From Digital Spy

Emmerdale star Matthew Wolfenden has said that his life completely changed after landing a role on the ITV1 soap.

The actor, who has played Eric Pollard's estranged son David Metcalfe since 2006, revealed that he had struggled to adjust to his new-found fame.

He told the Press Association: "When I first started, I sat down with John Middleton, who plays Ashley. He said, 'When does your character first appear? Are you prepared for your life to change?' I always remember him saying that.

"It changes your life and your friends and families' lives as well. You can't go out without people wanting your picture on their camera phone. In the supermarket you constantly get people asking if you're 'that bloke off Emmerdale'."

He added: "You're on a soap and you're getting between six and eight million people watching a night. But you forget how many people watch it. I went to Las Vegas on holiday and had English people coming up for autographs."

Wolfenden also revealed that he recently signed a new contract to appear on the Yorkshire-based soap until December.

Well, I hope they do something with his character for the rest of this year, his character has not inspired me too much so far.