Thread: Pablo (Shai Matheson)

Exclamation Pablo (Shai Matheson)

Maria Connor's secret husband will cause a stir on Coronation Street, but actress Samia Ghadie wants him to stick around permanently.

Maria will have some explaining to do after returning to Weatherfield next week when it becomes apparent that she is harbouring a rather big secret.

When a guy called Pablo follows her home, Maria is later forced to explain to her boyfriend Luke that she married him as a favour so he could be with his British boyfriend.

Pablo's stint on the show is only set to be fleeting at the moment, but Ghadie has admitted that she would love it to be extended.

Luke finds Maria with Pablo
    © ITV

When asked if Pablo was sticking around, she said: "Not at the moment. But I'd love him to - he's brilliant.

"Shai Matheson, the guy who's playing him, is just amazing. He's very funny. I text the writer who wrote the episode saying, 'can we keep Pablo?' Because he's just hysterical. My cheeks were hurting when I got home from laughing. He's brilliant."

Justifying Maria's actions, Ghadie said: "The whole reason that Maria has married him is because he's in love with Ash, his boyfriend who we don't meet, so he needs a visa to get into this country.

"So what she's done is illegal but she's done it out of the goodness of her heart so they can be together.

"I think alcohol played a part. Reading between the lines, she was drunk when they got married. So she wasn't really thinking straight."

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Wednesday, April 13 at 7.30pm on ITV.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-04-2016)

so a 'scam' marriage, which neither Pablo nor Maria will want to be exposed to the authorities.....whats the best thing to do now....

get engaged to marry Luke????

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-04-2016), lizann (10-04-2016), swmc66 (14-04-2016), tammyy2j (14-04-2016)

He would suit Sean, could see an affair for them

Billy is too good for Sean and not suited to him

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-04-2016), lizann (14-04-2016)

is gay marriage now legal yet in uk, thought all europe allowed it since ireland voted it in

I think drew barrymore married some waiter as she felt sorry for him and he needed a green card

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is gay marriage now legal yet in uk, thought all europe allowed it since ireland voted it in
    Pablo's apparently too scared of his parents finding out he's gay to marry his boyfriend. He's desperate for them to think he's married a woman which is why he begged Maria to talk to them via Skype.

That scene where she dressed up in some wizard of oz character was really embarrasing and cringe worthy

Thread Information