Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Jasmine Delaney (Sam Frost)

Wonder if they will say she?s visiting tori and grace in London.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (04-11-2021)

The Sydney Daily Telegraph is now reporting that Sam Frost (Jasmine) has decided to quit H&A & films her last scenes on Friday (it is a subscriber only article so I can't include the link):

Sam Frost quits TV soap Home and Away after vaccine drama
    Home and Away hottie Sam Frost is leaving Summer Bay and returning to Melbourne after copping a severe backlash over her controversial vaccination views.

Could Sam Frost be heading to Port Phillip Bay with news the reality-star-turned-actor is leaving Summer Bay?

The actor and former Bachelorette is returning to live in Melbourne after quitting TV soap Home and Away.

After a controversial time when she copped severe backlash after airing her vaccination views, it?s believed Frost wants to be closer to family and friends in Victoria.

She will film her final scenes on the production at Sydney?s Eveleigh Studios on Friday.

The news comes just a few weeks after Frost had announced she would finish off the year before being vaccinated.

In October, Frost announced she would be having the jab after sparking outrage when revealing on social media that she was holding off on the Covid vaccine and compared public backlash to those unvaccinated as ?segregation?.

She subsequently said she would be having a medical procedure in January and would not be fully vaccinated until mid to late February, when she previously indicated she would return to the show.

Employer Channel 7 gave staff a deadline of early November to make a decision on their vaccination status.

Initially it was planned for Frost to be temporarily written out of the flagship soap due to Seven?s vaccine mandate and to give her time to get double vaxxed.

The 32-year-old had played Jasmine Delaney on the television drama since 2017 and was nominated for a Logie Award for Most Popular New Talent the following year.

She rose to national fame as winner of the second season of The Bachelor Australia in 2014 and appeared as The Bachelorette in 2015.

Frost meanwhile has told friends and family she is looking for places to live in her hometown of Melbourne, which is where her most recent ex, Jay Bruno, has returned.

The pair were living together in Frost?s Sydney apartment but Bruno, who is believed to be on the new series of Australian Survivor, abruptly moved back to Melbourne last month when the short-lived romance ended.

And:

Sam Frost 'QUITS Home and Away over vaccine mandate and will film her last scenes tomorrow before moving to Melbourne'... after comparing Covid rules to 'segregation' in tearful rant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Covid-jab.html

Sam Frost parties after quitting Home and Away over vaccination mandate
    Sam Frost was out celebrating with a co-star, hours after news broke she was quitting Home and Away.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...6cd6e4243342be

Sam Frost 'quits' Home and Away after Covid vaccine saga

https://au.yahoo.com/lifestyle/sam-f...081836882.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 16-12-2021 at 21:14.

Nowtolove.com.au article (including Ch7's statement re Sam leaving):

Sam Frost leaves Home and Away for good following COVID vaccine controversy
    Sam's four-year stint on the soap has come to an end.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...and-away-70378

Two months after making national headlines for announcing she won't be getting the COVID vaccine, Sam Frost has left her role on Home and Away.

Sam's last day on the Home and Away set will be today at Sydney's Eveleigh Studios, where she will film her final scenes as Jasmine Delaney.

In a statement to TV WEEK, Channel Seven said: "We support and respect Sam's decision to leave Home and Away. Sam leaves with our sincere thanks and very best wishes for the future."

The network said Sam's departure is "not related to Seven Productions vaccination policy."

"Sam's previous social media post noted that she intends to be vaccinated following a medical procedure in January 2022. This timeline was mutually agreed to and accommodated by Home and Away's production schedule," a spokesperson told TV WEEK.

In October, Sam posted an emotional video to Instagram announcing that she made the decision not to receive the COVID jab - which threw her future on the soap into question.

A month later, Channel Seven made COVID vaccinations mandatory, and Sam revealed her character would be "temporarily" written off for a few weeks.

