Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Emmerdale Spoilers for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    I think this father-the-baby storyline might be one of the two big extra reveals around the end of October that Kate Oates talked about today.
    I actually took the flashback extra reveals to mean the revealing of new storylines stemming from the same night as the shooting. If the father-of-the-baby reveal happened that night you'd already be seeing the fallout of that. I'm guessing the Paddy secrecy will be one of those reveals, at the very least, as well as revealing who the shooter is. Whatever the other revelation is had to be tied in with whatever else happened that night, and may have something to do with why there are shady looks between certain characters that up til now seemed to be just about the shooting and "who dunnit". And with Kate saying they lead into the winter viewing also makes it seem like new(ish) storyline threads.

Here is the recap for the night of the shooting - could there possibly be clues within? Such as...what was Andy's call really about - the shooting, or something else?
    -----------------------
    Airs Friday, Sep 25 2015 at 19:00 BST on ITV

Andy flies at Robert as he is sickened by his manipulation. Aaron breaks the fight up, but Andy is shocked further when Chas guiltily covers for Aaron and Robert - lying that Katie was going to leave him. Andy runs out when Diane and Victoria start to be hoodwinked by Robert's lies. Chas privately tells Robert to drop dead when he thanks her.

Robert's troubles continue when Lawrence confronts him, explaining that he had an interesting chat with Chrissie. Steeling himself for a fight, Robert explains about the break-in and gloats that he set up the rent boy. Lawrence is infuriated.

Later that day, Chas warns Robert to leave the village tonight if he values his life. However, Robert doesn't take notice of Chas's warning. As he takes a step back, there's a sudden sound of a gunshot. Blood appears on Robert's chest. His eyes meet Chas's in utter shock as he collapses...

Meanwhile, Diane receives a call from Andy who apologises, but adds that if she'd heard what Robert did to Katie she'd do the same thing. He hangs up, leaving Diane and Victoria extremely worried.

Elsewhere, Debbie tells a disappointed Ross that she can't give him what he wants. Pete watches triumphantly as his brother feels the pain of rejection. Ross is fuming that Pete saw Debbie rejecting him and Pete tries to cover a twinge of worry as a murderous Ross explains that Debbie was the only thing stopping him from using the gun. Pete regrets rubbing Ross's nose in it when he gets a text to meet him at the farm. Moira is floored when he says that Ross will be waiting with a gun. She tells Pete they'll meet him together.

Also, Harriet is worried when Ashley doesn't show for her party.

Finally, Marlon gets on well with Chloe at the singles night, but Paddy is worried about Aaron and makes his excuses to leave.
    --------------------------------------

Of course, I could be completely wrong, as I'm only guessing based on the spoilers and comments given on this forum, as well as the memes on the Emmerdale FB page (character facial expressions/reactions etc), and photos on Digital Spy etc, since here in NZ we are several weeks behind and falling further behind thanks to TVNZ cutting our viewing time of Emmerdale in half since the beginning of September (don't get me started on that!)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiwiElle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (01-10-2015), Telly Watcher (01-10-2015)

As well as the Robert plot, Emmerdale chiefs are promising to reveal two other shocking secrets in the flashback which will rock the village forever.
    Any ideas on what the other 2 are

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiElle View Post
    I actually took the flashback extra reveals to mean the revealing of new storylines stemming from the same night as the shooting. If the father-of-the-baby reveal happened that night you'd already be seeing the fallout of that. I'm guessing the Paddy secrecy will be one of those reveals, at the very least, as well as revealing who the shooter is. Whatever the other revelation is had to be tied in with whatever else happened that night, and may have something to do with why there are shady looks between certain characters that up til now seemed to be just about the shooting and \\\\\\"who dunnit\\\\\\". And with Kate saying they lead into the winter viewing also makes it seem like new(ish) storyline threads.
    Yes, I also think that the rewind episode will fill in the gaps about what everyone was doing around the time that Robert was shot. This will also reveal any new character behaviour patterns and new storylines for the near future. Kate Oates said in a recent interview reported by Digital Spy that the episode was going to break from the usual story-telling method and instead to involve a non-linear theme, this suggests to me that we may see a sequence of scenes from different character viewpoints.

Emmerdale's producer Kate Oates explained: "This won't be the first time Emmerdale has broken its 'house style' of storytelling; but it will be the first time we've told a story in a non-linear way.

"What makes this 'rewind' episode special is that we won't just learn who shot Robert, but two other big secrets that will propel the show into an exciting, emotional and dramatic winter."

