Thread: Laurel Thomas (Charlotte Bellamy)

Laurel Thomas (Charlotte Bellamy)

Emmerdale boss Iain MacLeod has revealed that he's already planning a big new storyline for Laurel Thomas following Ashley's tragic death.

Laurel (Charlotte Bellamy) is left devastated later this week as her husband Ashley passes away, bringing the show's long-running dementia story to a conclusion.

However, fans of Laurel don't need to worry about her disappearing into the background afterwards, as there are major plans for her beyond that too.

Iain has already ruled out rushing Laurel into another romance as he's keen to respect her history with Ashley, but viewers will have to stay tuned to find out exactly what's in store for her.

Speaking to Digital Spy at an Emmerdale press event, Iain explained: "There's a big story coming up for Laurel. It's not a romance, as I think that the viewers will have no appetite to see that right now at all – and nor do I.

"The way I describe it is that when you are grieving, you are such a ball of emotion that you can become quite tenacious and quite combative.

"So I think we might see her butting heads against somebody quite unexpected in the near future."

Ashley's final episode in Emmerdale
    © ITV
    Friday's emotional Emmerdale episode sees all of Ashley's loved ones gather to say their goodbyes to him at Mulberry Cottage, knowing that he doesn't have long left.

Ashley then shares his final moments just with Laurel, recognising her in a brief moment of lucidity before passing away peacefully.

Digital Spy

Quote Originally Posted by danielroxheaps View Post

Laurel Takes On Cain

Laurel worries for her friend as she discovers Harriet and Cain's affair, so she decided to put the hardman into his place. Cain made Laurel feel more determined to split them after Cain tells her to back off while she can. Will she listen?
    I actually like Laurel and Cain scenes, he was great when he confronted her about her drinking as he could relate over Shadrach

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-05-2017), Perdita (04-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I actually like Laurel and Cain scenes, he was great when he confronted her about her drinking as he could relate over Shadrach
    they have better chemistry than him and vicar harriet

she loves bob, would ashley approve?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    she loves bob, would ashley approve?
    I am sure he would want her to be happy ... but Bob? Not sure he will provide eternal happiness ....

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kiwigirl (14-02-2018), tammyy2j (14-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I am sure he would want her to be happy ... but Bob? Not sure he will provide eternal happiness ....
    Yes Ashley would want her to be happy and move on but not at the expense of Brenda and Bob's twins Cathy and Heath

I cannot see Arthur and Gaby being happy when this comes out

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (14-02-2018)

boring borel happy for affair

becomes pregnant by jai but aborts as baby has down syndrome

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emm...love-interest/

Emmerdale has confirmed who Laurel Thomas will be setting her eye on following her split from Jai Sharma.

Laurel has been telling her friends that she's ready for a new relationship recently, and upcoming scenes will see sparks fly between her and Marlon Dingle's physiotherapist Kit.

Marlon watches the two exchange some flirty conversation, amused by the whole scenario.

Is this just a bit of romantic fun, or could this be the start of Laurel's next serious relationship? We'll be keeping an eye on this plotline to see how it develops.

Laurel was previously married to Ashley until he tragically passed away in 2017, had a short-lived affair with Bob Hope, and then called off her long-lasting relationship with Jai when she found drugs next to his missing wallet (that actually belonged to Leyla Cavanagh).

"I think Jai feels disappointed in Laurel because she has her own problems with being a recovering alcoholic," Jai actor Chris Bisson said.

"I don't know if it's because Laurel wasn't 100% behind getting back together in the first place, but it seems quite harsh that she's not more understanding. I think he sees a different side to her.

"There have been times when Laurel's halo has slipped slightly. She hasn't been as kind or as understanding as usual. There have been a couple of scenes where Laurel's not very nice to Jai at all.

"I can't see Jai getting back together with Laurel, given that he pled his innocence and he was absolutely adamant but she wouldn't believe him. I don't see how they get back from there."

Thread Information