Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 30th Anniversary - 16 to 20 of February 2015

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    EastEnders' live week will now start from Tuesday, February 17, it has been revealed.

The live episodes of the BBC soap were originally expected to air from the Monday. The schedule change is thought to be the result of the BBC's FA Cup football coverage.

The serial will broadcast a 30-minute live episode and a Lucy Beale flashback episode during the week.

The other instalments airing that week will also include live elements.

Meanwhile, EastEnders' 30th anniversary will be marked with two special broadcasts on Radio 2 next month.

Executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins has also promised that "there will be justice" at the end of the Linda Carter and Dean Wicks rape storyline.
    I thought whole week episodes were all live

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I thought whole week episodes were all live
    No, they've always said one episode would be completely live and the others would include live elements.

EastEnders bosses have revealed the official schedule for the show's 30th anniversary week.

Fans have been told to expect an unmissable "week of revelations" next month as the BBC soap reaches its milestone and finally reveals who killed Lucy Beale.

Lucy Beale and her murder suspects.
    © BBC

Kicking off from Tuesday February 17, the big week will consist of five episodes in total. Four of these will run for 30 minutes and one will be an hour-long special.

Billed as the show's Live Week, all of the episodes will contain live elements. Highlights will include the one-off flashback episode exploring Lucy's final moments on Thursday February 19, while the full 30-minute live edition will follow on Friday February 20.

EastEnders will also be accompanied by companion shows on BBC One, with a special EastEnders-themed edition of The Graham Norton Show airing on Monday February 16.

Norton will be joined by a lineup of the show's best-known stars, including June Brown, Pam St Clement, Adam Woodyatt, Letitia Dean, Kellie Bright, John Altman, Jessie Wallace, Shane Richie, Danny Dyer and newest signing Richard Blackwood.

The live episode on Friday will be followed by another special called EastEnders: Backstage Live, which will see presenter Zoe Ball get exclusive access to the cast and crew on set following a dramatic night for Walford.

Alongside fellow hosts Ore Oduba and Joe Swash, Ball will be getting instant reactions from the EastEnders team after the evening's events, as well as revealing how the anniversary episodes were put together.

The full schedule follows below:

Monday, February 16
    10.45pm: The Graham Norton Show EastEnders Special

Tuesday, February 17
    7.30pm: EastEnders (30-minute episode - includes live elements)

Wednesday, February 18
    8.00pm: EastEnders (30-minute episode - includes live elements)

Thursday, February 19 - Lucy Beale's killer revealed tonight
    7.30pm: EastEnders (Hour-long episode - includes live elements)
    9.30pm: EastEnders (30-minute Lucy Beale flashback episode - includes live elements)

Friday, February 20
    8.00pm: EastEnders (Full 30-minute live episode)
    8.30pm: EastEnders: Backstage Live (with a live switchover to BBC Three at 9pm)

Hetti Bywater as Lucy Beale in EastEnders
    © BBC
    Hetti Bywater as Lucy Beale

BBC One's controller Charlotte Moore commented: "BBC One will mark the 30th anniversary of its flagship series with the most ambitious week of live television drama ever attempted. The truth will out as Lucy Beale's killer is finally exposed to the nation.

"Alongside the unmissable drama, we have a Graham Norton special and Zoe Ball will present a live backstage show with Ore Oduba and Joe Swash to complete proceedings - it's going to be off the scale!"

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: "As we celebrate our 30th anniversary, we have set ourselves an enormous challenge - a week of live scenes, a form-breaking flashback, a live episode, story twists that will leave a lump in the throat and a few moments that will elicit genuine gasps from our audience.

"Having the week bookmarked with some of our most iconic characters on Graham's sofa and Zoe's live aftermath show coming direct from Albert Square as the dust is just settling, elevates this into the biggest week ever for EastEnders fans old and new."
    Last edited by Perdita; 30-01-2015 at 17:18.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (07-02-2015), Jessie Wallace (01-02-2015), lizann (30-01-2015), tammyy2j (30-01-2015)

Exclamation EastEnders Spoilers 16th - 20th February 2015

Airs Tuesday, Feb 17 2015 at 19:30 GMT on BBC One

Peggy Mitchell is back in Albert Square, but why has she returned?

