Page 615 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1155155656056136146156166176256657151115 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 11313

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    What is it that makes them turn characters into idiots? - Dev would never get together with Bernie, no matter how desperate he was for a leg over. Bernie would take advantage and make his life hell regards working in the shop. That's why they say "never mix business and pleasure".I think the shine is beginning to wear off the romance for Tyrone, Alina is leading him about as if he had a ring through his nose.
    What would Bernie's husband Mike think about it ?

Dev & (EWWWW) Bernie?

What is it that makes them turn characters into idiots? - Dev would never get together with Bernie, no matter how desperate he was for a leg over. Bernie would take advantage and make his life hell regards working in the shop. That's why they say "never mix business and pleasure".I think the shine is beginning to wear off the romance for Tyrone, Alina is leading him about as if he had a ring through his nose.
    But didn't Dev do just that back in the day? Mix business with pleasure? Didn't he have 3 other children with women that worked at his other shops & that was the reason Sunita divorced him? As for his 'doing the mattress mambo' with Bernie, EEWWWWW. I thought it was bad enough when he did the same with Sharon.

Quote Originally Posted by bratface View Post
    But didn't Dev do just that back in the day? Mix business with pleasure? Didn't he have 3 other children with women that worked at his other shops & that was the reason Sunita divorced him? As for his 'doing the mattress mambo' with Bernie, EEWWWWW. I thought it was bad enough when he did the same with Sharon.
    It's just one of the perils of being a total legend

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

RogerOver (11-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by bratface View Post
    I think you are right, but in those days I do not think he was so hands on in the shops, so was able to keep more distance between the women and himself. Bernie being a madter of manipulation and of taking advantage of any situation she can exploit, he should know better, and you would have thought he would have learned a lesson from those days.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 11-06-2021 at 16:33.

I think you are right, but in those days I do not think he was so hands on in the shops, so was able to keep more distance between the women and himself. Bernie being a madter of manipulation and of taking advantage of any situation she can exploit, he should know better, and you would have thought he would have learned a lesson from those days.
    I can imagine his male pride took over when reminded of non existing love life .. needed to prove he still got it ..

Dev & (EWWWW) Bernie

I think you are right, but in those days I do not think he was so hands on in the shops, so was able to keep more distance between the women and himself. Bernie being a master of manipulation and of taking advantage of any situation she can exploit, he should know better, and you would have thought he would have learned a lesson from those days.

Obviously not? But Bernie? I'm not sure what term you use 'over the pond' but here we call women like her 'white trash/trailer trash'. Why has Dev all of a sudden become so desperate for female companionship? First Sharon & now Bernie?

Dev & (EWWWW) Bernie?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I can imagine his male pride took over when reminded of non existing love life .. needed to prove he still got it ..
    But Bernie? 🙄

I also can't get away with the fact that Corey got bail on a murder charge and the lawyer arguing that he had 'previous good character' and had a prospective football career.

First off, it's not as if he was playing for Man United, and I'd think that any team would at least have him on some sort of suspension until things are dealt with. Secondly, the 'good character' argument doesn't wash, the worst of criminals have all at one point been people of good characters, no one is born as a murdering psycho, well not unless you're a chestburster from Alien that is....

People keep forgetting that Weatherfield has its own legal system which is completely different to the rest of the UK.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

RogerOver (11-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
    I also can't get away with the fact that Corey got bail on a murder charge and the lawyer arguing that he had 'previous good character' and had a prospective football career.

First off, it's not as if he was playing for Man United, and I'd think that any team would at least have him on some sort of suspension until things are dealt with. Secondly, the 'good character' argument doesn't wash, the worst of criminals have all at one point been people of good characters, no one is born as a murdering psycho, well not unless you're a chestburster from Alien that is....
    "Being of good character" is a phrase that lawyers use a lot. As long as a person has no convictions they are legally of good character. They say this to sway the bench and the jury.

Thread Information