Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Jasmine Delaney (Sam Frost)

from nurse to farmer

And now the DS article on Jasmine's departure:

Home and Away airs abrupt exit story for Jasmine Delaney
    Sam Frost bows out from the soap.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ney-exit-airs/

which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has aired Jasmine Delaney's final scenes on Australian screens.

Sam Frost, who played the role of Jasmine, left the cast in December 2021 but has remained on screen as the soap films its scenes six months in advance of broadcast.

Thursday's triple bill of episodes in Australia saw Jasmine make her final appearance.

In a scene with Alf Stewart and Marilyn Chambers, Jasmine broke some news about the family of her late husband Robbo Shaw.

Robbo's mother Wendy had suffered a heart attack, so Jasmine decided to head out to the Shaws' farm to help out for a while.

Jasmine also shared her plans with her sister Rose Delaney, admitting her disappointment that she was leaving just when they were getting to know each other.

The timing was awkward for Rose, as she'd just spent the night in a car with Jasmine's boyfriend Cash Newman after they'd got drunk together. Cash hadn't wanted to return home drunk to Jasmine.

Although nothing happened between the pair, Rose still felt guilty for how it could have been construed. Things became particularly awkward when an oblivious Jasmine asked Rose to keep an eye on Cash while she was away.

Jasmine also shared a goodbye with Cash, telling him how lucky she was that she'd found him. She did not get a farewell scene with her brother Xander.

Once Jasmine had left, Cash reassured Rose that he didn't say anything about their secret.

Although Rose now wanted to be honest, Cash insisted that their confession could wait until Jasmine got back from the farm.

In reality, there are no known plans for the character of Jasmine to return to Home and Away.

Sam announced plans to take a break from the show last year, giving her time to receive COVID vaccinations. All cast at Home and Away are obliged to be vaccinated due to a rule implemented at the start of the year.

In a change of plans, Sam later announced that her departure would be permanent.

A spokesperson for Channel 7 said in a statement sent to Digital Spy: "We support and respect Sam's decision to leave Home and Away. Sam leaves with our sincere thanks and very best wishes for the future."

Show insiders suggested that Sam's exit was not related to the previous vaccination discussions.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

DS article:

Home and Away addresses Jasmine Delaney's absence in new storyline
    Cash starts to worry.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...nce-addressed/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Monday's Australian episode (July 25), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has addressed Jasmine Delaney's ongoing absence from Summer Bay.

Jasmine recently rushed out of town after hearing that Wendy Shaw, the mother of her late husband Robbo, had suffered a heart attack. She decided to help out the Shaws on the family farm until further notice.

This storyline was initially written in after Sam Frost announced plans to take a break from her role as Jasmine, although Sam later confirmed that her departure would be permanent.

In Monday's episode on Channel 7 in Australia, Jasmine was repeatedly referenced as her partner Cash Newman awaited her return.

Cash was excited over the news that Jasmine was supposedly coming back to the Bay and he confided in her brother Xander Delaney about his plans to propose to her.

After preparing a romantic dinner, purchasing an engagement ring and bringing home some champagne, Cash eagerly awaited Jasmine's arrival.

However, when Jasmine was late without explanation, Cash left her a worried voicemail to find out what was going on.

Are we about to finally get an on-screen reason over why Jasmine won't be returning to the Bay?

Sam Frost announced last year that she'd be taking a break from Home and Away, giving her time to receive COVID vaccinations. All cast at Home and Away are obliged to be vaccinated due to a rule implemented at the start of the year.

In a change of plans, Sam later announced that her departure would be permanent.

A spokesperson for Channel 7 said in a statement sent to Digital Spy: "We support and respect Sam's decision to leave Home and Away. Sam leaves with our sincere thanks and very best wishes for the future."

Show insiders suggested that Sam's exit was not related to the previous vaccination discussions.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

DS article - an awful, completely out of character exit for Jasmine:

Home and Away confirms why Jasmine Delaney won't be back
    Cash receives upsetting news.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...xit-explained/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Wednesday's Australian episode (July 27), which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away has finally provided an on-screen explanation for why Jasmine Delaney won't be returning to Summer Bay.

The popular character made an abrupt departure a few weeks ago, rushing off to help the family of her late husband Robbo Shaw. There were no plans for Jasmine to return, as Sam Frost ? who plays her ? has left the show permanently.

Over the past few weeks, Jasmine's loved ones in the Bay have optimistically spoken about how her departure would only be temporary.

However, in Wednesday's episode on Channel 7 in Australia, Jasmine's partner Cash Newman finally discovered that she wouldn't be back.

Cash was confused this week when he asked Jasmine to come back to the Bay and she failed to show up, ruining his plans for a romantic proposal.

When Jasmine and the Shaw family failed to answer calls from Cash, he became worried and reported her as a missing person.

In Home and Away's latest episode, Cash was upset as he heard back from the police that Jasmine is fine.

Unfortunately, Jasmine had decided not to return and left it to the police to break the news to Cash.

Cash told Irene Roberts: "I put in a request for a welfare check at the farm and when the local coppers got there, Jasmine and her in-laws were there. Jasmine's decided to stay there.

"She didn't want to talk to me ? she asked the cops to pass the message on. Apparently she sends her love and apologies ? and her hope that we will understand."

Cash quickly blamed himself for Jasmine's decision, fearing that he'd put her off by pressuring her to return home earlier than planned.

Irene then questioned whether Jasmine's long-lost siblings Xander and Rose, who recently moved to the Bay to be with her, knew about her decision.

Cash vowed to fill them in, explaining: "I don't think they know anything about it. There is no way I'm letting them find out over a phone call.

"They have moved their whole lives here for nothing, Irene. How are they supposed to deal with that?"

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in September.

This storyline doesn't make any sense as it's completely out of character for jasmine who is so in love with cash to suddenly decide to not even answer his calls. Either there is way more going on or the writers have written this as a slight against Sam Frost. Personally I think it would have been a better exit reason if they had of done a Beth and killed her off on her way home.
    Last edited by hward; 28-07-2022 at 09:05.

I?m guessing they just weren?t happy with her. I agree tho, totally out of character.

she'd have called irene at least

did jasmine sell robbo's pier diner flat, to who?

I thought he just rented it?

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    I thought he just rented it?
    i may be wrong, did robbo not buy from ziggys dad?

Thread Information