"I will be written off temporarily, Jazzy is going on an off-screen adventure for a few weeks? but I'll be back," she explained at the time.

"My bosses are amazing, we've been in open communication for months. Very grateful we were able to make a plan that works for everyone."

Channel Seven's CEO James Warburton originally said in mid-October that the network had not mandated vaccinations.

However, in the wake of Sam's controversial admission, the network has announced all company employees will need to be double jabbed by January 10.

"To provide the safest possible work environment for cast, crew and presenters, Seven Productions have made the decision to only engage those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, taking effect in January next year," a spokesperson said.

"Seven strongly encourages vaccination to protect our people, their colleagues and their families."

After Sam shared her video where she said that after speaking to "my doctor and my psychologist", she had opted against getting the vaccine, the former reality star faced intense backlash and took a two-week hiatus from Instagram as a result."I was really hesitant about doing a video or even speaking up about this sort of thing," she said in the since-deleted five-minute-long video.

"But I feel like it's getting to a point now in the world where there's a lot of segregation, a lot of harsh judgment, and it's taking its toll on my mental health."

She also suggested it was "none of your damn business" why she or anyone else would choose not to be vaccinated and urged vaccinated people to show the unvaccinated "empathy".

After Sam shared her video where she said that after speaking to "my doctor and my psychologist", she had opted against getting the vaccine, the former reality star faced intense backlash and took a two-week hiatus from Instagram as a result.

Her use of the term "segregation" and vocal decision not to get vaccinated caused a wave of backlash across the internet from fans and fellow celebrities.

And:

Home and Away confirms exit for Sam Frost as Jasmine Delaney
    "We support and respect Sam's decision."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...smine-delaney/

Farewell, Summer Bay: Home and Away's Sam Frost puts on a brave face as she films her last scenes at Palm Beach after 'quitting the show over Covid-19 vaccine mandate'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...alm-Beach.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 17-12-2021 at 20:58.

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Home and Away star Lynne McGranger confirms Sam Frost is now vaccinated against COVID and could return to Summer Bay
    ''It?s very much an open door.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...cgranger-70862

Sam Frost could be returning to Home and Away just weeks after announcing her departure amid an ongoing COVID vaccine saga.

Long-running Summer Bay veteran Lynne McGranger revealed on Monday that Sam has since been double-vaccinated, and would be allowed back on set.

Sam made headlines in December when she parted ways with the soap after Channel 7 made the COVID vaccination mandatory for all cast and crew.

Speaking to Nova's Fitzy and Wippa this morning, Lynne revealed there is potential for the former Bachelorette to make a Home and Away comeback.

"She spoke to me, can I just say the door is not closed, it's very much an open door. Sam needed to be with her family and they are down in Melbourne," Lynne said.

"There was some issues of course with getting vaccinated but I'm here to tell you she is double vaccinated now, possibly boosted as well. She needed to be with her family, but the door is definitely open for her to come back.

"The way that she is currently gone from the bay, there is plenty of room for her to come back and I'm sure, that as we speak, she is in negotiations with the producers."

When asked if Sam left the show for reasons other than the vaccine mandate, Lynne revealed the 32-year-old wanted to move from Sydney to Melbourne to be closer to her family.

"She missed her family, I can't speak for Sam but she really missed her family down in Melbourne and that's where she need to be," Lynne said.

"She's never made a secret of the fact that she does struggle with her anxiety, that is out there and is a great thing to make public, but she needed to be with her family and the producers being clever and smart and certainly compassionate, said 'You go and do what you need to do Sam, the door is open for you to come back and we'd love you to come back'."

Back in October, Sam made a video confessing she had "good reasons" not to get the COVID vaccine but chose to keep them private, then called for "empathy" for people who choose to remain unvaccinated, and said her anxiety had worsened.

"I feel like it's getting to a point now in the world where there's a lot of segregation, a lot of harsh judgment, and it's taking its toll on my mental health," she said in the since-deleted Instagram clip.

