Page 966 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 46686691695696496596696796897610161066 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,660 of 11287

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Max has now got a a sensible haircut and Platt's hair is even more ridiculous

A buzz cut is sensible? I suppose if you are joining the army. Was it required by the detention center?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bratface For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (06-05-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by bratface View Post
    A buzz cut is sensible? I suppose if you are joining the army. Was it required by the detention center?
    I suspect that he had his hair cut off because the others were laughing at him.

Stephen ran towards Underworld and intercepted the postman, saying. "I can take those for you."
    It doesn't seem unusual something like that happens in soaps.
    I would have though the postman was obliged to deliver mail directly to the address, or hand it to someone in the premises, not just give the mail to someone on the street. I can't imagine the postman knows all his householders that well, especially in an urban area. Would that happen in real life?

I didn't know that Coronation Street was originally Albert Street, then renamed for the coronation of Edward VII?
    I remember that the soap was going to be called Florizel Street, but some bigwig in ITV said it sounded like the name of a soap powder, hence it became Coronation Street.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerOver View Post

I didn't know that Coronation Street was originally Albert Street, then renamed for the coronation of Edward VII?
    That was a bit of a strange story because Brian said that the street was built in 1902. King Edward succeeded to the throne (when he took the name Edward) in January 1901, so to call it Albert street after him in 1902 seems a bit odd.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (08-05-2023), Son of Cain (06-05-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    That was a bit of a strange story because Brian said that the street was built in 1902. King Edward succeeded to the throne (when he took the name Edward) in January 1901, so to call it Albert street after him in 1902 seems a bit odd.
    Googling says that "Edward VII, born Prince Albert Edward (November 9, 1841?May 6, 1910)" so it looks his real name was Albert.

Quote Originally Posted by bratface View Post
    If I was sent to a detention centre, a place where violence is likely to occur, I would have my head shaved or hair cut very short, so, if in a fight, not allow anyone the chance to grab hold of it, to head butt, or punch me in the face. I think any sensible person would do the same.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 06-05-2023 at 12:39.

Googling says that "Edward VII, born Prince Albert Edward (November 9, 1841?May 6, 1910)" so it looks his real name was Albert.
    Yes, his name was Albert, but he took the name Edward in January 1901, so if Coronation Street wasn't built until 1902 (according to Brian), why would they call it Albert after him?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (06-05-2023)

///I remember that the soap was going to be called Florizel Street, but some bigwig in ITV said it sounded like the name of a soap powder, hence it became Coronation Street.//

I think the bigwig said it sounded like a disinfectant/air freshener ( Zoflora?)

Stephen ran towards Underworld and intercepted the postman, saying. "I can take those for you."
    I would have though the postman was obliged to deliver mail directly to the address, or hand it to someone in the premises, not just give the mail to someone on the street. I can't imagine the postman knows all his householders that well, especially in an urban area. Would that happen in real life?

I remember that the soap was going to be called Florizel Street, but some bigwig in ITV said it sounded like the name of a soap powder, hence it became Coronation Street.
    I've been waiting for Perdita to comment on this but as she hasn't, I'll just leave this here:

"Florizel is a fictional character in Shakespeare's The Winter's Tale. Florizel is the son of Polixenes ? King of Bohemia. He falls in love with Perdita, and wishes to marry her. His father objects to the marriage, however, and warns Florizel that his inheritance will be revoked if he ever seeks Perdita again."

This happens all the time in Walford. He walks round the market and takes letters out of his bag without even looking at the addresses

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (06-05-2023)

Thread Information