The special flashback episode is due to air at the end of October to tie in with the show's 43rd anniversary.

Read more at: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...rt-sugden.html

Telly Watcher posted on 28-09-15 13:46:
    >
    The reveal is meant to be the first-time ever method for a soap.

I was thinking of a sort-of series of scenes shown one after the other, with each scene showing the activities experienced by a different group of people. There was a 4-part series on ITV shown during 2012 about the sinking of the Titanic. Each part showed the lives and ends of a group of people as they experienced the sinking of the ship. For Emmerdale, maybe there could be something like one scene from people in the pub, one scene from people in the cafe, one scene from Chas, one scene from Aaron, one scene from Andy, one scene from Ross, a final one from Robert.

I think EastEnders might have done something like this in the Lucy storyline (I'm not knowledgeable on this though as I'm not an EastEnders viewer, so maybe this scene-series idea has been done before on a soap and the Emmerdale reveal is something else?).

Whatever the reveal is, it may come sooner than we think. Danny Miller suggested a short timescale. So 2-3 weeks?
    >
    Source:
    http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...610#post831610

The rewind episode seems due to be aired on UK TV during the week starting Monday 19th October 2015, which is about when the 43rd anniversary of Emmerdale first airing on UK TV happened.

"The first episode of Emmerdale Farm opened with the funeral of Jacob Sugden on 16 October 1972"
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmerdale

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    As well as the Robert plot, Emmerdale chiefs are promising to reveal two other shocking secrets in the flashback which will rock the village forever.
    Any ideas on what the other 2 are
    As for any future storylines, it really seems as if maybe Paddy did leave the Robblesfield/Hotton pub with Tess and got canoodling/up to something between themselves and to last long-term from that night.

The Kate Oates ITV interview suggests that storylines for Autumn/Winter 2015 include those for Pete/Ross and Andy/Robert ("brothers-at-war" with more fights and stuff), also one for Ashley/Laurel (does Ashley/Sandy have major storylines about Altzeimer's/dementia/memory loss or does Laurel's alcoholism resurface?), and how loud-mouth gossip-queen Kerry continues to work with Bernice and makes bad enemies with the Dingle family somehow (is this the adverse Zak/Lisa storyline around Christmas which has already been mentioned in earlier long-term spoilers?). These may be relatively minor storylines, however, as part of ongoing usual Emmerdale life. Although no mention was made of a baby-reveal for Adam and Johnny, I reckon this is one of the two big extra storylines which Kate Oates was talking about. I also think that the second big extra storyline involves a relationship between Paddy and Tess.

Source: "Autumn on Emmerdale" video
    http://www.itv.com/emmerdale/extras

Kate Oates said in a recent Digital Spy interview that she's in Emmerdale until Christmas, and that she likes fast storylines. Seems to me that there is now going to be a rush to complete anything Kate has set-up during her 3-year contract with Emmerdale.

"I'm here until Christmas and my storylines will be playing out into the New Year," she said. "This is my focus. I love it dearly and the people who work on it are my friends. We have all made this show together and we all invest all we can into it, so I'm not even thinking about my next move until after the New Year."

Source:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...-new-year.html

Kate Oates also recently said about fast-paced storylines:

"You can pick a timeframe I guess, and I like stories that go along with quite a pace. I felt with a storyline like this, where you've got five or six potential suspects, it's nice to pick them all off at a bit of a lick and keep the audience engaged over that period of time. It's just a judgement call and that's the way we chose to do it."

Source:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...d-stories.html

Paddy and Ashley both missing being filled in

Paddy and Ashley both missing being filled in
    I think Paddy being missing on the night of Robert's shooting may be explained by him being with Tess? Of course, Paddy wouldn't want this to be flagged up in police enquiries as then his relationship with Rhona would be jeopardised. The signs from spoilers/interviews, though, are that a Tess/Paddy ("Taddy"?) relationship does happen in due course.

Ashley missing on the night of Robert's shooting represents more of a problem. Did he have an epileptic seizure somewhere and was unconscious for hours? Or was this an Altzeimer's/Parkinson's memory-related lapse for a while? Maybe he was with Laurel to make some tribute arrangements following their previous big 2008 storyline for cot-death son, Daniel (died 21/02/2008)? Time will tell.

