Hollyoaks bosses are expanding the Maalik family even further with a brand new character.

Rishi Nair has joined the soap's cast and will be playing the role of Sami Maalik, who's the half-brother of Yasmine and Farrah and stepson of Misbah.

Sami is the eldest sibling from the Maalik family and Hollyoaks chiefs are billing him as suave and charming.

The new arrival comes to the village to reunite with his family and to get a job at James Nightingale's law firm, but viewers will soon discover that there's an ulterior motive behind his hunt for work.

Speaking about his new role, Rishi revealed: "I am really excited to be joining Hollyoaks and everyone has been so welcoming and lovely since the moment I have arrived.

"I can't wait for everyone to see Sami on screen and see him reunite with the Maalik family."

The Maalik clan have been given a slow-burn introduction over the past few months, with Yasmine making her debut in April, Misbah arriving in May and Farrah following in their footsteps in June.

Rishi's previous acting credits include roles in BBC One's New Tricks and the stage adaptation of The Jungle Book.

Rishi Nair as Sami Maalik in Hollyoaks
© LIME PICTURES

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

I am going to have to start watching HO