Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Astoni Family

TV Week has this story on Sophie Dillman & Anna Cocquerel, who play the Astoni sisters:

Right At Home.

Sophie Dillman And Anna Cocquerel Are Carving It Up In Summer Bay.

https://www.facebook.com/tvweekmag/p...314684/?type=3

'I'm Just Like Bonnie!'

What is sure to come as no surprise, Summer Bay newbie Sophie Dillman has been receiving comparisons to former Home and Away star Bonnie Sveen.

Sophie stars as teenager Ziggy Astoni.

The blonde beauty says TV WEEK isn't the first to note the resemblance.

"So many people have said that to me on set and on social media," Sophie, 24, says. "I don't see the resemblance, though everyone else seems to.

"Apparently, we're very similar in personality as well."

Sophie says she actually met Bonnie briefly last year. She describes the actress, who won a TV WEEK Logie Award in 2014 for her role as Ricky Sharpe, as "so lovely".

However similar they may seem, Sophie's path to the beloved series was certainly unique. She was a qualified nurse before she ditched the scrubs to try her luck as an actress.

"I really like the relationship you build with the actors you work with," she says. "And I really like the permission to be in someone else's skin and work out how they tick.

"A good script & character is just so much fun to explore."

Sophie says she and Anna, who's part of her larger on-screen family, have bonded quickly and easily.

"She's very similar to my little sister, Hannah," Sophie says of her co-star. "I have a similar relationship with Hannah as I do with Anna.

"She's [Anna] awesome. She's a 16-year-old powerhouse."

Queensland born and bred, Sophie left behind her real family to join the show. But her parents are thrilled to see their daughter chasing her dream.

"They message me every time they see something on Instagram or when our TV ads come out," she says. "They are super-proud - always asking questions.

"My family have nothing to do with the [entertainment] industry, so it's very new for everyone."

'I Never watched The Show'

Unlike her new co-star, Sophie, acting runs in 16-year-old Anna Cocquerel's blood.

In fact, the teen, who landed the role as goody-two-shoes Coco Astoni in Home And Away, hails from a family of accomplished performers.

"My brother, Thomas [Cocquerel, who starred alongside Anna Kendrick in Table 19], is a famous actor," Anna says. "He got us all into acting, so I have him to thank.

"My sister, Emilie, starred in [Oscar-winning film] Lion, and she's just landed another little project on a new Netflix series called The Legend Of The Monkey.

"Then there's Elsa, who just got her first stint in a movie - so it's all very exciting."

Despite having never really watched Home And Away, Anna says she was very nervous arriving for her first day.

"I had gone for a couple of other roles on the show and got close [to getting them], but never got there," she says. "So I was really nervous at the beginning.

"But as the day went on, I felt more comfortable with everyone and everything and felt at home.

"Everyone was so lovely to me and took care of me. At the start, I had some trouble with my lines - it would take me a while to learn them, but now I'm getting faster and faster."

Anna can't help but giggle when she recalls first bumping into Summer Bay's resident fisherman Alf Stewart (Ray Meagher).

"When I met Alf, I was like, 'Oh, my God - hi''" she laughs. "He was very, very sweet and nice to me."

Currently in Year 10 at high school, Anna declares she still finds time to study, despite her busy filming schedule.

"It's tricky, but I'm getting everything done," she says. "I'm on set up to five days a week. And sometimes I don't even go to school, but I always catch up."

As for her plans for the future, the young actress has her sights set on Hollywood.

"I would love to be the next Julia Roberts," she smiles.

"She can play so many different types of characters. She does such an amazing job."
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 01-08-2017 at 00:52.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (31-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdydog12 View Post
    So the blonde isn't Ricky in disguise?
    she really does like the spit of her

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (04-08-2017)

I'm liking the Astoni family so far. I think the elder daughter bears a remarkable resemblance to EE's Jo Joyner.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (04-08-2017)

how can they afford farm and pier, thought they skint

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (21-08-2017), tammyy2j (30-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    how can they afford farm and pier, thought they skint
    They sold their house in Sydney (although they must have done it in record time!!). I'm pretty sure they mentioned that Maggie's mum had actually bought that house for them either when they got married or when they had Ziggy. So they wouldn't have had a mortgage (we haven't heard of Maggie's mum's reaction to them selling up in the city & buying in SB, but I believe we will be seeing her mum on the show later this year). With house prices in Sydney so high/out of control, I imagine they are having us believe that they would easily have cleared enough money from the house sale to then buy both the farm & pier, up the coast in little SB!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (21-08-2017), lizann (22-08-2017), TaintedLove (22-08-2017), tammyy2j (30-08-2017)

i predict affair for leah and father ben

A general article in the Daily Telegraph, but it mentions a current plotline:

Home Still Where The Heart Is.

