Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The Parata Family

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    has ari actor left?
    As usual, nothing has been officially confirmed as yet. However, there has been strong speculation around for a while that Rob/Ari has left. I think there may have been some pictures around that he posted last year that suggested he was back in NZ, which started the rumours. There has also been a number of stories suggesting that he & the writing staff were at loggerheads because he wasn't happy with the way the character was being written after Mia & Chloe arrived on the scene etc etc. If he has gone, I am not sure whether they got to film his departure. As I mentioned in the last post, we haven't seen him since he was taken to remand & didn't get to see his visit with the family last night. So I wonder if we will see him when sentencing takes place...probably not....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (15-02-2022)

mia and chloe's introduction for ari was bad

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (15-02-2022)

Yeah, I had thought this... I am assuming, to increase the mystery over when Chloe will admit what happened... but it's been poorly done, if those previous scenes were Ari's last..

Nowtolove.com.au article (part 1 of the article):

Home and Away: Ari collapses in the middle of his wedding to Mia and Karen continues to stir up drama in Dean's life
    Emotions are running high this week as the Parata family grapple with Ari?s cancer diagnosis.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...mia-dean-71296

Grab the tissues Home And Away fans ? it could be time to farewell another Summer Bay resident.

Emotions are running high this week as the Parata family grapple with Ari's cancer diagnosis. Now, Ari has decided against the radical surgery that could save his life.

After experiencing sharp stabbing pains in prison, Ari (Rob Kipa-Williams) was rushed to hospital with suspected appendicitis.

But what Dr Logan (Harley Bonner) found was of far greater concern: multiple tumours in the abdomen. Ari was facing life in prison, now he faces death.

For Nikau (Kawakawa Fox-Reo), the thought of losing his uncle to jail has been almost unbearable. How will he handle losing him forever?

"That's a confronting reality for Nikau and he would do everything in his power to stop that from happening," Kawakawa tells TV WEEK.

While Tane (Ethan Browne) assures Nikau that not all is lost, Mia (Anna Samson) seeks out hope from Dr Logan.

Treatment plans are few and far between for such an aggressive cancer ? except for a radical surgery to remove the tumours. But to her surprise, Ari refuses.

Mia, Tane and Nikau are stunned. Why wouldn't he fight? Ari, however, explains that a life in prison or in a hospital is now a life he wants.

He's ready to leave on his terms. Plus, he's about to marry the love of his life. It's a day of celebration, not commiseration.

Meanwhile at the Parata household, Felicity (Jacqui Purvis) and Bella (Courtney Miller) wait to hear news of the surprise wedding. Felicity reveals that she doesn't feel worthy of being part of the family.

Tane has invited her into sacred ground. Bella listens before explaining just how deeply Tane cares for Felicity ? he may need her now more than ever.

Back at the hospital, Mia and Ari are ready to wed. The entire family is moved by their vows, making them temporarily forget the dire situation they're in.

But just as quickly, their reality comes crashing down when Ari collapses!

Hang in there, Ari!

DS article:

Home and Away star addresses show exit in tragic storyline
    "I'm gonna miss you."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...i-parata-exit/

Home and Away spoilers follow for Australia-pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Ari Parata actor Rob Kipa-Williams has bid goodbye to the soap following his character's tragic exit storyline.

Airing on Australian screens today (March 7), Ari's final moments came after he was diagnosed with an incredibly rare form of cancer named pseudomyxoma peritonei. Instead of regular and brutal operations, he'd decided to die on his own terms surrounded by family.

Reacting to this devastating turn of events, Kipa-Williams shared some words on Instagram after his character's final scenes aired.

"Thank you to the fans, for all the love and crazy amounts of messages and support. Thank you to all the cast, crew, camera, directors, production, writing, makeup, art department and everyone else in between, that make the wheels spin," he shared.

"This Iconic Ozzie TV show took risks. I'm honoured to have co-created Māori cultural storylines, and will forever be proud of those scenes that made it to screen.. it was true teamwork.. My hope is this opens the door for more diversity.

"Thank you for everything Ariki Wiremu Parata, you taught me a lot. I'm gonna miss you."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CazJeyJp...9-762378764f6d

The star, who has also been seen on-screen battling a deep-sea monster in Jason Statham's The Meg, received loads of love from fans over in the comment section.

"I'm so sad!!! You were amazing on the show! I couldn't stop crying. I wish you all the best!!" one fan wrote, while another added: "The Paratas were the best thing that happened to H&A! You'll be missed Ari."

What a mark he made.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia). Selected classic episodes are available via Amazon Prime Video in the UK.

The Nowtolove.com.au article:

Rob Kipa-Williams farewells Home and Away and reveals his hopes for the show's future
    ''I'm honoured.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...away-ari-71345
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 08-03-2022 at 03:15.

DS article:

Home and Away fans praise touching haka scene after character death
    "Love that you have brought the Maori culture into the show."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...scene-praised/

Home and Away spoilers follow for Australia-pace episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

In honour of their fallen loved one Ari Parata, the likes of his brother Tane, nephew Nikau and other family members performed a traditional Kiwi haka in Home and Away yesterday (March 10).

This isn't the first time one's been aired in the soap, following 2020's groundbreaking tribute to Mikaere Parata, but the emotions it's conjured within the Home and Away fanbase over in Australia shows just how vital such representation is on screen.

Many viewers took to Twitter to praise the scenes, which will air in April on Channel 5 in the UK.

"Omg @homeandaway so sad. I love that you have brought the Maori culture into the show, it's so respectful and beautiful, got chills when they did the Haka. #HomeAndAway #Maori," wrote one person, while another posted that "everything" about Ari's send-off was "beautiful".

