Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emma Brooker (Alexandra Mardell)

Exclamation Emma Brooker (Alexandra Mardell)

Coronation Street boss Kate Oates has revealed that two new female characters are heading to the cobbles this Spring.

First up is Emma Brooker, a trainee hairdresser who starts an apprenticeship at the salon. She’s played by Alexandra Mardell, who had a guest role in the Brenda Blethyn crime drama, Vera, last year.

She’ll be followed by a character called Kayla, played by Mollie Winnard – who has previously starred in the Kay Mellor drama Love, Lies and Records.

“Kayla will be working in Speed Daal (Zeedan Nazir’s new restaurant),” reveals Corrie producer, Kate Oates. “She’s going to be causing trouble for Bethany and Craig…”

Meanwhile, show bosses have also confirmed the return of two old faces to the Street in the Summer. Nigel Havers will be reprising his role as dastardly Lewis Archer – the conman who famously swindled Gail Platt in 2013, before fleeing to Belize.

Read more at http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/coronatio...El6hJfKWfVK.99

Coronation Street: hairdresser Emma is staying – actress Alexandra Mardell is given new contract
    Upcoming drama for Emma will see her caught in the crossfire when war breaks out at the salon as rival stylist Claudia tries to pinch Maria out from under Audrey’s nose. So whose side will Emma be on? “She doesn’t want to take sides, but she can see that Audrey is clinging on for dear life. Emma is just trying to keep the peace as much as possible.

“But it’s great for me because I got to share a scene with Rula Lenska, who’s a legend. It doesn’t come much better than being in a scene with both her and Sue. I’m being spoilt.”

And as for life away from Audrey’s, Emma will receive romantic attention from Seb Franklin, with viewers set to wonder whether he’ll reveal all about his recent HIV diagnosis. “I think she’d be very open-minded if she were to find out. But she probably wouldn’t understand it fully – that could be more of an issue! There are certainly lots of complications when it comes to Seb – Faye’s still interested in him, for a start.” #coronationstreet #corrie

Online chat is that Emma is the daughter of Fiona Middleton and Steve ...

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Online chat is that Emma is the daughter of Fiona Middleton and Steve ...
    I would welcome that if it means Fiona returning

She could be Jim's daughter also, as he slept with Fiona too

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (27-06-2018), Perdita (27-06-2018)

Jim McDonald is supposed to be returning, could it be another parent/child reunion?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcoastsoap For This Useful Post:

lizann (27-06-2018)

is she living now with billy?

Coronation Street actress Alexandra Mardell has weighed in on a huge fan theory regarding her character Emma Brooker.

Apprentice hairdresser Emma arrived on the cobbles earlier this year and had a brief fling with David Platt (Jack P Shepherd) as part of his sexual assault storyline, but since her first episode Corrie fans have been convinced that Emma is actually Fiona Middleton's (Angela Griffin) secret daughter.

Griffin played Fiona on the show for six years between 1992 and 1998, during which time the hairdresser had an ill-fated affair with Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) – which, according to some viewers, led to Emma:

Roberto Diniro
    @shortassgay
    Emma could that be Steves daughter of Fiona #corrie @itvcorrie

9:13 PM - Jul 2, 2018 · Chesterfield, England
    See Roberto Diniro's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Mrs McDonnelly
    @AntandDecfan93
    #corrie is it me? Or does Emma look like a young Fiona? Xx

9:03 PM - Apr 25, 2018
    See Mrs McDonnelly's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    But, Mardell has now responded to the theory and she has completely shot it down. Sorry to burst your bubble, everyone.

"I've heard the Fiona and Steve's daughter theory, but that's definitely not true," Mardell explained to The Sun. "She's just come to the Street to work at Audrey's as an apprentice and learn as much as she can.

"She's independent and was living with friends before arriving but she is still in contact with her mum but just doing it for herself at the minute at the Salon."

Josh Tucker winds up David Platt about Emma Brooker in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    But while Emma may not be Fiona's secret love child, actress Mardell did confirm that she knows Angela Griffin and that the two of them shared a laugh about the theories doing the rounds.

"I did have a little chat and a joke with Angela Griffin about it and that was quite funny," she added.

Stephanie Davis, Shane Richie, Catherine Tyldesley, Soap Comp
    RELATED ARTICLE
    Soap Movers: Who's quitting and returning?
    Emma has made such a splash on the cobbles that soap bosses recently extended Alexandra Mardell's contract for another six months, meaning Emma will be on Corrie for the foreseeable future.

"It's great to know that I'm going to be sticking around for a bit longer," Alexandra said. "I'm so pleased."

Digital Spy

in the factory to be killed off?

is her dead "dad" alan the copper?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is her dead "dad" alan the copper?
    Yes, I think so

Thread Information