Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgie Stone - MacKenzie

Mackenize finding her father....surely not another Paul lovechild?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy View Post
    Digital Spy article:

Neighbours to explore transphobia as Mackenzie Hargreaves' past is revealed
    Can Yashvi and Mackenzie make up?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...shvi-rebecchi/

Neighbours is to explore the issue of transphobia as Mackenzie Hargreaves' past is revealed.

The soap has recently welcomed its first ever transgender character in the form of Mackenzie, and it will also tackle transphobia over the coming weeks when Yashvi makes an ignorant comment at her expense.

It comes after Yashvi remarks that her new friend Mackenzie "used to be a boy", unaware that this is a false and deeply offensive thing to say.

The drama begins when Yashvi and Mackenzie become friends and Mackenzie starts to open up about trans issues, only for someone to overhear them talking.

After mistakenly believing Harlow was the person to overhear them, the girls soon identify school bully Richie as the eavesdropper.

Looking to defend her friend, Yashvi confronts Richie, warning him to keep his mouth shut and yelling that he shouldn't care if Mackenzie "used to be a boy".

Their argument quickly attracts an audience of students and Mackenzie is horrified – not only because Yashvi has outed her, but also because she has proven she doesn't get who Mackenzie is at all.

Eventually, the pair make up, although Mackenzie still feels deeply wounded by the incident and the feeling that her friend doesn't really understand her.

Things are worsened further when parents, spearheaded by Angela Lane, start calling the school to air their concerns about Mackenzie.

Can their budding friendship recover?

Neighbours airs weekdays on Channel 5.
    "Used to be a boy" isn't false...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CuriousCase For This Useful Post:

courseiam (04-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousCase View Post
    "Used to be a boy" isn't false...
    Let's not do this, please. You don't have to agree with it, just be quiet and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
    Mackenize finding her father....surely not another Paul lovechild?
    More likely that Shane would be her father, but the spoilers stated he denies ever having an affair.

I don't see how used to be a boy is offensive. She did used to be a boy and still is if she has not fully transitioned. I get that gender is on a spectrum but sex is not, you are either male (have a penis) or female (have a vagina) so yes if she had a penis and no longer does she used to be a boy in terms of sex. I wish soaps wouldn't get involved in this **** because sometimes they preach false truths. Gender/sex are not the same thing. Yashvi is right she did "used to be a boy". My ex girlfriend (still a close friend of mine) identifies as a man now but that doesn't mean he was ever my ex boyfriend.

Also as stated early Transgenderism is not a mental illness, however to transition to being transgender you have to have gender disphoria which is a mental illness.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Black_fence For This Useful Post:

CuriousCase (05-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Black_fence View Post
    I don't see how used to be a boy is offensive. She did used to be a boy and still is if she has not fully transitioned. I get that gender is on a spectrum but sex is not, you are either male (have a penis) or female (have a vagina) so yes if she had a penis and no longer does she used to be a boy in terms of sex. I wish soaps wouldn't get involved in this **** because sometimes they preach false truths. Gender/sex are not the same thing. Yashvi is right she did "used to be a boy". My ex girlfriend (still a close friend of mine) identifies as a man now but that doesn't mean he was ever my ex boyfriend.

Also as stated early Transgenderism is not a mental illness, however to transition to being transgender you have to have gender disphoria which is a mental illness.
    The phrasing is wrong because it suggests that at some point Mackenzie decided to ‘become a girl’ whereas she probably always felt like a girl trapped in a boy’s body. It’s not that it’s incorrect but it’s insensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tayfanatic For This Useful Post:

Kyzaah (05-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by tayfanatic View Post
    The phrasing is wrong because it suggests that at some point Mackenzie decided to ‘become a girl’ whereas she probably always felt like a girl trapped in a boy’s body. It’s not that it’s incorrect but it’s insensitive.

Truth hurts sometimes. Embrace it, everyone already knows anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousCase View Post
    Truth hurts sometimes. Embrace it, everyone already knows anyway.
    Transgender people have the same right to respect and dignity as anyone else, you don’t have to ‘agree’ with it but they’re not hurting anyone so there should be no issue here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tayfanatic For This Useful Post:

Kyzaah (05-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by tayfanatic View Post
    Transgender people have the same right to respect and dignity as anyone else, you don’t have to ‘agree’ with it but they’re not hurting anyone so there should be no issue here.

Yes she has probably considered herself a girl if not biologically then spiritually. Perhaps there are male and female souls? Regardless not something I would label as a mental illness rather sensing a mismatch between soul and body

The mental illness is gender dysphoria, being transgender is your gender identity. Gender and sex are different and an identity has absolutely nothing to do with what’s in your pants. That’s your business, no one else’s.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyzaah For This Useful Post:

tayfanatic (05-09-2019)

Thread Information