Page 515 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 154154655055135145155165175255656151015 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 11284

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Dim Tim was very silly to brag to Geoff about his mother

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    She was very silly but still willing.
    I don't think she could be described as willing. She was not physically forced but Ray still pressured her into it. I think she felt because he was her boss and had recently promoted her that she could not refuse. This is not what I would call free will.
    I am wondering if this has been introduced as a storyline to give the residents who sold their houses to him a means of forcing him to sell them back when they find out about it.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 03-12-2020 at 07:53.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-12-2020), Perdita (03-12-2020), Ruffed_lemur (04-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Dim Tim was very silly to brag to Geoff about his mother
    As is Alya all the time telling Geoff what she will do for her gran.... glad this is going to be over soon

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-12-2020), LouiseP (03-12-2020), parkerman (03-12-2020), Son of Cain (03-12-2020)

i think the show was incorporating #metoo movement with harvey weinstein casting couch storyline for ray and faye but it failed to pull it off for me, maybe the actress playing faye cannot act dramatic she did not seem traumatised, how will debbie react to ray's antics with young ones or does she care

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (03-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Something very strange going on with the masks. Simon walks into Roy's Rolls with his mask on but takes it off when he gets inside, which is the reverse of what he should do. Then he and Shona sit in the cafe talking without masks on, but then are showing exiting with their masks on. All very strange........
    Yes, Emmerdale also do this, it is as if the producers feel they have show people wearing masks just to acknowledge Covid but don't really bother to show it properly as in the real world. It may be that they feel that we cannot understand what the cast are saying if we cannot see their faces, but we have manage this in real life. I have seen it said that people with hearing difficulties need to see the faces to lip read, but I am not sure this is a valid argument as characters do not always face the camera, and there are subtitles. As you say very strange or maybe just lazy lip service.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-12-2020), parkerman (03-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Yes, Emmerdale also do this, it is as if the producers feel they have show people wearing masks just to acknowledge Covid but don't really bother to show it properly as in the real world. It may be that they feel that we cannot understand what the cast are saying if we cannot see their faces, but we have manage this in real life. I have seen it said that people with hearing difficulties need to see the faces to lip read, but I am not sure this is a valid argument as characters do not always face the camera, and there are subtitles. As you say very strange or maybe just lazy lip service.
    Mind you, Corrie and Emmerdale are one better than Eastenders, which seems to be living in a post-Covid world, with no-one wearing masks and people popping into each other's houses as and when the fancy takes them while the Queen Vic takes no notice at all of any regulations.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-12-2020), Son of Cain (03-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Mind you, Corrie and Emmerdale are one better than Eastenders, which seems to be living in a post-Covid world, with no-one wearing masks and people popping into each other's houses as and when the fancy takes them while the Queen Vic takes no notice at all of any regulations.
    To make matters worse there is no acknowledgement of the second lockdown or the tier system.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 03-12-2020 at 10:03.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i think the show was incorporating #metoo movement with harvey weinstein casting couch storyline for ray and faye but it failed to pull it off for me, maybe the actress playing faye cannot act dramatic she did not seem traumatised, how will debbie react to ray's antics with young ones or does she care
    Agreed, the way it was filmed was not good, using the break for the before and after, we had no feeling of anything really happening. There was no build up, it all seemed to happen too quick. I feel we should have seen more of Ray grooming Faye over a longer time.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 03-12-2020 at 11:36.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-12-2020), parkerman (03-12-2020)

[QUOTE=lizann;953081]could imran have yasmeen tested to prove alcohol abuse, an alcoholic, if she really was she would crumble detoxing in prison all this time, geoff is too cocky[/QUOTE

Surely friends and neighbours would have noticed if Yameen was drinking to excess. I don't think we ever saw her drunk. The Rovers and Dev would notice how much she was buying, so unless Geoff says she was going to Freshcos, or somewhere further away, for it, it should be pretty easy to cast doubt on his claims.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 03-12-2020 at 16:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    could imran have yasmeen tested to prove alcohol abuse, an alcoholic, if she really was she would crumble detoxing in prison all this time, geoff is too cocky

Surely friends and neighbours would have noticed if Yameen was drinking to excess. I don't think we ever saw her drunk. The Rovers and Dev would notice how much she was buying, so unless Geoff says she was going to Freshcos, or somewhere further away, for it, it should be pretty easy to cast doubt on his claims.
    I'm not sure that's entirely true, SoC. Alcoholics can be very good at covering up their addiction. I don't want to go into details as it's all too personal, but I was at one time very close to someone who was an alcoholic and I don't think anyone outside her immediate family actually realised it.

Thread Information