Page 467 of 1116 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517567967 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 11158

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

geoff claims everything of yasmeen's as his

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    From memory, did he not just take over half the business because he was Yasmeen's husband? And then stole the money from the business to pay for Tim and Sally's wedding. I don't think he ever put any money into it.
    I think originally when Speed Daal open it was owned by Zeedan and Imran who invested when Rana's parents pulled out. Imran later sold his share to settle his divorce. Alya bought it by selling her shares in Underworld. She was sole owner until Geoff and Yasmeen bought in as partners, not sure where the money came from, if it was all Yasmeen's or if they remortgaged her house. Can't remember if they own equal shares, or if Alya owns 50% and Geoff and Yasmeen the other 50% between them. Even if Yasmeen owns a quarter she may not be able to give it to Alya if there is a clause in the contract giving Geoff first option.
    Business dealings in Soaps are the equivalent of "not reading the small print" so details can be added at a later date to suit the plot.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 12-08-2020 at 15:12.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

parkerman (12-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    geoff claims everything of yasmeen's as his
    This shows the value of a good prenup.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    This shows the value of a good prenup.
    They are only married a short time, the courts might not agree with Geoff, just because you are married without a pre-nup does not mean you are entitled to half of everything .. friend of mine got married after having bought her house, when she got divorced her ex claimed half but did not get it as they were married only about 8 years or so..

did zeedan sell his shares?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    did zeedan sell his shares?
    I am pretty sure he did. I think maybe he needed the money to start or invest in a business in London or wherever he ended up. I think before Geoff and Yasmeen came in as partners she was sole owner.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 12-08-2020 at 18:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    They are only married a short time, the courts might not agree with Geoff, just because you are married without a pre-nup does not mean you are entitled to half of everything .. friend of mine got married after having bought her house, when she got divorced her ex claimed half but did not get it as they were married only about 8 years or so..
    Yasmeen unfortunately got into the habit of surrendering responsible for legal financial matters to Geoff. Remember how she let him put the money from the insurance for the break-in into his account. I do hope she did not put the house or part of it into his name legally. She still seems reluctant to confront him on these matters. Alya tried to lock him out of the house but he got back in. Even now she is still reluctant to face him in court.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 12-08-2020 at 18:16.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-08-2020), Perdita (12-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Yasmeen unfortunately got into the habit of surrendering responsible for legal financial matters to Geoff. Remember how she let him put the money from the insurance for the break-in into his account. I do hope she did not put the house or part of it into his name legally. She still seems reluctant to confront him on these matters. Alya tried to lock him out of the house but he got back in. Even now she is still reluctant to face him in court.
    She was abused and is traumatised, only natural that she does not want to see him .. I am sure she feels stupid and embarrassed to have ended up as his punch bag. .. I see your point about the insurance money and other things we did not see, hopefully she did not transfer half the house to him but no doubt that will come out once Geoff is exposed for what he really is.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (12-08-2020)

Why oh why is Alya always telling Geoff about things in her and Yasmeen's favour ??? Wish she would stop talking to him and let Imran do the talking... until they are in court ..

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-08-2020), Ruffed_lemur (13-08-2020)

tim was happy sally bought him a business so of course he is happy geoff takes yasmeen's things

Thread Information