A month later, Channel Seven made COVID vaccinations mandatory, and Sam revealed her character Jasmine Delaney would be "temporarily" written off for a few weeks.

"I will be written off temporarily, Jazzy is going on an off-screen adventure for a few weeks? but I'll be back," she explained at the time.

"My bosses are amazing, we've been in open communication for months. Very grateful we were able to make a plan that works for everyone."

Sam then revealed she had a medical procedure booked for January but would be fully vaccinated by February.

"I'm not leaving Home & Away. I've got a medical procedure booked in for January. So I won't be fully vaxxed until mid-late February," she wrote in November.

"I will be written out temporarily, Jazzy is going on an off-screen adventure for a few weeks? but I'll be back."

On December 17, Sam filmed her last scenes on the Home and Away set at Sydney's Eveleigh Studios and announced she would be leaving the soap for good.

In a statement to TV WEEK, Channel Seven said in December: "We support and respect Sam's decision to leave Home and Away. Sam leaves with our sincere thanks and very best wishes for the future."

The network said Sam's departure is "not related to Seven Productions vaccination policy."

"Sam's previous social media post noted that she intends to be vaccinated following a medical procedure in January 2022. This timeline was mutually agreed to and accommodated by Home and Away's production schedule," a spokesperson told TV WEEK.

Now To Love has reached out to Channel Seven for comment on Sam's possible return.

And:

Home and Away star Lynne McGranger claims Sam Frost could return as Jasmine Delaney
    Sam has now been vaccinated against COVID-19.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...return-claims/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 31-01-2022 at 21:03.

DS article:

Home and Away's Jasmine Delaney suffers a new romance setback with Cash Newman
    The couple aren't on the same page.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...mance-setback/

24), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Jasmine Delaney is facing another unexpected hurdle in her relationship with Cash Newman.

Jasmine (Sam Frost) has decided that she wants to take the next step by living with Cash, but it appears that he has very different ideas.

In Thursday's episodes on Channel 7 in Australia, Jasmine received some gentle encouragement from her friend Irene Roberts (Lynne McGranger).

Irene, who rents a room to Jasmine, explained that she had her blessing if she ever wanted Cash (Nicholas Cartwright) to move in.

The comment gave Jasmine food for thought as she reflected on how happy Cash has made her since they started seeing each other.

Jasmine decided to waste no time and, during a cosy moment after dark on the jetty, she asked Cash whether he wanted to move in.

Cash was visibly unsettled by the suggestion and bluntly replied: "I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say no. That isn't really going to work for me."

To make matters worse, Cash rushed off without offering any further explanation.

In next week's episodes in Australia, viewers will discover that Cash turned Jasmine down out of concern for his sister Felicity (Jacqui Purvis), wanting to continue keeping an eye on her at the caravan park.

This revelation won't go down well with Felicity when she finds out that Cash is blaming her for his decision.

In Home and Away's end-of-episode promo for next week, Felicity is seen warning her brother: "You don't want to do something? That's on you. Don't use me as an excuse."

Is there still hope of Jasmine's plans coming to fruition?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in April.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR (UK) and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia). Selected classic episodes are available via Amazon Prime Video in the UK.

DS article:

Home and Away's Jasmine Delaney discusses a long-term future with Cash Newman
    Do they want the same things?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...newman-future/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Thursday's Australian episode (March 17), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Jasmine Delaney has pledged her future to Cash Newman in touching new scenes.

Jasmine (Sam Frost) has faced a rocky road in her romance with Cash, including recently when they couldn't agree on whether to live together or not.

Since then, a nervous Cash (Nicholas Cartwright) has taken the plunge and moved in with Jasmine at Irene Roberts' place ? and conversation is already turning to the next steps for their relationship.

In Thursday's episode on Channel 7 in Australia, Cash was given food for thought when he saw his sister Felicity (Jacqui Purvis) facing challenges in her romance with Tane Parata.

