Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Al Chapman (Michael Wildman)

priya seems more into him and a big wedding, is andrea his other lady

So now the Emmerdale writers have decided Al should join the ever growing group of potential murderers in Emmerdale.
    This is fast becoming so unbelievable that it is almost at the point of unwatchable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

Perdita (26-12-2021)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...ast-revisited/

Emmerdale star Michael Wildman has revealed that the show will revisit the backstory of his character Al Chapman as part of his new storyline.

Earlier this week, spoilers were released confirming that Al will give into temptation with Chas Dingle again next week.

Al is currently in a relationship with Kerry Wyatt, while Chas is married to Paddy Dingle.

However, when Chas struggles with the news that her mum Faith is terminally ill, she finds herself bonding with Al, who has attended his stepfather's funeral.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media about why Al is able to relate to Chas, Michael explained: "We touched on it in the lockdown episodes about Al's upbringing, although at the time even I didn't know if that was true or not. But it seems like it is true.

"Al's stepfather has now died and he struggles with that, only because there's a lot of questions that he would've wanted to ask, which he now doesn't get a chance to do. At this stage Al is in limbo and he's lost. That's basically how him and Chas connect at this moment in time.

"They have connected a few times before, so I don't think it's too much of a shock that the two of them can hold a conversation, even given what's gone on previously ? all the stuff with The Woolpack.

"It wasn't a huge surprise to me that they find each other and talk this out."

He continued: "I think their relationship is quite a mature one. Whatever it is, it's always dealing with life. We did this before, when the two characters went off and had the picnic and talked about life ? that's what they do.

"I'm not saying they could be absolute partners, but they can certainly be friends because they actually connect on that level. Al doesn't lack empathy ? you do see remorse, and guilt and understanding."

Michael also spoke about the likelihood that Chas is just using Al for escapism at a difficult time.

Related: Emmerdale's Dingle family to clash over Faith's cancer treatment

He said: "Al is cunning enough to know what's going on, but at the same time, he would never admit that. He'll always want to be the alpha male in whatever situation he's in.

"So he would never admit to that, but he's not stupid enough to not know what's going on."

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...ast-revisited/

Emmerdale star Michael Wildman has revealed that the show will revisit the backstory of his character Al Chapman as part of his new storyline.

Earlier this week, spoilers were released confirming that Al will give into temptation with Chas Dingle again next week.

Al is currently in a relationship with Kerry Wyatt, while Chas is married to Paddy Dingle.

However, when Chas struggles with the news that her mum Faith is terminally ill, she finds herself bonding with Al, who has attended his stepfather's funeral.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media about why Al is able to relate to Chas, Michael explained: "We touched on it in the lockdown episodes about Al's upbringing, although at the time even I didn't know if that was true or not. But it seems like it is true.

"Al's stepfather has now died and he struggles with that, only because there's a lot of questions that he would've wanted to ask, which he now doesn't get a chance to do. At this stage Al is in limbo and he's lost. That's basically how him and Chas connect at this moment in time.

"They have connected a few times before, so I don't think it's too much of a shock that the two of them can hold a conversation, even given what's gone on previously ? all the stuff with The Woolpack.

"It wasn't a huge surprise to me that they find each other and talk this out."

He continued: "I think their relationship is quite a mature one. Whatever it is, it's always dealing with life. We did this before, when the two characters went off and had the picnic and talked about life ? that's what they do.

"I'm not saying they could be absolute partners, but they can certainly be friends because they actually connect on that level. Al doesn't lack empathy ? you do see remorse, and guilt and understanding."

Michael also spoke about the likelihood that Chas is just using Al for escapism at a difficult time.

Related: Emmerdale's Dingle family to clash over Faith's cancer treatment

He said: "Al is cunning enough to know what's going on, but at the same time, he would never admit that. He'll always want to be the alpha male in whatever situation he's in.

"So he would never admit to that, but he's not stupid enough to not know what's going on."
    Be very happy to see the back of him

6. The Following User Says Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

Perdita (17-06-2022)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (15-08-2022), lizann (15-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Good riddance.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

lizann (15-08-2022), Perdita (27-10-2022)

if he is killed off over the affair, stupid, just let him leave he should have ellis did

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    if he is killed off over the affair, stupid, just let him leave he should have ellis did
    I don't care how he leaves just as long as he does and never comes back. Totally useless character.

Quote Originally Posted by johntrevor View Post
    I don't care how he leaves just as long as he does and never comes back. Totally useless character.
    he is one of many useless, but storm will probably only take minor character(s), he might die a hero saving someone

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (16-08-2022), Perdita (15-08-2022)

Al?s death confirmed as Michael Wildman quits Emmerdale after three years? Al Chapman could be set to meet a shocking end in Emmerdale, in the wake of Michael Wildman quitting his role after three years. The actor, who portrays Al Chapman on the ITV soap, will bow out in upcoming scenes in a bid to pursue other acting opportunities

Thread Information