Page 817 of 1124 FirstFirst ... 317717767807815816817818819827867917 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,170 of 11238

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseP View Post
    I think they have turned Phill into an idiot.
    He already was an idiot. She shouldn't have accepted his proposal after the book fiasco though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (16-07-2022)

Why would the spanner touching the radiator valve cause what looked to be an electrical short circuit?
    Even if the pipe was 'live' Ed wasn't touching anything else so he wouldn't have got a shock, he was also wearing boots possibly with rubber soles and the floor was carpeted, there would be nowhere for the current to flow.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snagglepus For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (16-07-2022), parkerman (16-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    Why would the spanner touching the radiator valve cause what looked to be an electrical short circuit?
    Even if the pipe was 'live' Ed wasn't touching anything else so he wouldn't have got a shock, he was also wearing boots possibly with rubber soles and the floor was carpeted, there would be nowhere for the current to flow.
    It was a shocking scene.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

bratface (16-07-2022), lizann (17-07-2022)

Haven't seen this episode yet but are radiators in the UK hooked up to electric current?

Quote Originally Posted by bratface View Post
    Haven't seen this episode yet but are radiators in the UK hooked up to electric current?
    Not usually.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

bratface (16-07-2022)

Not this type, they work from water heated by a central gas/oil fired boiler and circulated by a pump.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

Not this type, they work from water heated by a central gas/oil fired boiler and circulated by a pump.
    I figured. That's how my apartment is heated. I live in a building that was built in 1915 & the landlord is too cheap to convert the apartments to electric heating. The only downside is, he controls the heat. It's usually off between April & October & when it's on it only comes on twice a day. Except for this last winter, I called the city & told them that my apartment was hovering around 57 degrees (13 celsius) & they must have really given him a hard time because the heat was on all day up until the end of May.

So, then unless he had his finger in an electrical socket, it's unlikely it was the wrench touching the valve that shocked him?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bratface For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (17-07-2022)

I figured. That's how my apartment is heated. I live in a building that was built in 1915 & the landlord is too cheap to convert the apartments to electric heating. The only downside is, he controls the heat. It's usually off between April & October & when it's on it only comes on twice a day. Except for this last winter, I called the city & told them that my apartment was hovering around 57 degrees (13 celsius) & they must have really given him a hard time because the heat was on all day up until the end of May.

So, then unless he had his finger in an electrical socket, it's unlikely it was the wrench touching the valve that shocked him?
    He controls the heat, I wouldn't have thought that was even bloody legal.

This whole Maria story. While I don't think she deserves what's happening to her, the way she is talking down to people doesn't help her image. When the guy from the bin workers talked to her, her attitude of "Get away from me, dont talk to me" sure doesnt give her a very positive light as if she's too 'good' to talk to the mere peasants. I really hope they wrap this story up and her half baked political career soon.
    Last edited by Jadefalcon; 17-07-2022 at 03:39.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jadefalcon For This Useful Post:

Perdita (17-07-2022)

[QUOTE=Jadefalcon;980008]

"He controls the heat, I wouldn't have thought that was even bloody legal."

Unfortunately in the US, it is very legal. But there are minimum temperatures that must be maintained. I am lucky though because my landlord isn't a total creep, just cheap!

At one time the electrics were earthed to the copper pipes of the plumbing system . I think this was done in case a live wire came in contact with a copper pipe the charge would go to ground. I am not sure of the science behind this but it is no longer done, or legal to do so. In the cellar in my house there is a metal rod driven into the ground and the electrics are earthed to this. So presumably somehow the pipe had become live because they were installed before the regulations were changed.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 17-07-2022 at 08:48.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

lizann (17-07-2022), parkerman (17-07-2022)

Thread Information