Page 831 of 1116 FirstFirst ... 331731781821829830831832833841881931 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,310 of 11159

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    So the police accepted Ryan's story that he was coerced into the robbery by gunmen sent by Ray Crosby.

Presumably then, they have arrested Ray Crosby and will be prosecuting him and will be using Ryan as their key witness in the court case.
    Or it will all be forgotten about

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (11-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    So the police accepted Ryan's story that he was coerced into the robbery by gunmen sent by Ray Crosby.
    Presumably then, they have arrested Ray Crosby and will be prosecuting him and will be using Ryan as their key witness in the court case.
    is ray still in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is ray still in prison?
    He should be, think he got quite a lengthy prison sentence for the sexual assault on Faye.

Stu was probably innocent but I can't believe that he was denied a solicitor. Even 27 years ago, it was standard practice.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (11-08-2022)

I thought Stu might have covered for his daughter but now I realise she would have been too young so I think he covered for his ex-wife who might have killed the waitress out of jealousy and Stu did not want his daughter to grow up with a mum in prison... Stu would have had a solicitor but he confessed so nothing any legal representative could have done to defend him.

Why does Stu not sit down in the cafe and write a letter to Yasmeen and explain that way what really happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Why does Stu not sit down in the cafe and write a letter to Yasmeen and explain that way what really happened?
    There is no guarantee she would read it.

Bit disappointed that Stu's story turned out to be a standard "I was fitted up, guv", hoping for something more complex than that.

Did I notice a glint of interest in P C Tinker's eye, will he somehow prove Stu's innocence?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Perdita (11-08-2022)

I thought Stu might have covered for his daughter but now I realise she would have been too young so I think he covered for his ex-wife who might have killed the waitress out of jealousy and Stu did not want his daughter to grow up with a mum in prison... Stu would have had a solicitor but he confessed so nothing any legal representative could have done to defend him.
    He said he tried to retract his statement but they wouldn't let him. So there was plenty a decent solicitor could have got his teeth into.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (11-08-2022), Son of Cain (12-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is ray still in prison?
    Yes, but he could still have masterminded the so-called gunmen who supposedly forced Ryan into carrying out the robbery and, if the police accepted Ryan's story, he could still be arrested in prison and sent for trial.

Of course, in the wonderful world of Weatherfield justice all this will be conveniently forgotten.

A solicitor could have prevented the treatment he said he received which caused him to confess.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

parkerman (11-08-2022), Perdita (12-08-2022), Son of Cain (12-08-2022)

Thread Information