Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Gemma Oaten (Rachel Breckle)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I think her abusing Sam will become common knowledge and she realises she can´t stay around with all the Dingles sticking up for Sam and takes Archie and leaves
    Yes, I can see something like that happening. I think maybe the Dingles will agree not to tell anyone for Sam's sake (not easy to admit that you've been a victim of domestic abuse and certainly not for men, as that isn't talked about as much.) Either that or whoever finds out agrees that Rachel should be allowed to get off free provided she stays away from Sam. Maybe they think that she is the lesser of two evils where Archie is concerned.

Poor Archie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (25-08-2015)

I think Ali sees her abuse Sam

Former Emmerdale star Gemma Oaten has said that she would always be open to returning to the ITV soap.

The actress played ​Rachel Breckle from 2011 to 2014, before making a surprise comeback last year. Although Rachel hasn't been on screens since last summer, Oaten has hinted that fans could see her again one day.

"Emmerdale was such a massive part of my life", she told the Daily Star. "It is such a treat of a job. So I don't think you can ever put limitations on going back.​

"Some people have got theories that if you play a soap role for long enough, then you get typecast. But I believe you can do what you do with a talent - then you'll get somewhere."

Despite the door being widely left open for her at Emmerdale, Oaten has a few projects she wants to complete first.

She said: "There are talks about a period drama. It would be amazing to get that and be in a corset rather than trackie bottoms and a hoodie – it would be great to do something really different.

"All of the characters I've played have been rough and ready."

Digital Spy

I would like to see her back with Sam

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (04-05-2016)

* Emmerdale return for Rachel Breckle? *
    Rachel Breckle just has to return to Emmerdale, right?
    Gemma Oaten thinks that her character needs to be back in The Woolpack soon.
    The actress played Rachel from 2011 to 2014, before making a surprise comeback last year. She's previously hinted that fans could see her again one day.
    "I'd love love to go back to Emmerdale," she told BANG Showbiz.
    "I need to go back and beat up Jai."
    However, Gemma also recently said that she has a few projects to finish before any possible return to the soap.
    She told the Daily Star: "There are talks about a period drama. It would be amazing to get that and be in a corset rather than trackie bottoms and a hoodie - it would be great to do something really different.
    "All of the characters I've played have been rough and ready."

Thread Information