Page 361 of 1124 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461861 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 11238

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Regarding shotgun shells, you do get what's referred to as solid slug, which is as the name suggests one solid cartridge, though considering military forces have been using shotguns it's more likely they are military issue. With pellets, you get buckshot, birdshot et, different sizes of pellet.

As a personal story, I do voluntary work in an Oxfam bookshop, one day at the bottom of a big box of old books was a metal box with about half a dozen rifle cartridges of two different sizes and the same with pistol rounds. Had to phone management then contact the local police.

I see Ryan is still a slime all.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    She is meant to go into a coma but will live, actress recently signed another year contract
    Poor Shona was doing fine till David Platt failed to support her

Quote Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
    Regarding shotgun shells, you do get what's referred to as solid slug, which is as the name suggests one solid cartridge, though considering military forces have been using shotguns it's more likely they are military issue. With pellets, you get buckshot, birdshot et, different sizes of pellet.

As a personal story, I do voluntary work in an Oxfam bookshop, one day at the bottom of a big box of old books was a metal box with about half a dozen rifle cartridges of two different sizes and the same with pistol rounds. Had to phone management then contact the local police.

I see Ryan is still a slime all.
    You do indeed get solid slugs for shotguns but they are not in common use. At the range that Robert got hit he would have been blown half way across the street and the hole in the door would have been much much bigger if this was what was used. The whole idea of shotguns is that you do not have to aim it accurately as the shot spreads as the distance increases, the force of the shot also decreases, so the chances of survival increases the further away you are from the gun. But in Robert's case even if the gun was loaded with birdshot it would have made a mess of him and he would have known about it imediately, instead of walking a few paces before realizing he was hit. If the shotgun was loaded with rocksalt he would probably been OK.The same goes for Shona's box, the side of that would have been peppered with shot, but it might absorbed the force of the shot and she could have survived relatively unhurt. But it was difficult to tell how far away she was from Derek. I still did not find it very convincing.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 27-12-2019 at 15:38.

I must have missed Michelle deciding to go to Ireland .. why and when did she do that ???

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (27-12-2019)

so is michelle's boys going to stay living in rob's flat, ali needs a haircut looks like a druggie than doctor

michelle exit should be jail but at least she is gone no maria or amy waving her off

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (27-12-2019), tammyy2j (27-12-2019)

Bye Michelle, do not rush back please .. ever!!!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (01-01-2020), lizann (28-12-2019), Snagglepus (27-12-2019), Son of Cain (28-12-2019), tammyy2j (27-12-2019)

I must have missed Michelle deciding to go to Ireland .. why and when did she do that ???
    I remember Vicky mentioning she was going to Ireland, are they meeting up over there? Is Tyler gone also?

Michelle is going to see her parents who live in Ireland but I don't remember her mentioning it before now

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (28-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I remember Vicky mentioning she was going to Ireland, are they meeting up over there? Is Tyler gone also?

Michelle is going to see her parents who live in Ireland but I don't remember her mentioning it before now
    Vicky and Tyler and baby gone to Ireland, Robert was going to go there too to be closer to his son. Michelle going to Ireland to see her parents is new to me, must have missed that conversation but I am glad she is gone and hope she is not coming back ever!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (28-12-2019)

Vicky and Tyler and baby gone to Ireland, Robert was going to go there too to be closer to his son. Michelle going to Ireland to see her parents is new to me, must have missed that conversation but I am glad she is gone and hope she is not coming back ever!
    Vicky mentioned recently that she, Tyler and the baby were making a new start in London but that might have changed now.
    Michelle briefly mentioned going to Ireland a few weeks ago but then it was forgotten until yesterday.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:

Perdita (28-12-2019)

I've only just caught up on the Christmas episodes and I can't understand how Shona was actually shot. It looked like the bullet/pellet shattered the glass bauble but I don't know enough about guns to tell if it would have enough force to penetrate the box and injure Shona as well. And I had to watch the scene with Robert again to spot the tiny hole the bullet made in the glass panel of the Rovers door - to be honest I didn't work out he had been shot until he collapsed. At first it looked like Derek had fired at the wall and shattered the framed photographs beside the door. Looks like bad planning and direction in those scenes.

I didn't actually mind the scenes with Rita telling the cat about old times; it actually felt poignant when she was looking at the old photograph and remembering her mother. But I did wonder how heavy the tree actually was and whether she could at least try and push it off her. I know she's 80+ but she's never had any serious mobility problems so, as others have argued she could have got herself over to the door or a phone.

And of course the worst part of those episodes was Robert telling Michelle with his final breath that he never deserved her - talk about cringe inducing.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:

parkerman (28-12-2019), Perdita (28-12-2019), Son of Cain (28-12-2019)

Thread Information