Thread: The Astoni Family

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    TV Week has this story on Sophie Dillman & Anna Cocquerel, who play the Astoni sisters:

Right At Home.

Sophie Dillman And Anna Cocquerel Are Carving It Up In Summer Bay.

https://www.facebook.com/tvweekmag/p...314684/?type=3

'I'm Just Like Bonnie!'

What is sure to come as no surprise, Summer Bay newbie Sophie Dillman has been receiving comparisons to former Home and Away star Bonnie Sveen.

Sophie stars as teenager Ziggy Astoni.

The blonde beauty says TV WEEK isn't the first to note the resemblance.

"So many people have said that to me on set and on social media," Sophie, 24, says. "I don't see the resemblance, though everyone else seems to.

"Apparently, we're very similar in personality as well."

Sophie says she actually met Bonnie briefly last year. She describes the actress, who won a TV WEEK Logie Award in 2014 for her role as Ricky Sharpe, as "so lovely".

However similar they may seem, Sophie's path to the beloved series was certainly unique. She was a qualified nurse before she ditched the scrubs to try her luck as an actress.

"I really like the relationship you build with the actors you work with," she says. "And I really like the permission to be in someone else's skin and work out how they tick.

"A good script & character is just so much fun to explore."

Sophie says she and Anna, who's part of her larger on-screen family, have bonded quickly and easily.

"She's very similar to my little sister, Hannah," Sophie says of her co-star. "I have a similar relationship with Hannah as I do with Anna.

"She's [Anna] awesome. She's a 16-year-old powerhouse."

Queensland born and bred, Sophie left behind her real family to join the show. But her parents are thrilled to see their daughter chasing her dream.

"They message me every time they see something on Instagram or when our TV ads come out," she says. "They are super-proud - always asking questions.

"My family have nothing to do with the [entertainment] industry, so it's very new for everyone."

'I Never watched The Show'

Unlike her new co-star, Sophie, acting runs in 16-year-old Anna Cocquerel's blood.

In fact, the teen, who landed the role as goody-two-shoes Coco Astoni in Home And Away, hails from a family of accomplished performers.

"My brother, Thomas [Cocquerel, who starred alongside Anna Kendrick in Table 19], is a famous actor," Anna says. "He got us all into acting, so I have him to thank.

"My sister, Emilie, starred in [Oscar-winning film] Lion, and she's just landed another little project on a new Netflix series called The Legend Of The Monkey.

"Then there's Elsa, who just got her first stint in a movie - so it's all very exciting."

Despite having never really watched Home And Away, Anna says she was very nervous arriving for her first day.

"I had gone for a couple of other roles on the show and got close [to getting them], but never got there," she says. "So I was really nervous at the beginning.

"But as the day went on, I felt more comfortable with everyone and everything and felt at home.

"Everyone was so lovely to me and took care of me. At the start, I had some trouble with my lines - it would take me a while to learn them, but now I'm getting faster and faster."

Anna can't help but giggle when she recalls first bumping into Summer Bay's resident fisherman Alf Stewart (Ray Meagher).

"When I met Alf, I was like, 'Oh, my God - hi''" she laughs. "He was very, very sweet and nice to me."

Currently in Year 10 at high school, Anna declares she still finds time to study, despite her busy filming schedule.

"It's tricky, but I'm getting everything done," she says. "I'm on set up to five days a week. And sometimes I don't even go to school, but I always catch up."

As for her plans for the future, the young actress has her sights set on Hollywood.

"I would love to be the next Julia Roberts," she smiles.

"She can play so many different types of characters. She does such an amazing job."
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 31-07-2017 at 23:52.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (31-07-2017)

Thread Information