Tane (Ethan Browne) had freaked out Felicity by admitting that, when he considered his future, all he saw was her.

Felicity wasn't used to this level of commitment and started to doubt whether she was ready for a serious relationship.

Cash didn't want his happiness with Jasmine to be spoiled by any similar curveballs, so he headed home and suggested that it was time for a chat about their future.

Pointedly, Cash told Jasmine that he was keen to know whether they were on "the same page".

Fortunately, unlike previous dramas for the couple, it seemed like there was nothing to worry about this time.

Jasmine asked: "You mean marriage, kids, a puppy and a big scary loan from the bank? I want those things. Do you?"

Cash quipped: "I do. Although I am more of a cat person."

The local policeman explained that he'd wanted to ask the question because Jasmine has been married before ? to her late husband Robbo ? and he wasn't sure if she'd want to do it again.

Jasmine clarified: "I wondered if those things were taken off the table for me. But that was before I met you. And then everything changed."

The couple celebrated the news that their future together is looking strong, but with Jasmine due to leave Summer Bay later this year, could there be heartbreak ahead?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in April.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

DS article:

Home and Away reveals Jasmine Delaney's surprising reaction to death news
    A big new storyline begins.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...er-death-news/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Thursday's Australian episode (March 24), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has kicked off Jasmine Delaney's big new storyline with some unexpected news for the popular character.

Thursday's episode in Australia saw Jasmine receive the news that her biological father, who hasn't seen her since she was a young child, had passed away.

Jasmine's boyfriend Cash Newman was responsible for letting her know as part of his police duties.

After learning about the situation during a shift at the police station, Cash came home to tell Jasmine in person.

He explained: "We received a phone call from a solicitor in the city. Jasmine, your father has passed away. Apparently it happened a few weeks ago and they've had a hard time tracking you down."

Cash passed on his condolences but was surprised as Jasmine barely reacted to the news, insisting that she didn't care.

Jasmine pointed out: "I haven't seen my father since he left me at the school gate when I was 6 years old.

"So yeah, it's a shock, I guess. I wish I could say it had more of an impact on me, but it doesn't."

Although Cash tried his best to accept Jasmine's response to the news, he couldn't help worrying that something wasn't quite right.

Cash tipped off Irene Roberts about the situation, asking her to keep a close eye on Jasmine to make sure that she's okay.

The death news marks the beginning of a new storyline for Jasmine, as two long-lost relatives will be joining her in Summer Bay soon.

Previously-announced characters Rose and Xander, played by Kirsty Marillier and Luke Van Os, are Jasmine's secret siblings and will be shaking up life in the Bay.

A synopsis released by the soap teased: "Reeling from the news that her estranged father had a secret other life, Jasmine's world is turned upside down as she struggles to process the arrival of her newfound relatives, writing them off as scam artists.

"But when Jasmine's boyfriend and resident Summer Bay cop, Cash, does some digging it appears the story checks out. Jasmine's recently deceased father not only left her an inheritance, but two secret siblings.

"Rose looks to begin work in the Bay as a police officer and soon develops the hots for a prospective colleague, the only problem is he's dating her new half-sister.

"What brings the two mysterious strangers to Summer Bay? Will Jasmine accept Rose and Xander into her life? Or will she close the door to a family she never knew existed?"

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

Nowtolove.com.au article (2nd part of the article):

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...gan-debt-71617

Jasmine struggles to accept her family

Xander and Rose have arrived in Summer Bay hoping to get to know their half-sister Jasmine (Sam Frost). Problem is, she's not sure she wants to know them.

This week, the trio tread uneasy ground in their efforts to get to know each other. Xander (Luka Van Os) and Rose (Kirsty Marillier) only learned of Jasmine after their father passed away.

"Upon the will reading, Xander finds a name he doesn't recognise, Jasmine Delaney," Luke tells TV WEEK. "Xander comes to the Bay to figure out who this mystery woman is and at the very least give her the money his father left in the will for her."

