Page 976 of 1133 FirstFirst ... 47687692696697497597697797898610261076 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,760 of 11328

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

I am so angry. Mad Justin was not even cross examined.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    I am so angry. Mad Justin was not even cross examined.
    We don't know that. The cross examination just wasn't shown.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Why wouldn't it be shown? I would have wanted to see it !!!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

alan45 (04-06-2023), Perdita (03-06-2023), Ruffed_lemur (03-06-2023), Snagglepus (03-06-2023), Son of Cain (03-06-2023)

poor trial written, a bad end to big bgt week

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    poor trial written, a bad end to big bgt week
    Yes. The trial and all the faffing before hand. Any Fingerprints on the glass, even though it broke ?

Billy and Paul go off in a van. Not an ordinary van. A camper van

Yes. The trial and all the faffing before hand. Any Fingerprints on the glass, even though it broke ?

Billy and Paul go off in a van. Not an ordinary van. A camper van
    There would be fingerprints if the glass was kept back for examination... cannot remember if it was given to the police or not now.. I had hoped for proper drama in the court room, why was no mention made of Daisy's injuries to her chest??? Corrie can do such good emotional storylines but court room drama is not one of them

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (03-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    There would be fingerprints if the glass was kept back for examination... cannot remember if it was given to the police or not now.. I had hoped for proper drama in the court room, why was no mention made of Daisy's injuries to her chest??? Corrie can do such good emotional storylines but court room drama is not one of them
    I agree with all that but it's up to the Police to take possession of evidence.

Why wouldn't it be shown? I would have wanted to see it !!!
    There's a lot in that trial I would have wanted to see, that being one of them. Also calling PC (or DC now) Craig Tinker as a witness to the previous incident. The police and/or forensics team giving evidence about the actual attack. Other witnesses to the continued stalking and harassment of Daisy. Scientific recreations of the attack and the angle the acid was thrown from. Justin's sister put on the stand and cross-examined about his previous stalking. A trial like that would have gone on for days, maybe weeks, not be all over in 2 days. Cross examinations of Daisy, Justin and Ryan, each one would have gone on for days.

It was just complete rubbish writing.
    Last edited by parkerman; 03-06-2023 at 08:39.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (03-06-2023), Perdita (03-06-2023), Son of Cain (03-06-2023)

Perhaps we will see the cross examination in the next episode. I hope so. I thought the judge allowed the defence barrister too much leeway in how she dealt with Ryan, the Prosecutor only made a half hearted objection. She was virtually calling both Daisy and Ryan liars, if Justin gets off will we see Daisy and Ryan charged with wasting police time and perjury? I know the prosecution have to disclose evidence to the defence, but I am not sure if the defence have to disclose their plan of denfence to the prosecution. Surely the time for Justin to tell his tale would have been when he was arrested and questioned by the police, as the trial has gone ahead we must assume that he did not. Should the Prosecutor and the judge not have raised this point. Corrie never write courtroom scenes very well, but here they have stretched the limits of imagination, and the bounds of credibility past breaking point.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (03-06-2023), lizann (03-06-2023), Perdita (03-06-2023), Ruffed_lemur (03-06-2023)

There's a lot in that trial I would have wanted to see, that being one of them. Also calling PC (or DC now) Craig Tinker as a witness to the previous incident. The police and/or forensics team giving evidence about the actual attack. Other witnesses to the continued stalking and harassment of Daisy. Scientific recreations of the attack and the angle the acid was thrown from. Justin's sister put on the stand and cross-examined about his previous stalking. A trial like that would have gone on for days, maybe weeks, not be all over in 2 days. Cross examinations of Daisy, Justin and Ryan, each one would have gone on for days.

It was just complete rubbish writing.
    Is Ryan left handed,? The burns are on the left hand side of his face, if he was holding the glass in his right hand, he would need to have had his arm across his face for it to spill onto to his left side. I am sure no one would do that, they would hold it out to the side, so it would be important to know if he was right or left handed. Has it been raised in court that Justin got a job as a delivery driver covering Coronation Street, just to be near to Daisy. The way this has been filmed, the prosecution seem to have only called two witnesses, Daisy and Ryan, and are not calling any more, otherwise the defence would not be putting their case now.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-06-2023), parkerman (03-06-2023)

Thread Information