Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liv Flaherty (Isobel Steele)

Exclamation Liv Flaherty (Isobel Steele)

Emmerdale fans will be introduced to Aaron Livesy's teenage half-sister Liv Flahery next week.

Young actress Isobel Steele has been cast in the role of Liv, who appears on screen when Aaron tries to gather evidence against his rapist father Gordon.

When Aaron returns to the village next week, he desperately starts trying to track down his stepmother Sandra - knowing that she could be a key witness against evil Gordon.

Continuing his recent show of support, it's Aaron's on-off lover Robert Sugden (Ryan Hawley) who manages to secure Sandra's address. He later insists on coming along for the visit to Sandra too.

Aaron gets nervous when they pull up outside Sandra's house, so he and Robert decide to linger in the local area while he plucks up the courage.

Robert chases after Liv
    © ITV
    They're soon interrupted by a teenage troublemaker who steals Aaron's wallet, but Aaron can't believe his eyes when they later see the same girl at Sandra's house - it's his sister.

Danny Miller, who plays Aaron, revealed: "Nicking his wallet obviously isn't a great start, but you instantly see a bond forming and Liv takes an instant liking to Aaron. She's cheeky and a bit naughty. It's literally a mirror image of what Aaron was like at that age - being cheeky to her mum and lying to her as well!

"Aaron also doesn't tell Sandra that Liv nicked his wallet. He instantly loves her - she's his sister and he just wants to protect her."

Aaron speaks to Sandra and Liv
    © ITV
    Once Liv is out of earshot, Aaron gets his chance to speak to Sandra about the real reason for his visit - but things go very badly when she insists that she can't stand up for him in court.

Aaron immediately starts to suspect that Sandra knew much more about the abuse than he thought, so he pins her up against the wall and demands answers.

Miller continued: "Aaron's feeling paranoid at the moment and he thinks that people are out to get him. He knows that Sandra has changed her surname and she's changed her address, plus she's very nervous and shocked to see him.

"Aaron realises that she knew and she's in denial, because she thinks that she is incriminated in this herself and she could go to prison for knowing the truth. So Aaron gets a bit aggressive. For a second he forgets where he is and he grabs hold of her. Liv sees it and it breaks her heart."

Aaron loses his temper with Sandra
    © ITV
    When Sandra later speaks to the police and denies any knowledge of the abuse, a tormented Aaron fears that all hope is lost. However, the police then return and drop the bombshell that a second victim has come forward to give evidence against Gordon.

"Aaron is both gutted and relieved when he hears the news," Miller said. "He's gutted that this has happened to someone else and he didn't say something sooner, because he could have stopped this from happening. But he's also relieved that it's proof of what Gordon is really like.

"Instantly Aaron thinks that the other victim is Liv, but the police can't give away that information. But in the end they can see just how frustrated Aaron is and how scared he is for his sister, so they confirm that it's a male victim."

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (16-02-2016)

Isobel Steele's management company yesterday tweeted "Tonight 7 pm - Isobel Steele debuts as Liv Flahery, a new regular character in ITV1's Emmerdale - double episode. bumper!!"
    https://twitter.com/Take2management/...68050274549760

There are no spoilers yet for just how Liv comes to moves into Emmerdale to live near Aaron but recent storylines for some of the other characters have had a trend for random starts before settling down.

I suspect that Jacob (12yo) and Liv (14yo) are going to be an item, also Gabby (14yo) and Lachlan (15yo) pair up too whilst living at Home Farm. I suppose this is the start of the new IM era with four troublesome teenagers and expect there will be a number of linked storylines in a while.

I suspect that Liv may come with a dog, as for some reason I have an idea in mind about this being like The Famous Five with lots of adventures to come for them all, but time will tell on this?

could paddy and rhona foster her if her parents go prison

The surname seems to be Flaherty, not Flahery as in the first spoilers.

Every Emmerdale spoiler and published article about Emmerdale right now lists Liv as "Liv Flahery". There does not seem to be any mistake about the spelling of Liv's surname in any respected news or forum source.

This soapboards.co.uk forum board is usually quite accurate on details about Emmerdale (although perfection can never be guaranteed every time, of course, and soapboards forum readers should make sure to separate posted spoilers here from posted opinions and speculations).