Jasmine, however, remains skeptical of both her late father's goodwill and her step-siblings true intentions.

Refusing to be scammed, she asks Cash (Nicholas Cartwright) to run a background check on them. Disappointed, Xander suggests they leave town.

It could be all over before its begun.

DS article:

Home and Away's Jasmine Delaney clashes with brother in death plot
    The car crash aftermath continues.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...-xander-clash/

The following article contains discussion of themes including suicide that some readers may find upsetting.

Home and Away spoilers follow from Tuesday's Australian episode (May 17), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Jasmine Delaney has clashed with her long-lost brother Xander for the first time in the fallout from Logan Bennett's crash.

Jasmine recently told Xander that Logan appears to be responsible for a tragic car accident which took place in the Bay, but she swore him to secrecy.

Earlier this month, Logan collided with another vehicle while out on the road. The other driver, Millie, survived the incident but her friend Jo ? who was in one of the passenger seats ? sadly died at the scene.

Police have since been investigating, but they have struggled to secure firm answers as Logan and Millie only have hazy memories of what happened. However, they have privately warned Logan that he's under suspicion of speeding.

Tuesday's episode of Home and Away in Australia featured a dramatic rescue scene as Millie struggled with overwhelming feelings of guilt.

Convinced that she was responsible for Jo's death, an emotional Millie headed out into the sea while fully clothed. With high winds and rough waves, she soon found herself in serious trouble in the water.

Local lifeguard Nikau Parata pulled Millie back to shore, but she wasn't breathing. Fortunately, paramedic Xander was on hand to revive her at the scene.

When Millie started breathing again, she once again expressed her belief that Jo's death was her fault. Xander set the record straight by telling her that the other driver ? Logan ? was to blame and she had nothing to be sorry for.

Xander's honesty angered Jasmine, who had shared this crucial information with him in confidence after speaking privately with Logan.

Jasmine was also concerned that Xander is spending far too much time focusing on Millie since helping her at the crash scene.

Xander protested: "You could see the pain Millie was in, I had to tell her."

Jasmine replied: "You are far too attached Xander, you need to take a step back."

Although Xander pointed out that the truth about the crash was always going to come out, Jasmine told him that he should have waited for the final result of the investigation.

Xander appeared to take heed of Jasmine's warnings and promised to stop involving himself in Millie's situation, but only once she starts reaching out to her family and friends for the help she needs.

Will this be enough to set Jasmine's mind at rest?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in June.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

It was Jasmine's last episode tonight (Thurs) in Aust.

Spoiler Alert!

She leaves to help out Robbo's parents on the farm - supposedly for just a while - after his Mum has had a heart attack (& before she finds out about the Cash & Rose situation):

Nowtolove.com.au article:

As Home and Away prepares to farewell Sam Frost, we look back at her character Jasmine's iconic redemption arch
    The loveable nurse was technically responsible for killing off one of the show's most loved characters - but you wouldn't know it now.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...and-away-64124

When it comes to Home and Away's Jasmine Delaney, you'd be hard pressed to remember a time when we weren't so sure on the Summer Bay local.

But like all characters we've seen come and go on the iconic Aussie soap, the mysterious nurse had some very humble beginnings when she first broke onto our screens back in 2017.

Of course, she caught our attention immediately given the character was played by former Bachelorette Sam Frost, whose acting prowess couldn't be ignored.

But there was something else about Jasmine that's really hit home for the show's loyal viewers - and looking back now, it's easy to see why she so quickly became a fellow legend of The Bay.

asmine first arrived in Summer Bay as one of it's most loved former residents left - in a casket, no less.

And interestingly, the cause of said resident's death, copper Kat Chapman, was a direct result of Jasmine.

Why does Australia love this misunderstood character so much? It all comes down to her likability and iconic redemption arc.

As Home and Away prepares to farewell Sam Frost, we take a look back at her character Jasmine's best storylines.