Sources:
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Dale+v.....-a0174902245
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurel_Potts

Videos at:
    Emmerdale Classic Heartbreak (Baby Daniel's Death Part 1)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb_xdDgghAI

Emmerdale Classic Heartbreak (Baby Daniel's Death Part 2)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch32-ljHGoY

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (01-10-2015), tammyy2j (03-10-2015)

Christmas soap spoilers: Emmerdale heartbreak

Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    Friday 2 Oct 2015 12:56 pm

Chas Dingle faces a terrifying ordeal at the hands of a vengeful stalker – but are they connected to Robert’s shooter or could someone else entirely be dead set on making her life a misery?

Eric continues to isolate David and, in the Dales’ very own tale of Scrooge, he gets three visitors from the past, present and future…

Ashley and Harriet face big challenges which casts doubt on the future of their relationship…

There is a traumatic Christmas ahead for the Dingles as heartache threatens to shatter Zak and Lisa.

In the aftermath of the reveal of Robert’s shooter, the village continues to feel the tremors of the aftermath and someone else is hiding a secret that could spoil the festive season

Bernice throws a New Year bash at Home Farm – which promises to be a night to remember…

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/02/christ...break-5418200/

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

lizann (02-10-2015), shaine1811 (02-10-2015), TaintedLove (05-10-2015), tammyy2j (03-10-2015), Vikki (02-10-2015)

If Paddy cheated with Tess the night of the shooting it was quick as he was walking back to Emmerdale when Marlon in his taxi meet him

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (03-10-2015)

As Paddy has been mentioned - how did he break his glasses on the night of the shooting? I doubt he could be the shooter particularly if he had no glasses. I think Tess probably had a car and gave him a lift and something occurred and she turfed him out and maybe that's when he broke his glasses.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheetah For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (06-10-2015)

If Paddy cheated with Tess the night of the shooting it was quick as he was walking back to Emmerdale when Marlon in his taxi meet him
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    As Paddy has been mentioned - how did he break his glasses on the night of the shooting? I doubt he could be the shooter particularly if he had no glasses. I think Tess probably had a car and gave him a lift and something occurred and she turfed him out and maybe that's when he broke his glasses.
    Marlon was returning to Emmerdale in a taxi on Friday evening September 25th when he passed by Paddy and stopped the taxi, about 2 minutes walk away from the village according to Paddy at the time. Paddy said he'd had a taxi but not enough money for the journey so had to walk from Robblesfield (3 miles, say an hour to walk) so this implies that Marlon spent say an hour extra in the bar with Chloe. Paddy and Tess left the bar at the same time soon after arriving and meeting each other (although they pretended not to like each though and were leaving separately).

If Paddy did leave to go off with Tess (and I think they did as we know from spoilers that Paddy and Tess do have a big storyline coming up very soon), I suppose she could have taken him to her car/house for canoodling etc and then back to Emmerdale eventually to drop him off say 5 minutes walk away in the lane so as not to let any other villagers know about them being together. This means that however long Marlon's extra time was in the bar with Chloe after Paddy left (say one hour) would be how much time Paddy and Tess had alone together.

And yes, somehow Paddy broke his glasses but we don't know how and when yet. My guess is that it happened when things got 'hot and heavy' between him and Tess in her car/at her place and what caused the glasses to break should be explained in 'rewind' episode. When Marlon later stopped the taxi to talk to Paddy (2 minutes walk from the village), a police car with flashing blue lights also passed by, so Robert had already been shot by then. This does show that Paddy was in the area of the village when Robert was shot though.

Of course, if Paddy had got back to the village in time to shoot Robert himself as his intended target, his glasses could have been broken after this. After shooting Robert he would have been able to walk from the Woolpack rear car park, follow the field fence for some distance and then rejoin the road from Robblesfield to then walk towards his house next to the bus shelter.

Also, if Paddy was Robert's shooter and not had his glasses, then he might not have been able to see too clearly in focus and able to be certain of firing properly towards Robert. This does mean that he could have been aiming at Chas but hit Robert instead. I don't know yet of a motive for Paddy to shoot at Chas though.

We also know that Paddy has a big storyline coming up with Tess, so this means that Paddy won't be Robert's shooter (assuming the police solve the crime in the 'rewind' episode). In the same way, we don't know where Ross or Cain were when Robert was shot, but because these have Christmas-time storylines too it won't be Ross or Cain as Robert's shooter either.
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 07-10-2015 at 22:37.

Emmerdale spoilers: Returns, shock exits and secrets revealed in huge winter storylines

Duncan Lindsay for Metro.co.uk
    Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 4:46 pm

Emmerdale have had a huge year with the dramatic helicopter crash, the sizzling affair of Robert and Aaron and the killr feud between Ross and Pete Barton.