AUSTRALIANS still prefer the overblown plot lines of soapie Home and Away to the majority of other dramas on television.

The Channel 7 soapie, which will celebrate 30 years on the air next year, is the second most popular regular Aussie drama this year, reaching 2.6 million viewers each week.

While it is in an earlier timeslot to most dramas, Home and Away is currently only being pipped in the ratings by Channel 9's Doctor Doctor.

Sophie Dillman is already feeling the effects of being a Home and Away star after landing her first role on the silver screen as part of the new Astoni family.

Her character Ziggy is the subject of a kidnapping and a secret affair with a character who is tied up in drug dealing and did a stint in rehab.

"It's been a whirlwind. I feel like I'm living a dream. People are starting to recognise me in public," Dillman, 24, said.

The addition of Sam Frost is tipped to cause another ratings spike for the show.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (18-09-2017)

The father reminds me of Travis and Tom Nash

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (25-09-2017), Pantherboy (20-09-2017), TaintedLove (23-09-2017)

Elsewhere in Summer Bay, the Astonis face an upsetting day when they find secret letters that Maggie has written in the event that she dies from cancer.

When Maggie (Kestie Morassi) returns from a romantic trip away with Ben, her caring daughter Ziggy helps to unpack her bags, but is stunned to come across her letters inside.

After Ziggy spreads the word among the others, the Astonis demand an explanation from Maggie and she admits that she wrote the letters just in case the worst happens.

Ben is particularly upset and angry over the discovery, fearing that Maggie is giving up on her future prematurely.

Ziggy Astoni reads Maggie's letter in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Meanwhile, Ziggy (Sophie Dilman) decides to read her letter and is upset to see that Maggie is worried she'll miss the day that her eldest daughter gets married.

Ziggy explains to Coco that she is going to propose to Brody Morgan so that Maggie doesn't miss the big day. But how will Brody feel about it?

Brody Morgan comforts Ziggy Astoni in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Thursday, June 28 and Friday, June 29 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (16-06-2018)

Digital Spy article:

AUST PACE!

Home and Away confirms paternity test storyline for the Astoni family
    What will the outcome be?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...aternity-test/

Home and Away spoilers follow from Australian-pace episodes, which some UK readers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Astoni family have arranged a paternity test to resolve the mystery of who Ziggy's father is.

As first tipped earlier this week, the show has launched a huge new storyline on Australian screens following the arrival of Ben's troublesome brother Marco.

Maggie had a one-night stand with Marco years ago, but never told Ben about what happened. The timing fits with Maggie getting pregnant with Ziggy, raising the possibility that Marco could be the father.

Thursday's episode on Channel 7 in Australia (April 23) saw the Astoni family left shattered after Maggie decided to confess all following a blackmail attempt from Marco.

Ben was heartbroken that Maggie could keep the one-night stand secret from him for so many years, while Ziggy did the maths and quickly realised the uncertainty surrounding who her father is.

When Ben, Marco, Maggie and Ziggy all reluctantly came together for a chat at the Astoni house, they realised that a paternity test would help to clear up the matter.

Maggie is adamant that, despite the timing, she has a mother's intuition and knows that Ben is Ziggy's dad.

Ziggy wasn't so convinced and insisted on a test to settle things either way.

Once the test has been done, the Astoni family will face an agonising one-week wait to find out the truth.

Sophie Dillman, who plays Ziggy, recently told TV Week magazine: "Technically, no-one did anything wrong in that [Maggie] didn't cheat and [Maggie and Ben] had broken up, but it's the lie she carried with her.

"Ziggy feels awful because she pushed Ben to rekindle the relationship with his brother. But Marco has destroyed that in one visit.

"Whatever the answer, the big question will forever be, how do you come back from something like this?"

Home and Away fans in the UK will see this storyline on Channel 5 later this year.

Home and Away currently airs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 1.15pm on Channel 5 (UK), and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia).

Thread Information