Page 470 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520570970 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 11285

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Why does Sarah keep saying that Gary saved her life and going on about her children growing up without a mother etc. etc.? Gary took the full force of the hit and he wasn't killed. In fact he was up and out of hospital in a matter of hours. Why wouldn't it have been the same for her?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (18-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Why does Sarah keep saying that Gary saved her life and going on about her children growing up without a mother etc. etc.? Gary took the full force of the hit and he wasn't killed. In fact he was up and out of hospital in a matter of hours. Why wouldn't it have been the same for her?
    And as Dennis Teanner says she was only in the road because Gary was chasing her and she though he was going to do her harm. I don't even know how she came to be standing in the road, she was running along the pavement when he was chasing her, she stopped and looked back at him, then the camera cut to a different angle and she was in the road and Gary somehow managed to push her out of the way and get hit by the car that was travelling at walking pace. The car had just come round a corner was going so slowly she could simply have stepped out of it's way

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

lizann (18-08-2020), parkerman (18-08-2020)

does sarah mean gary saved her from rick as he threatened her and her family so gary killed him

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    does sarah mean gary saved her from rick as he threatened her and her family so gary killed him
    She brings that up as well, but her immediate meaning of saving her life is the car accident.

good to see bernie wearing a mask

good to see bernie wearing a mask
    True, but some of them seem to pull the mask down to speak to someone. This happened with Gemma and her friend, and they were quite close together too. Masks don't really muffle your voice.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

parkerman (18-08-2020), Perdita (19-08-2020)

She only has Gary's word that Rick threatened to kill her and Harry, and I am not sure she actually believes him. When Gary killed Rick he did it to save himself, Rick planned to kill him and had even dug a shallow grave to bury the body. When Gary turned the tables on him and buried him in his own grave this was another example of someone who complicated the situation by not going to the police. I can't remember why Gary did not report it, probably because of his involvement in the loan sharking.
    Was it Gary who damaged the factory roof and did he blame this on Rick. If so he was responsible for Rana's death too.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Brucie (20-08-2020), parkerman (19-08-2020), Perdita (19-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    She only has Gary's word that Rick threatened to kill her and Harry, and I am not sure she actually believes him. When Gary killed Rick he did it to save himself, Rick planned to kill him and had even dug a shallow grave to bury the body. When Gary turned the tables on him and buried him in his own grave this was another example of someone who complicated the situation by not going to the police. I can't remember why Gary did not report it, probably because of his involvement in the loan sharking.
    Was it Gary who damaged the factory roof and did he blame this on Rick. If so he was responsible for Rana's death too.
    Yes, it was Gary who damaged the factory roof, which killed Rana.

There are too many examples of not going to the police in cases of self defence. Becoming too common in soaps to " get the shovel! "

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (22-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I agree with your comments however, I can understand Gary being scared to go to the police as he would not be able to prove that Rick was going to kill him .. difficult situation to be in. And not being a natural cold blooded killer, his guilty conscience is eating away at him. And as a side remark .. would be less drama if he had confessed to the police I know soap operas are meant to reflect real life but ever so often the scriptwriters need to add drama, not that it always works ..
    Last edited by Perdita; 19-08-2020 at 16:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I agree with your comments however, I can understand Gary being scared to go to the police as he would not be able to prove that Rick was going to kill him .. difficult situation to be in. And not being a natural cold blooded killer, his guilty conscience is eating away at him. And as a side remark .. would be less drama if he had confessed to the police I know soap operas are meant to reflect real life but ever so often the scriptwriters need to add drama, not that it always works ..
    I am all for a bit of drama, I just ask that it is realistic, which more and more often it is not. When the police questioned Sarah, they knew she was lying about why she called the police but seem have just accepted her silly story about someone stealing her car and dropped the matter. I just feel that Soap's now set a bad example to young people in particular when established cast members continually get away with behaving badly and hardly ever have to face the consequences for their crimes.,

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Brucie (20-08-2020), parkerman (19-08-2020), RogerOver (19-08-2020), Ruffed_lemur (19-08-2020)

Thread Information