"That Haka was AMAZING. Absolute chills" and "Very powerful episodes of Home and Away tonight. Beautiful to see the Māori culture honoured," read another pair of tweets.

Tane and Nikau actors Ethan Browne and Kawakawa Fox-Reo both discussed their characters' powerful Taiaha scenes earlier this year.

"It's something really important to me and it just feels like I'm helping spread awareness about our culture which feels really nice," said the former.

Fox-Reo shared his pride in the Māori heritage, adding that he wants to explore more of his background.

"That's who I am and that's something I'm really proud of but I'm definitely guilty of not maintaining a certain standard that I know I'm capable of, in terms of the language and the tikanga [customary behaviours]," he said.

"I grew up spending a lot of time at the marae [a sacred place], and I'm always open to learning more."

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia). Selected classic episodes are available via Amazon Prime Video in the UK.

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Home and Away: An armed robbery at Salt leaves Tane fighting for his life in a pool of blood
    Can Felicity save him?

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...tane-die-73258

While death and heartbreak are inevitable on Home and Away, it doesn't stop viewers from fearing the worst when it comes to the fate of their favourite characters.

And it seems the latest Summer Bay local to stare death in the face is Tane Parata (Ethan Browne).

In a teaser for Home and Away's explosive upcoming week, Tane is seen fighting for his life in a pool of blood after an armed robbery at Salt.

Tane's devastated girlfriend Felicity (Jacqui Purvis) applies pressure to an apparent gunshot wound on his stomach while frantically calling for help.

The dramatic preview has sent Home and Away fans into a spin, with many concerned Tane will take his last breath.

"Tane is starting to use up his 9 lives? only like 4 left 😮😂" one fan wrote.

The drama unfolds when Mackenzie's (Emily Weir) dealings with PK take a dangerous turn when she finds herself out of money in the illicit poker underworld.

Having declined PK's (Ryan Johnson) indecent proposal to clear her debt in exchange for spending the night with him, Mackenzie is reeling when she realises how close she is to losing everything.

But when Dean (Patrick O'Connor) tells her PK was only lying to get her into bed, an incensed Mackenzie wants only one thing: revenge.

It's not only Mackenzie that PK and his cronies have their eye on though. In the wake of the robbery, Dean is shocked to receive a threat against his son, Jai.

A fearful Dean decides to take matters into his own hands and calls in reinforcements: the River Boys. Just how far will he go to protect his family?

Tune in to Home and Away, Monday to Thursday, 7.00pm on Channel 7 and 7plus.

And:

Home and Away teases life-or-death Tane scenes and return of the River Boys in new trailer
    There's a dramatic week ahead.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...urn-tane-shot/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 12-05-2022 at 23:39.

Nowtolove.com.au article (2nd part of the article):

Tane tries desperately to protect his family

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...ine-tane-74111

In order to get Tex and his thugs off his back and out of his life, Tane will do something he's never done before: work with the police.This week, Tex (Lucas Linehan) sends in a new "employee" to work at the gym. They'll be in charge of the accounts ? which is a front for money laundering.

Tane (Ethan Browne) is helpless to stop it alone, but will do anything to protect his family.

"Tane is extremely protective of the gym, as it's his livelihood ? and, of course, of his family as well," Lucas tells TV WEEK.

"Tex and his gang's presence there threatens both these. And although Tane wants to rip their heads off, he understandably needs to tread carefully."

What Tex doesn't realise is that his girlfriend, policewoman Rose, is already suspicious. After some digging, she realises he's been lying to her and approaches Tane for the truth.

Together, they hatch a plan to stop them ? it'll be risky, but if they succeed, everyone will be safe from their reign of terror.

The following day, Rose keeps up appearances and greets Tex warmly.

"Tex is used to living a double life by this point, but he believes Rose is falling for him," Lucas says. "It's his self-confidence that starts to become his undoing."

Meanwhile, Tane arrives at the bikie headquarters and is grabbed by security immediately. Has he inadvertently created a trap for himself?

DS article:

Home and Away's Nikau Parata to face a new dilemma over Bella Nixon exit
    Is he facing further heartbreak?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...nixon-dilemma/

Home and Away spoilers follow at Australian pace.

Home and Away's Nikau Parata will face a new dilemma over his ex-girlfriend Bella Nixon.

Recent episodes in Australia have seen Nikau cut all ties with Bella, believing that he was protecting her.

When Bella left Summer Bay to work in New York for a few months, she always intended to make a return.

However, when the Parata family and their loved ones were threatened by a dangerous biker gang, Nikau broke up with Bella over the phone so that she wouldn't return and find herself in the danger zone.

Since Nikau made his difficult decision, the biker danger has subsided for his family.

Nikau has struggled without Bella, especially seeing his uncle Tane so happy with Felicity Newman.

In Monday's episode on Channel 7 in Australia, Nikau finally reached breaking point and told Theo Poulos that he was heading to New York to see Bella.

The end-of-episode preview then offered a sneak peek of what's to come, showing that Nikau's impulsive plans won't be supported by Dean Thompson.

Nikau finally confides in Dean about how he only ever broke up with Bella to protect her from the bikies. He now wants to share this information with Bella to see if it makes any difference for their future.

Despite this, Dean thinks that it could be too late for a reunion as Bella is now doing so well in New York.

Dean tells Nikau: "Bella's in a good place, mate. She's finally moving on with her life. If you still want to go to the airport, I'll drive you there myself. But just really think it through first."

Will Nikau have to once again put his own feelings second? It seems likely, with Courtney Miller ? who played Bella ? now a former cast member.

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in September.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (23-08-2022)

I've been watching since Neighbours finished, and it's good to read some old spoilers. Helps a lot with the characters.
    Thanks Pantherboy!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (23-08-2022)

Thread Information