There is an Irish (Dublin) pub connection for "O'Flaherty's", and another for a derivative name "Flahery's pub" in Barcelona.

A recent Iain McLeod interview with Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk said that Iain McLeod himself said that there might be a new Emmerdale character who is a ‘gin-fuelled whirlwind’. Maybe (my guess for right now...?) is that she is an Irish Dingle who Aaron has stayed with(?) and who then moves into Emmerdale and buys into the pub? There is some idea around that this person might even be Cain and Chas's biological mum!

So maybe this new ‘gin-fuelled whirlwind’ character is an older relative of Liv and is the random reason for how Liv comes to live in Emmerdale village near Aaron and for Liv to be a member of what I think is going to one day be one of Emmerdale's "Famous Five"?

Source:
    By Duncan Lindsay, Metro.co.uk
    "Emmerdale spoiler preview: New producer teases dramatic new storylines including returns, new faces and a wedding twist"
    Friday 5 Feb 2016
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/05/emmerd...twist-5664696/

I'd like to add that Radio Times, for week 20-26 February 2016, has published the Emmerdale cast list as to include "Liv Flaherty" and "Sandra Flaherty".

I also just checked the on-screen credits for ITV's Thursday Emmerdale 2nd episode and the spellings there are "Flaherty" too!

So is it Flaherty or Flahery? Time will tell! How odd for this spello to persist for so long!

flaherty is an irish name correct spelling

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

lansineva (28-02-2016)

Back in the village, Liv gets to work by giving Rob a grilling, and when that doesn't seem to get her anywhere, she hides behind a door and records a conversation between Aaron and his ex, hoping Robert will let slip about Ryan.

Later, Liv ends up feeling guilty when she overhears Aaron telling Chas that they can trust her.

Having second thoughts, Liv goes to Gordon and announces their arrangement is off. Angered by his daughter's disloyalty, Gordon's dark side reappears and he snaps. Has foolish Liv landed herself in serious danger?

Following her argument with Gordon, tearful Liv returns to the pub, but she drops herself in it with Aaron when she mentions Ryan's name. Realising Liv's been spying on him, Aaron's in bits... But his anger turns to worry when Liv does a runner back to Gordon, and Aaron races to rescue her from his clutches. What will happen when Aaron comes face to face with his evil father again?

Meanwhile, Rob's stressed out when he discovers Liv has a recording of him admitting the truth behind Ryan and is determined to get to the police before the sneaky schoolgirl says anything.

Unfortunately, it's too late - and as DS Wise arrives, Mr Sugden is terrified his illegal deal will ruin things for Aaron. Could the case against Gordon collapse before the trial has even started?

all about soap. fortnight ending 8 April 2016

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Friday 1 April 2016.

TW:
    I suspect that Liv hasn't given the tape recording to the police...but time will tell on this.

The spelling for Liv's character is now Olivia Flaherty in recent publications and ITV Emmerdale episode credits.

It's official - Aaron Livesy's half-sister Liv Flaherty is sticking around in Emmerdale.

Aaron (Danny Miller) made the life-changing decision to take on the responsibility of Liv full-time in Tuesday night's episode, stepping in when it seemed that the troublesome teenager would have to move to Dublin.

It was Aaron's indecisive stepmum Sandra who sparked the big change when she suddenly decided that she wanted to live in Dublin permanently.

Sandra was looking for a permanent escape following the bad memories associated with Gordon's sex abuse trial, but Liv (Isobel Steele) was far less keen to go.

As it became increasingly clear that Liv would be much happier living at The Woolpack, Aaron offered to become her full-time guardian.

Admitting it wouldn't be easy, Aaron told his loved ones: "I'm not saying I'm not going to make mistakes - because I will, I know I will. Loads of 'em. I promise I will never, ever let her down."

When Sandra reluctantly gave her blessing, it was agreed that Liv would be staying in the village. But the one person who won't be happy about it is Aaron's boyfriend Robert Sugden (Ryan Hawley).

Emmerdale's producer Iain MacLeod said recently: "Liv will challenge their relationship because she and Robert won't get on and will be competing for Aaron's affections."

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 20-04-2016 at 05:39.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (20-04-2016)

I like her

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (20-04-2016)

Thread Information