Meanwhile, it's the night of Ian and Jane's wedding, but with secrets set to be exposed, will everything go to plan?

Barbara Windsor as Peggy Mitchell
    © BBC

Airs Wednesday, Feb 18 2015 at 20:00 GMT on BBC One

Tanya and Christian return to Albert Square for the wedding.

Meanwhile, as we get closer to discovering who killed Lucy Beale, the pressure grows for Jane and Ian. Can they go through with the wedding?

Elsewhere, a familiar face returns to Albert Square, leaving one resident fuming.

Jo Joyner as Tanya Branning.
    © BBC

More spoilers to follow

Thursday, 19th February at 9.30 - 10PM

EastEnders goes back in time to Good Friday 2014. In this special flashback episode, viewers will finally see exactly what happened to Lucy on that fateful night.
    This episode will fill in the blanks and answer questions that have been haunting the residents of Walford since last year.

Friday 20 February, 8.00-8.30pm BBC1

With the truth about Lucy now out, certain residents must face the brutal truth about her death.

And as other secrets and revelations come to light, will things ever be the same for the residents of Albert Square?

This episode is fully live.
    Last edited by Perdita; 07-02-2015 at 05:52.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (06-02-2015), tammyy2j (05-02-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Airs Tuesday, Feb 17 2015 at 19:30 GMT on BBC One

Peggy Mitchell is back in Albert Square, but why has she returned?

Meanwhile, it's the night of Ian and Jane's wedding, but with secrets set to be exposed, will everything go to plan?

© BBC

Airs Wednesday, Feb 18 2015 at 20:00 GMT on BBC One

Tanya and Christian return to Albert Square for the wedding.

Meanwhile, as we get closer to discovering who killed Lucy Beale, the pressure grows for Jane and Ian. Can they go through with the wedding?

Elsewhere, a familiar face returns to Albert Square, leaving one resident fuming.

© BBC

More spoilers to follow
    Probably better in this thread too

Last edited by tammyy2j; 05-02-2015 at 22:02.

The first ever episode of EastEnders will be shown as part of the soap's 30th anniversary later this month.

It will be available via the BBC's Red Button from 3am on Monday, February 16.

Den and Angie Watts in the Vic
    © BBC
    Den and Angie Watts in the Vic

The 1985 episode's description reads: "In the first visit to Albert Square, the fate of missing resident Reg Cox is revealed to Den, Arthur and Ali when they break into his flat. Dr Legg is quickly called to the scene.

"Meanwhile, Pauline and Arthur reveal a secret to Lou and Nick Cotton causes trouble in the Queen Vic."

© BBC

Final schedules for the anniversary week released yesterday have revealed EastEnders faces a brief crossover with Emmerdale, for 15 minutes on Thursday, February 19.

The full schedule for the anniversary week will see five episodes aired on BBC One.

Lucy's funeral service arrives
    © BBC

90 minutes of EastEnders in total will air on February 19 - with an hour-long episode and a special flashback edition at 9.30pm revealing for the very first time Lucy Beale's final moments.

EastEnders' full 30-minute live episode will air the following evening on February 20, but all of the other broadcasts that week will include some live elements.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (07-02-2015)

Kat Moon will furiously lash out at Sonia Fowler on EastEnders later this month, as her personal problems escalate.

Sonia (Natalie Cassidy) will bear the brunt of Kat's drunken behaviour at Ian and Jane Beale's wedding, resulting in a dramatic showdown between the pair.

Although Kat (Jessie Wallace) agrees to attend the wedding with her estranged husband Alfie, any hopes for a reconciliation are crushed as she starts knocking back drinks. This causes Alfie to become increasingly fed up with her out-of-control behaviour.

