Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evelyn Plummer (Maureen Lipman)

Maureen Lipman has been made a dame in the delayed 2020 Birthday Honours List.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (10-10-2020), mysangry (10-10-2020), Perdita (10-10-2020), tammyy2j (29-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Maureen Lipman has been made a dame in the delayed 2020 Birthday Honours List.
    Well deserved!! Congratulations Maureen

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

mysangry (10-10-2020)

Last edited by Perdita; 29-11-2020 at 05:05.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

mysangry (30-11-2020), tammyy2j (29-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    her partner died

They should bring Arthur back. It would be nice if it was revealed that Arthur was Tyrone's grandfather.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-07-2022), parkerman (19-07-2022)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-evelyn-break/

Coronation Street star Dame Maureen Lipman is set to take a brief break from the soap later this year.

The actress has played the role of Evelyn Plummer on the cobbles since 2018, and did take a brief break last year to star in a one-woman play called Rose.

A source has now confirmed to Digital Spy that Lipman will be taking another four-week break later this year, with the actress set to bring Rose to the West End.

The news comes after Lipman confirmed last summer that she had signed a year-long extension contract with Coronation Street.

"I won't hear a word against it. It's full of quite exceptional actors working with very little rehearsal, very little direction," she told Reader's Digest at the time.

"Am I envious of some of my peers? Sometimes, yes. Do I have the right to be? Of course not. Would I like to be in Sex Education? Yes, of course. Am I sorry I've signed up with Corrie for another year? No, I'm not."

As well as her turn on the cobbles, Lipman has been well-known for appearing on Celebrity Gogglebox in recent years, though said she was leaving in December 2021, criticising the editing on the Channel 4 series.

"I went in imagining that they wanted me for my wit and my brain," she later explained to Radio Times. "Of course, they just want to show you willies and for you to be shocked.

"Honestly, we were really funny together, but none of that was used. And if they don't want to use what we gave them, f**k them."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...lummer-danger/

Coronation Street has announced Evelyn Plummer's next storyline, as she finds herself in danger after a confrontation with a stranger.

The ITV show will be delving deeper into Evelyn's relationship with her troubled daughter Cassie as the new plot brings them closer together.

Viewers will see the story begin shortly before Christmas, as Evelyn confronts a man for mistreating his dog.

The clash has unexpected consequences, setting off a major chain of events.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media in a recent press call, Coronation Street's producer Iain MacLeod commented: "We thought: 'What do the viewers love?' Essentially, we whittled the list down to 'they love Evelyn' and 'they love dogs', because who doesn't love dogs? We thought: 'Let's do a story about that'.

"It ends up in quite serious territory. But to start with, Evelyn makes herself a bit of an enemy in the shape of a fella that she sees mistreating his dog. It starts with that relatively small moment, where they cross paths at the precinct and some cross words are exchanged.

"It goes from there to a situation that ends up with court appearances, trips to the hospital and really quite serious danger for both Evelyn and Cassie."

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

Former Brookside star Claire Sweeney made her first appearance as Cassie in June.

Cassie has bonded with her son Tyrone in recent months, but her relationship with Evelyn has often appeared frosty.

MacLeod continued: "It's a chance to explore more of Evelyn's relationship with Cassie, which since Cassie was a teenager has been very bad tempered and with lots of estrangement.

"They find themselves on the same team, for the most part, in this story. Cassie takes things too far, which causes some serious strife for Evelyn. That threatens to set their relationship back again.

tyrone dobbs evelyn plummmer cassie plumber coronation street
    ITV
    Related: Coronation Street star Matt Milburn returning for Tommy Orpington Christmas storyline

"But by the end of it all, they've achieved a new level of equilibrium and a new understanding of each other. To some extent, they've got to know each other as grown-ups for the first time. So there's lots going on in that.

"It starts off with this relatively innocuous seeming exchange, with Evelyn and Roy taking on this man about how he's treating his dog. Then suddenly you find yourself in the midst of this really serious story.

"I love stories like that ? that start off with an acorn of something and suddenly you've got this forest of bad outcomes for all our favourite characters."

Thread Information