Thread: Oliver and Scarlett Morgan

Exclamation Oliver and Scarlett Morgan

Hollyoaks bosses have cast soap newcomer Aedan Duckworth as Luke Morgan's secret son Oliver.

Oliver will join the Channel 4 show in dramatic circumstances in January – turning up with his mum Scarlett, played by Footballers' Wives star Susie Amy.

Back in October, a huge Hollyoaks twist saw Luke confide in his old friend Darren Osborne about how he has a secret wife and son.

Scarlett disappeared with Oliver over eight years ago, fearing for her boy's safety due to Luke's drinking and erratic behaviour.

Luke is now getting his life back on track after reuniting with his old flame Mandy Richardson. With Mandy due to propose soon, there's even a possible engagement on the cards for the couple.

If Luke does agree to marry Mandy, he'll no doubt want to get in touch with Scarlett to arrange their divorce – can he track her down before he becomes a bigamist?

A Hollyoaks insider told Digital Spy: "Show bosses are staying tight-lipped about how Scarlett and Oliver come to be in the village, but with Oliver now a teenager, he's sure to want answers from his dad.

"Can Luke keep them away from Mandy, or will their arrival be the final straw for their relationship?"

Aedan was recruited as a new regular for Hollyoaks after being scouted as part of a Lime Pictures casting initiative.

He said today: "I started two weeks ago and it was in at the deep end – I had to spend my whole second day crying! It has been fantastic working with Gary Lucy and Susie Amy and I am looking forward getting to work with more of the cast and settling in properly next year."

Susie Amy previously starred alongside Gary Lucy in Footballers' Wives, on which they played married couple Chardonnay and Kyle. Who'd have thought they'd become an on-screen couple again all these years later?

Susie Amy as Scarlett in Hollyoaks
    © LIME PICTURES

Aedan Duckworth as Oliver in Hollyoaks
    © LIME PICTURES

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (06-12-2017)

Luke's son looks old, I thought he was only around 10

Hollyoaks bosses are planning a sexual abuse storyline for show newcomers Ollie Morgan and Buster Smith.

A dark new plot will see football coach Buster abuse his position of power to groom Ollie, who was introduced as Luke Morgan's teenage son two months ago.

Over the next few weeks, viewers will see Ollie start to confide in Buster about the struggles he's facing while adjusting to his new life in the village with Luke (Gary Lucy).

Ollie is initially unaware of Buster's sinister intentions, but their early scenes pave the way for an emotional and challenging story ahead.

Oliver Morgan gets involved in Buster's football training in Hollyoaks
    © LIME PICTURES

Hollyoaks fans saw Buster (Nathan Sussex) make his debut a few weeks ago as the father of Damon Kinsella.

Damon's best friend Brody Hudson (Adam Woodward) reacted with hostility to his arrival, which was an early hint to Buster's dark side.

The Hollyoaks team have been working closely with the Survivors Manchester charity while creating this storyline. The charity previously consulted on John Paul McQueen's male rape story in 2014.

Aedan Duckworth, who plays Ollie, explained: "It's a privilege to have been given this challenging storyline for Ollie. To ensure I accurately depict Ollie's situation, I have had guidance from Survivors Manchester, and support and advice from Gary Lucy during the filming process.

"I hope to continue to raise awareness around this subject and encourage those who may have found themselves in a similar situation, to reach out and seek the support they deserve."

Oliver Morgan gets involved in Buster's football training in Hollyoaks
    © LIME PICTURES

Survivors Manchester founder Duncan Craig added: "It is once again an absolute pleasure to be working with Hollyoaks on another hugely important storyline that is so topical and relevant.

"Working with producers, researchers, scriptwriters and the cast, we have been able to develop a story that is rooted firmly in the present day and will show the intricacies of grooming and the difficulty in speaking out as a young male.

"The team at Hollyoaks has again 100% committed to working with us to ensuring the male survivor sat at home watching the story will feel he is understood. As a survivor-led organisation, this is important part of this work."

Hollyoaks will launch the story on April 16 on E4, as Buster starts to get close to Ollie and Brody confides in Luke's ex-wife Scarlett about his own past.

Digital Spy

ollie recast

suzy returning as scarlett

Thread Information