1 / 20
    Jasmine first appeared on the show in December 2017 when she was the sole driver of a car involved in a collision with resident cop Kat Chapman. Kat died at the scene, while the then unknown Jasmine was rushed to hospital with severe injuries.

2 / 20
    She almost died, and were it not for the show's beloved doctor Tori Morgan, we mightn't have had a narrative for the misunderstood nurse at all.

3 / 20
    The new Summer Bay resident quickly formed friendships, being taken in by long-timer Lea Patterson, who helped her as her back story was finally revealed. Jasmine had been running from a troubled past, which involved an abusive and obsessive boyfriend.

4 / 20
    And thus began one of Jasmine's first Summer Bay flings. Colby, the new cop in town, helps her through the ex-boyfriend stalker ordeal, and the two form a romantic connection. While the pair never get together officially, they attempt a "casual" relationship, before deciding it isn't going to work due to the dangerous nature of Colby's job and the potential for Jasmine to get caught up in it.

6 / 20
    No matter though. Jasmine quickly then forms a relationship with the show's misunderstood "bad boy" Robbo. While there's plenty of to-ing and fro-ing, the pair eventually seal the deal - with Robbo even proposing to Jasmine.

7 / 20
    The pair eventually marry (after a six-month hiatus from Robbo, who gets caught up in a drama with Jasmine's friend Tori, who became pregnant with his baby via IVF)

8 / 20
    Of course, Jasmine has her besties by her side for the big day. Willow remains the nurse's go-to through thick and thin, so you can bet she was front and centre at the wedding.

9 / 20
    Fans might also remember the stunning dress Jasmine wore - one of our favourite gowns of all time throughout the soaps' multi-faceted history of weddings!

10 /20

11 / 20
    When Tori and Robbo's baby, Grace, is born, Jasmine becomes a big part of her life.

12 / 20
    Perhaps too close - as Jasmine hopes to have a baby with Robbo, the Summer Bay resident struggles to detach from baby Grace.

13 / 20
    But before the pair can become a proper family themselves, Robbo dies in a tragic car accident, leaving Sam distraught. Sam spoke about filming the harrowing scenes, telling TVWEEK: "I have goosebumps just talking about this. We shot the scene [when Robbo dies] in one take and had all cameras set up at different angles. Afterwards, I was on the ground crying hysterically ? it felt so real."

14 / 20
    Jasmine continues to struggle with the reality of losing her partner, but later finds out she is carrying his child.

15 / 20
    In May 2020, the Summer Bay beauty was delivered another tragic blow - she miscarried the baby.

16 / 20
    After a tumultuous few months, Jasmine temporarily leaves The Bay to begin a new chapter on the Shaw family farm, which belongs to the family of her late partner Robbo. But she can't avoid the past, and when Colby and Irene make a plea for Jasmine to return to the sandy shores of Summer Bay, she eventually does so.

17 / 20
    When Jasmine found out that her estranged had died, she carried on like everything was fine until her brother showed up at her doorstep and her past quickly caught up with her. Home and Away fans were thrilled to get more insight into Jasmine's life before Summer Bay and it was indeed a family affair.

18 / 20
    When Felicity was in the throes of a meltdown after her brother Cash sent her a mood-altering text, Jasmine was forced to play babysitter and try and calm her down.

19 / 20
    It was the most shocking event of 2021 when a bizarre toxic chemical attack left the lives of several Summer Bay favourites on the line. Jasmine stepped up to try and save Tane's life and others by performing CPR and proved she would do anything it takes to see her fellow peers survive.

20 / 20
    Jasmine's relationship with her half-sister Rose hasn't been an easy one. The blonde beauty couldn't accept that their father treated her sibling with the love she had never received. So, when well-meaning Xander decided to step in and try to help the girls with a volleyball match, things quickly turned ugly on the court. The competitive game kept audiences on the edge of their seats while tensions rose.
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 09-06-2022 at 14:05.

Thread Information