Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: David Metcalfe (Matthew Wolfenden)

David to stay until end of year

From Digital Spy

Emmerdale star Matthew Wolfenden has said that his life completely changed after landing a role on the ITV1 soap.

The actor, who has played Eric Pollard's estranged son David Metcalfe since 2006, revealed that he had struggled to adjust to his new-found fame.

He told the Press Association: "When I first started, I sat down with John Middleton, who plays Ashley. He said, 'When does your character first appear? Are you prepared for your life to change?' I always remember him saying that.

"It changes your life and your friends and families' lives as well. You can't go out without people wanting your picture on their camera phone. In the supermarket you constantly get people asking if you're 'that bloke off Emmerdale'."

He added: "You're on a soap and you're getting between six and eight million people watching a night. But you forget how many people watch it. I went to Las Vegas on holiday and had English people coming up for autographs."

Wolfenden also revealed that he recently signed a new contract to appear on the Yorkshire-based soap until December.

Well, I hope they do something with his character for the rest of this year, his character has not inspired me too much so far.

Charley Webb and Matthew Wolfenden

Emmerdale stars Charley Webb and Matthew Wolfenden have shared some happy news, announcing that they are expecting their second child together.

The Debbie Dingle actress confirmed the news on Twitter, sharing an image of herself and Wolfenden with their son Buster.

The adorable family snap sees Buster, born in 2010, with a sign reading: "Only child expiring: December 2015." She captioned the image: "Here we go again #babynumber2."

Wolfenden shared the same message, later thanking fans for their responses: "Wow.... Overwhelmed by all the congrats tweets!! Thank you so much we are sooooooo excited!!"

Last year, the actor admitted that he was "desperate for a little girl", adding that he wanted to have "tonnes of kids".

Wolfenden and Webb first started dating in 2008. They were engaged but split in 2013, later reuniting after they had remained friends.

Spoiler:
    So Debbie will have to be written out when she starts maternity leave and I guess this is the reason David Metcalf will also leave for a while, probably when Alicia has been written out

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-06-2015)

I didn't realise they were back together??!! congrats to them both

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (03-06-2015)

Don't think they were apart for very long ....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (03-06-2015)

I hope none of their characters die

Congrats to them both

Last edited by tammyy2j; 03-06-2015 at 15:40.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post

Congrats to them both
    Matthew said he could be back ... obviously not allowed to say for sure, so I think he will return from Portugal eventually

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (03-06-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post

Congrats to them both
    Matthew said he could be back ... obviously not allowed to say for sure, so I think his character will return from Portugal eventually
    Last edited by Perdita; 03-06-2015 at 17:32.

Despite just having baby number two, it seems Emmerdale stars Matthew Wolfenden and Charley Webb want to keep the "ball rolling".

The couple, who star as David Metcalfe and Debbie Dingle on the soap, have two sons already, Buster and most recently baby Bowie.

Matthew opened up about being parents and the tiring ordeal of feeding their children early in the morning to The Mirror.

"That's why I thought, 'While we are still pretty knackered now we might as well go for number three and keep that knackeredness ball rolling'," he admitted.

He also revealed that the couple hoped to marry at some point: "We just keep on having kids and it gets in the way. Charley doesn't want to be pregnant as she walks down the aisle."

David is currently involved in a storyline revolving around testicular cancer on Emmerdale, with Matthew saying that "if one person checks themselves, finds a lump, gets treated and survives, we will have done a good job".

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (28-04-2016)

David Metcalfe (Matthew Wolfenden)

Emmerdale's David Metcalfe could be heading down the aisle again as he becomes determined to tie the knot with Tracy Shankley.

David, who is currently battling cancer, will pop the question to Tracy later this summer - but he won't find it easy to convince her that they should settle down so quickly.

Emmerdale's producer Iain MacLeod revealed: "A couple that are coming over really well on screen at the moment are David and Tracy. I'm really proud of the way we've told David's cancer story with a bit of humour. We've also told it in a way of 'real life goes on'.

"It's not been scene after scene of his treatment. He's had to be a parent to Jacob, he's had to deal with the fact he's falling in love with Tracy and it's just a gorgeous story.

"We've got this really fun thing going on where David, in a moment of insanity, proposes to Tracy. In a moment of sanity she says 'are you kidding me? We've only just got together like a week ago!'"

Tracy is worried about David
    © ITV

MacLeod continued: "David decides to try and wear her down, so he's going to propose to her once a day until she decides to say yes. We've had aeroplanes out skywriting, we've had Marlon spelling out 'marry me' in balsamic glaze on the side of a plate, we've had people proposing on the radio half way through scenes.

"We're just trying to have as much fun with it as we can - the idea being that she's going to make him wait because it's a ridiculous proposal.

"But the more he tries and the more outlandish they get, the more she kind of falls in love with him. We're ending up perhaps with her never actually saying yes, but maybe secretly she maybe wants to and it's a case of what happens next?"

Digital Spy

Thread Information