Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emma Brooker (Alexandra Mardell)

Coronation Street's Emma Brooker is set to find love in the New Year as part of a "massive" storyline.

Speaking to The Sun, Corrie boss Iain MacLeod teased the new storyline for Emma (played by Alexandra Mardell), saying she's "going to get the man of her dreams" in upcoming episodes.

"There?s what I think will be a really brilliant storyline for Emma but I can?t talk about it in a lot of detail without giving it away," he said.

"There?s a massive new love story for Emma. Emma wants her prince charming and she?s going to get her wish, but it?s going to be a very interesting version of her wish.

"She?s going to get the man of her dreams."

Emma has previously been pretty unlucky in love, first falling for David Platt when she arrived on the cobbles.

She then fell for Chesney Brown, before realising that Gemma Winter was the person he was meant to be with.

Emma later started a romance with Seb Franklin but things were severely complicated due to the arrival of his ex, Alina Pop.

Earlier this month, Alexandra reflected on her two years spent playing Emma on the cobbles and admitted she hopes there's still plenty of juicy storylines to come for her character.

"I love playing Emma. I'd not done much comedy so I was a bit worried about her silly ways but I've really enjoyed it," she said in an interview with The Mirror.

"She has the best of both worlds now ? sometimes she's comedy, sometimes it's tragedy."

Making it clear that she has no plans to leave the cobbles anytime soon, she added: "I am hoping there's many more years for me and more to come from Emma."

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (14-12-2020)

Emma Brooker meets a handsome doctor in upcoming scenes, after it was revealed at the end of 2020 that she was heading for a romance storyline.

But Steve McDonald is less than impressed when he realises he recognises the trainee doctor, named Curtis who gets a job in the Bistro.

Emma is delighted when a good looking young man offers to help her move some barrels into the cellar, but Steve is furious when he spots her having a drink with Curtis, the hooligan who knocked him off his bike - causing him to come last in the charity fundraiser.

When Amy tentatively suggests that he is becoming a bit obsessed with his fundraising and worries he is heading for another breakdown, Steve realises she has a point.

Online speculation she is pregnant and the baby might have the same heart condition as Curtis ......

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Online speculation she is pregnant and the baby might have the same heart condition as Curtis ......
    Can we expect a weepie death for Curtis after his baby's birth

is emma leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is emma leaving?
    Yes, been confirmed

Yes, been confirmed
    Alexandra Mardell has quit her role of Emma Brooker and will film her exit scenes later this month. Her exit will air on screen in April

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (09-02-2022)

Will she get blamed for Ted's death and go to prison ?

Will she get blamed for Ted's death and go to prison ?
    faye hit him with the car not emma though

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    faye hit him with the car not emma though
    Emma is responsible for a learner driver though, and under the influence of alcohol.

Thread Information