And they were amply rewarded for pulling out all of the stops when Inside Soap readers voted them to victory in 8 of the categories, including best soap. With Kate Oates departing Emmerdale to head for the cobbles of Corrie, she has been quick to reassure everyone that her focus remains purely on the village soap right now.

And the imminent storylines prove she is true to her word – if you were expecting Emmerdale to quieten down over winter, then think again. Here’s what is coming up.

The return of Charity

Charity is heading back – and let’s not forget what she said to Cain before she was sent down for a stretch inside. Cain and Moira are both fully aware that Charity will want her claws into her man – and they are ready for it so viewers can expect some fireworks.

Another person who will be affected by Charity’s comeback is Ross, who is now starting to bond with baby Moses. But how will they react to each other when they come face to face? And if Cain is off the table, who else could Charity set her eyes on?

Robert’s redemption

There is a long road ahead for Robert following his shooting – and the drama is far from over. Viewers will discover who pulled the trigger in a special flashback episode in October but the aftermath will continue to affect a large group of residents.

And the question remains – what kind of Robert will we find waking up from his coma? Will he be a changed man and could there ever be a way for him to repair his relationships with Andy and Aaron? Kate Oates certainly hasn’t ruled out a redemption for the character.

She told Inside Soap: ‘I absolutely think there is [a way back for Robert and Aaron]. It just has to be earned because Aaron is a very moral character. But with the right story, there’s always a way back.’

Let’s just say there could be signs in upcoming scenes that the two boys care for each other still…

Things get dark for Chas and Aaron

Chastity and Aaron are tipped for a dark story that will take them into new territory towards the end of the year and beyond. We are about to see someone cause misery for Chas in a campaign of stalking – but is Emma the one who is responsible? And what could be in store for Aaron and Chas? It promises to have potentially life-changing consequences for both characters…

Nikhil is back – so look out Jai

Nikhil left screens in 2013 for a new life in Canada with daughter Molly following the tragic death of his wife Gennie, but will be drawn back to the Yorkshire Dales as part of an "exciting storyline". Jai is fast going off the rails so it will be a welcome face for the Sharmas when Nikhil reappears. More confident than before, Nikhil will be a force to be reckoned with for Jai. Viewers will also see him rekindle his much adored bromance with David which will help David overcome losing Alicia.

And how will Brenda feel to be reunited with her granddaughter Molly – and memories of her late daughter Gennie?

A turning point for Eric

While it seems there is no way back for troubled Eric Pollard right now, a heartwarming Christmas Carol-esque story will see a turning point for the grieving local this winter. Visited by elements of the past, present and future, Eric is forced to finally confront his demons and make a breakthrough that should put him on the road to recovery.

Debbie’s dramatic exit

Debbie will find herself repeatedly pulled back to Ross – but this decision looks set to have unpleasant circumstances that will drive her out of the village. With Charley Webb going on maternity leave, viewers can expect to see Debbie leave under a dark cloud as her friends and family react badly to her addiction to Ross.

But when she goes, will Ross follow?

Rakesh’s betrayal exposed

The secret of baby Johnny’s paternity has been plaguing viewers for months – just when will Kirin and Adam find out the truth about what Rakesh did? There isn’t long to wait, with the reveal tipped to be executed in a clever way.

As all parties are left reeling by the devastating revelations, Rakesh will end up desperately regretting his actions. And how will Adam cope to learn that his son isn’t actually his after all? And will the realisation that they have a child together pull Kirin and Vanessa back together?

Bernice and Lawrence – will they wed?

Viewers have been enjoying this unexpected coupling that somehow just works really well. And with Lawrence having popped the question, there could be wedding bells on the horizon. But there are destined to be a fair few stumbling blocks that could prevent that day ever happening – can the couple overcome them and be together? Or are they destined for heartbreak?

Plus!

David could well find romance in his post-Alicia days – but he might miss some signals from Dales ladies that are staring him right in the face!

Chrissie is another character tipped for romance. We have already seen sparks fly between her and Rakesh – could it lead to a full blown affair? Or will Chrissie find her bed warmed by someone different entirely.

The Dingles could be set for serious heartbreak this Christmas which is set to have heartbreaking consequences for Zak and Lisa…

Paddy has a secret he wants to keep hidden from Rhona – he has been acting very strangely of late. But is it connected to Robert’s shooting or could it be something else completely?

Ashley and Harriet are also expected to face a new challenge which could put their relationship under strain. Please don’t say those are sparks we see between Harriet and Bob…

Source:
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/10/06/emmerd...lines-5424975/

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (07-10-2015), swatson (07-10-2015)

Thread Information