. There's a lot of movement in him and a lot of 'no care' attitude, which is what makes him very fun to play with.''

At the beach, Tane introduces Kahu to Alf (Ray Meagher) ? but is thrown when Kahu tells him he's the new trainer at the gym.

Alf is pleased the position has been filled, but Tane worries that he's just made a huge mistake.

Will Kahu prove a loose cannon and cause problems?

And why is he so keen to remain in the Bay anyway?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (17-04-2023)

Thread Information