Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Geoff Metcalfe

Coronation Street villain Geoff Metcalfe tries to manipulate a jury next week as Yasmeen's trial begins.

Geoff (Ian Bartholomew) is determined to make sure that his estranged wife suffers further as she stands accused of attempted murder in tense scenes.

Viewers saw Yasmeen (Shelley King) lash out at Geoff in self-defence earlier this year after he'd tormented her with months of abuse.

When evil Geoff gets his chance to give evidence next week, he plays up to the jury and claims that Yasmeen subjected him to a vicious, nasty and unprovoked attack. He also lies that Yasmeen is a violent alcoholic.

Fortunately, Imran Habeeb (Charlie de Melo) is on hand to cross-examine Geoff and give the true version of events.

Imran also questions Yasmeen, allowing her an opportunity to explain how Geoff was a controlling bully throughout their marriage.

The jury is shown the video footage which proves Geoff's abusive behaviour. For the first time, Geoff starts to look uneasy as it's clear that things may not be going his way.

Yasmeen bravely recalls Geoff's coercive and cruel behaviour, before explaining what really happened on the night of the bottle incident.

The prosecution barrister proves to be a formidable opponent, taking apart Yasmeen's version of events piece by piece.

Later in the week, Yasmeen's granddaughter Alya Nazir (Sair Khan) also provides evidence and faces a grilling of her own from the prosecution.

Geoff's daughter-in-law Sally (Sally Dynevor) gives testimony in support of Yasmeen too, but the prosecution dismisses her claims as hearsay.

Yasmeen and her loved ones are left on tenterhooks in the aftermath of the court drama, knowing that the trial could still go either way.

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Wednesday, December 2 and Friday, December 4 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

I am not looking forward to Alya giving evidence as she will start shouting at the barrister which she should not

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-11-2020)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street villain Geoff Metcalfe tries to manipulate a jury next week as Yasmeen's trial begins.

Geoff (Ian Bartholomew) is determined to make sure that his estranged wife suffers further as she stands accused of attempted murder in tense scenes.

Viewers saw Yasmeen (Shelley King) lash out at Geoff in self-defence earlier this year after he'd tormented her with months of abuse.

When evil Geoff gets his chance to give evidence next week, he plays up to the jury and claims that Yasmeen subjected him to a vicious, nasty and unprovoked attack. He also lies that Yasmeen is a violent alcoholic.

Fortunately, Imran Habeeb (Charlie de Melo) is on hand to cross-examine Geoff and give the true version of events.

Imran also questions Yasmeen, allowing her an opportunity to explain how Geoff was a controlling bully throughout their marriage.

The jury is shown the video footage which proves Geoff's abusive behaviour. For the first time, Geoff starts to look uneasy as it's clear that things may not be going his way.

Yasmeen bravely recalls Geoff's coercive and cruel behaviour, before explaining what really happened on the night of the bottle incident.

The prosecution barrister proves to be a formidable opponent, taking apart Yasmeen's version of events piece by piece.

Later in the week, Yasmeen's granddaughter Alya Nazir (Sair Khan) also provides evidence and faces a grilling of her own from the prosecution.

Geoff's daughter-in-law Sally (Sally Dynevor) gives testimony in support of Yasmeen too, but the prosecution dismisses her claims as hearsay.

Yasmeen and her loved ones are left on tenterhooks in the aftermath of the court drama, knowing that the trial could still go either way.

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Wednesday, December 2 and Friday, December 4 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Digital Spy

I am not looking forward to Alya giving evidence as she will start shouting at the barrister which she should not
    If Yasmin is aquitted, Geoff will still leave unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    If Yasmin is aquitted, Geoff will still leave unpunished.
    This is true, but if Yasmeen is acquitted because of Geoff's abusive behaviour and provocation (which is really the only grounds she can be acquitted on), the police ought to start an investigation into Geoff....oh, what am I saying? This is the Weatherfield police.....

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Brucie (02-12-2020), lizann (28-11-2020), Perdita (24-11-2020), Ruffed_lemur (26-11-2020), tammyy2j (29-11-2020)

Geoff

I believe they will kill him off as makes easy for Yasmin to keep house and stay on street

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I believe they will kill him off as makes easy for Yasmin to keep house and stay on street
    a fire, stand off fight with alya is what is mentioned about geoff dying

I do not think that Geoff will be killed ... producer has promised that he will get his comeuppance and killing him would not send the right message to other DV victims

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Brucie (02-12-2020), parkerman (28-11-2020), tammyy2j (29-11-2020)

A solution to Geoff's demise?

I do not think that Geoff will be killed ... producer has promised that he will get his comeuppance and killing him would not send the right message to other DV victims
    Well, where is Elaine, apparently in some sort of institution?
    Maybe she will be released and attacks him and he dies, she gets away with on grounds of diminished responsibility🤞

I hope you're right, Perdy. Killing him would be a real cop out. We need to see him tried, found guilty and packed off to an Institution at Her Majesty's pleasure.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Brucie (02-12-2020), Perdita (29-11-2020), tammyy2j (29-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mysangry View Post
    Well, where is Elaine, apparently in some sort of institution?
    Maybe she will be released and attacks him and he dies, she gets away with on grounds of diminished responsibility🤞
    I read that she is in a mental hospital due to Geoff frightening her so much. I do not think she will attack him but that she will turn up in court at the last minute just as Geoff thinks he has won and will turn the table on him. I am confident, going by what the producer has said and even Ian Bartholemew, that there will be a justified outcome for abusers like him

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (29-11-2020), Ruffed_lemur (30-11-2020), tammyy2j (29-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I hope you're right, Perdy. Killing him would be a real cop out. We need to see him tried, found guilty and packed off to an Institution at Her Majesty's pleasure.
    I would be quite happy with him dying slowly and pasinfully

Thread Information