The day then goes from bad to worse as Kat grows jealous of Alfie (Shane Richie) and soon spots Sonia staring at her. When Sonia confronts a drunken Kat about her frosty behaviour, Kat takes things too far and pushes Sonia's face into the wedding cake.

With everyone shocked by the commotion, Alfie intervenes and desperately tries to get through to Kat, but has she gone too far this time?

Kat lashes out at Sonia.
    © BBC
    Kat lashes out at Sonia.

Kat pushes Sonia's face into the wedding cake.
    © BBC
    Kat pushes Sonia's face into the wedding cake.

Alfie attempts to intervene.
    © BBC
    Alfie attempts to intervene.

Kat takes things too far.
    © BBC
    Kat takes things too far.

Sonia bears the brunt of Kat's anger.
    © BBC
    Sonia bears the brunt of Kat's anger.

EastEnders airs these scenes on Thursday, February 19 at 7.30pm during an hour-long special to celebrate the show's anniversary. This episode will feature live elements.

New EastEnders pictures have been released offering a first look at the moment that Peggy Mitchell comes face-to-face with the Queen Vic's newest landlord Mick Carter.

Peggy, played by Barbara Windsor, is returning to Walford for one episode which will air as part of the BBC soap's 30th anniversary celebrations next week.

© BBC
    Danny Dyer and Barbara Windsor in The Vic

While Peggy has other reasons for heading back to Albert Square, she can't resist paying a visit to The Vic and fans can look forward to a must-see scene as she meets Mick for the first time.

Danny Dyer, who plays Mick, has revealed that he was delighted to have the opportunity to briefly work alongside Windsor.

"It was a real moment when I got told because for me, I think EastEnders had some of its best moments when Barbara was at the helm," Dyer explained. "So it was a shame that when I came in, Barbara was no longer in the show. So when I was told Barbara was coming back for an episode and doing a scene with me, it was just a real moment of like, 'Wow, wow, it's gonna happen!'

"I think we were both a little bit nervous, to be honest with you. I was a bit nervous obviously because Barbara was the matriarch. It's an intimidating place to act in The Vic, so we were both nervous together and I think that worked beautifully. She's a beautiful lady and I think we both inspired each other in different ways."

© BBC

© BBC

He added: "I've known Barbara for a little while but not well. But she was lovely. She wound me up and said, 'Oi you, I want a word with you!' I was like, 'Oh no, here we go', and then she wound me up and gave me a big cuddle. It was lovely to be around her. Barbara is a real force and a real presence and a massive EastEnders fan. She gave me the thumbs up which is a massive thing!"

EastEnders airs these scenes on Tuesday, February 17 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

I can barely contain my excitement. I for one just cannot wait for the return of this fantastic actress who will breath new life into the show with her fantastic acting abilities. Such a shame that the licence payers could not afford to fund her for a full time return. To me she epitomises Eastenders and the show is a poorer place without her talents.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-02-2015), Glen1 (12-02-2015), lizann (09-02-2015), maidmarian (09-02-2015), moonstorm (09-02-2015), parkerman (09-02-2015), tammyy2j (10-02-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post

While Peggy has other reasons for heading back to Albert Square, she can't resist paying a visit to The Vic and fans can look forward to a must-see scene as she meets Mick for the first time.
    Well I for one can't wait for this momentous moment in television history.

It will be the highlight of the Eastenders year and especially the week. All the other stories, the reveal of Lucy's murderer, the ongoing Linda/Dean rape story, Nick and Dot Cotton, Ian and Jane's wedding, will all pale into insignificance beside this. It will be spoken of for another 30 years.

I think - mind, I'm not sure, but I think, she sells him a Bingo ticket.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-02-2015), Glen1 (12-02-2015), lizann (09-02-2015), maidmarian (09-02-2015), moonstorm (09-02-2015), tammyy2j (10-02-2015)

Thread Information