Page 860 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 360760810850858859860861862870910960 ... LastLast
Results 8,591 to 8,600 of 11286

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    So Bernie has plenty of witnesses who saw her in the cafe during the morning when the jewellery shop owner would have seen Fern. It seems quite easy to me for Bernie to prove her alibi. If only Craigie was on the job.
    Where is he, Craigie? He has not been on duty lately when plenty of his colleagues had to deal with matters on Corrie
    Last edited by Perdita; 21-10-2022 at 09:48.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (20-10-2022)

No shotgun blasts into the ceiling - No hammers smashing glass cases - Must be the quietest, most non violent "Jwellery Heist" ever. But why did Fern feel the need to pull her hoodie up before she started robbing. After all she had been cleaning all morning with her hood down.
    To be truthful I am confused by the whole business. On Monday's episode she arrived at the shop and the owner/manager left her cleaning, when he seemed to go home. On Wednesday he arrived when she was cleaning and said "good morning". Did she spend the night there, or did she open up before he arrived, if so did he give her the keys and alarm codes - to someone he had just met the previous evening. Did he not think it suspicious that she seemed to spend the whole time cleaning one bit of counter.
    What sort of jewellers was it that had no other staff, did not lock the display cases, unless this was because it did not have any customers. Even though Bernie and Fern look similar, I am sure in close up they be able to see the difference. I don't think PC Tinkers special powers of investigation will be needed to solve this crime.

Corrie really is finding it difficult to come up with good believable story lines. Must have been putting all their efforts into getting Summer pregnant.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 20-10-2022 at 21:27.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

mysangry (22-10-2022), parkerman (21-10-2022), Perdita (21-10-2022), Snagglepus (20-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    No shotgun blasts into the ceiling - No hammers smashing glass cases - Must be the quietest, most non violent "Jwellery Heist" ever. But why did Fern feel the need to pull her hoodie up before she started robbing. After all she had been cleaning all morning with her hood down.
    To be truthful I am confused by the whole business. On Monday's episode she arrived at the shop and the owner/manager left her cleaning, when he seemed to go home. On Wednesday he arrived when she was cleaning and said "good morning". Did she spend the night there, or did she open up before he arrived, if so did he give her the keys and alarm codes - to someone he had just met the previous evening. Did he not think it suspicious that she seemed to spend the whole time cleaning one bit of counter.
    What sort of jewellers was it that had no other staff, did not lock the display cases, unless this was because it did not have any customers. Even though Bernie and Fern look similar, I am sure in close up they be able to see the difference. I don't think PC Tinkers special powers of investigation will be needed to solve this crime.
    If the plan was to blame Bernie it was woeful because she was filmed doing the theft at a time when Bernie has an alibi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    If the plan was to blame Bernie it was woeful because she was filmed doing the theft at a time when Bernie has an alibi.
    But this is Corrie and the Weatherfield Police Force are well known for not carrying out any investigations before arresting and prosecuting people. That's why the wrong people always get arrested and all the murderers go free.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (21-10-2022), Son of Cain (21-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    But this is Corrie and the Weatherfield Police Force are well known for not carrying out any investigations before arresting and prosecuting people. That's why the wrong people always get arrested and all the murderers go free.
    It's a good job we have two top notch lawyers resident in the street

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

lizann (22-10-2022), parkerman (21-10-2022), Perdita (21-10-2022), Son of Cain (22-10-2022)

Where are they going with this asylum seeker story, the way Chesney was going on about it, it sounds like he will be taking some in. At least he has the room in his house.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagglepus For This Useful Post:

parkerman (22-10-2022)

So because Chesney couldn't get Ryan on the phone, it means Bernie must be lying and guilty. Eh?

I also fail to understand the point Bernie was making that she had been stitched up by Fern because she made her stay in all afternoon and therefore had no alibi. But she (Fern) was seen in the shop in the morning by the owner when Bernie was working in the cafe.

This story is complete garbage.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (22-10-2022), Snagglepus (22-10-2022), Son of Cain (22-10-2022)

I find Summer to be an unlikeable character. She is supposed to be really clever but he lacks common sense. It's a bit of a trait in soaps that clever people lack common sense.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

lizann (22-10-2022), mysangry (22-10-2022), parkerman (22-10-2022), Son of Cain (22-10-2022)

3 guardians and she still got pregnant. Sack them all.
    love it!!

I find Summer to be an unlikeable character. She is supposed to be really clever but he lacks common sense. It's a bit of a trait in soaps that clever people lack common sense.
    I have never liked this summer, the original Summer was not very likeable, I found her arrogant and aloof, but could not see her getting pregnant. Problem when they recast characters, is it not just that they get a new head, but a new personality too. Same thing happened with Max. It seems that when they decide to take a character in a new direction they have to recast in order to do so. I would prefer they make the extra effort needed to write stories for the actors they already have.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (23-10-2022), lizann (23-10-2022), parkerman (23-10-2022)

Thread Information