Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Simon Barlow

Leaving summer 2024

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (26-12-2023), Ruffed_lemur (26-12-2023), tammyy2j (30-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Leaving summer 2024
    no loss

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

LouiseP (26-12-2023), Perdita (27-12-2023), tammyy2j (30-12-2023)

Shan?t miss that sulky, sullen face.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LouiseP For This Useful Post:

lizann (31-12-2023), Perdita (27-12-2023), tammyy2j (30-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Leaving summer 2024
    I'd prefer sooner

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (31-12-2023), Perdita (31-12-2023)

Coronatiohttps://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a46499406/coronation-street-spoilers-simon-barlow-new-job/n

Coronation Street's Street's Simon Barlow will land a new job next week, after Carla Barlow sacks him from his role at the Underworld factory.

Simon experiences a difficult week at work this week, after new arrival Bobby winds him up, but Simon's attitude doesn't help matters. When he shows up late and then refuses to make a delivery, Carla eventually decides to take action.

As next week arrives, Carla, who has had enough of his continuous bad attitude, informs Simon that he's lost his job. He wakes up with a terrible hangover following yet another night of drinking, before he realises with horror that he has spilt his beer over Nick Tilsley's paperwork.

Simon quickly hides the damaged paperwork and as Nick searches for it, Simon makes out that he hasn't seen the papers and offers to go and print them off for him.

After Simon calls into the Bistro with the newly-printed paperwork, Nick thanks him. He then urges Leanne Battersby to try and persuade Carla to reinstate Simon at the factory.

Leanne heads off to see Carla and urges her to give Simon another chance at Underworld. She explains that Simon has been strongly affected by his dad Peter's sudden departure at Christmas, and feels that he could use some direction.

However, later in the week, Simon reveals that Carla has taken Bobby on at the factory in his place. Leanne offers to speak to Carla again, but Simon asks her not to.

Later on, Leanne overrules Nick and offers Simon a job at the Bistro instead. After Simon starts his new job, Bobby suggests that they should have a lock-in ? and Simon feels tempted.

Is Simon about to blow it at the Bistro in his very first week?

Simon will reportedly be leaving the cobbles this summer, with actor Alex Bain said to be exiting Coronation Street after 15 years.
    Last edited by Perdita; 23-01-2024 at 18:26.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (25-01-2024)

He is reportedly leaving in the summer but was that his exit? Sleeping on the street? Or do we have to put up with this character a bit longer?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...ishes-filming/

Coronation Street star Alex Bain has confirmed he has finished filming after 16 years on the soap.

The actor shared an emotional post on Instagram yesterday (April 18) to reveal the news, as he also sent "love" to his Coronation Street family.

"That's a wrap for Simon Barlow everyone!" he captioned a boomerang from his dressing room. "Thank you to all at Coronation Street for the best 15 years of my life! PS: I'm gonna miss this coat seriously!"

In a follow-up post from outside the show's studio, Alex added: "Might be grey skies, but I adore this place so much! Love you all my Corrie Family!"

The star's exit was first reported last year, with Alex said to want to pursue other opportunities and will depart with an "explosive" storyline.

He subsequently addressed the rumours in a series of posts in his Instagram Stories, writing last month: "Well my day is done! Nice and short day today! I'm gonna miss this little space [so] dearly when I go! So glad I've got some shooting days left! So thankful."

Last week, the actor teased the build-up to his final day on set, sharing from his dressing room: "I can't believe this is nearly over! I am going to miss this place so dearly!"

Alex's character Simon has recently been trying to turn his life around after being sentenced to community service and a six-month driving ban after driving under the influence with Sam Blakeman.

He has been getting guidance from a group called The Institute, which is actually a cult led by charismatic leader Rowan Cunliffe.

Thread Information