Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Max Turner Platt

Coronation Street has revealed details of a new storyline for Max Turner, which will be the first featuring new Max actor Paddy Bever.

The soap announced last week that previous Max actor Harry McDermott had stepped down after 11 years in the role, with Paddy now taking over for future storylines.

Fans will first see Paddy in action as Max next week, when he clashes with new teacher Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard) at school.

As Daniel heads off to begin his teaching placement, his dad Ken Barlow (William Roache) ? who used to be a teacher himself ? couldn't be more proud of his son.

But Daniel soon realises that his new job is going to be far from easy as Max starts playing up in class.

When Max's adoptive dad David Platt (Jack P Shepherd) hears about Max's behaviour, he tells him off for messing about in class ? but, showing no remorse, Max simply storms off.

Later in the week, David is concerned when Max says he thinks school's a waste of time. When Max fails to hand in his homework, Daniel gives him a detention, but Max still claims that he doesn't care.

When David later suggests to Daniel that Max could benefit from extra tutoring, Daniel makes excuses.

Is this the start of a pattern of bad behaviour for Max?

This isn't the first time that David has faced a challenge with Max, who is the son of David's late wife, Kylie Platt (Paula Lane), and her ex, Callum Logan (Sean Ward).

Max's brief reunion with Callum caused David a great deal of stress. Max's diagnosis with ADHD, and his later decision to stop taking his medication, was also a big development for the family.

Digital Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    The new guy looks like Max has aged a fair bit over night. Wonder if he'll start hanging around with the 'teens' as a result!
    was max the same age as jack and liam and joseph?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    was max the same age as jack and liam and joseph?
    Think Max is a bit older, about 14 or 15 now, Joseph is around 10, Liam maybe 11 or 12 as is Jack.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (18-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Think Max is a bit older, about 14 or 15 now, Joseph is around 10, Liam maybe 11 or 12 as is Jack.
    and sam?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    and sam?
    10 years old now

A bad recast

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...res-storyline/

Coronation Street's Max Turner has recently found himself a love interest in Sonya, following his expulsion from school after a series of revenge attempts on Daniel Osbourne.
    While he seems very smitten, upcoming scenes will see things take a bad turn as nude photographs he sends end up in the hands of someone he doesn't want to have them, with the soap hinting that 'Sonya' is actually a catfish.
    Speaking to The Mirror at the British Soap Awards on Saturday (June 11) about how the toxic masculinity aspect of the storyline differs from Asha Alahan's storyline from years ago, actor Paddy Bever said: "I think it was very important to me to be very focused and to get it very right because this genuinely affects so many people.
    "I even know tens of people this has happened to at a very young age and it really does happen. What could make someone more vulnerable than a photo of that? I don't know. I think it's a turning point, I really do.
    "With Max's, you're going to see it from more of a male perspective and you're going to see a lot of toxic masculinity, a lot of bravado and a lot of fear that I think Max feels quite ashamed of... because he's a boy, his mates are boys, it's a very different situation.
    "I did a lot of research into the new laws that have come about more recently and sort of where Max's head would be at. Because he's a 15-year-old with a laptop.
    "I think when I spoke to lots of people that have been affected by this, it's genuinely horrifying to see this epidemic. It really is an epidemic."
    Coronation Street airs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8pm on ITV and streams on the ITV Hub.
    Note: For information and support regarding sexting, ChildLine and the NSPCC have online pages and hotlines for children and parents.
    Readers who are affected by the issues raised in this story are encouraged to contact the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 (www.nspcc.org.uk). Readers in the US are encouraged to contact the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline on (1-800-422-4453) or the American SPCC (www.americanspcc.org).

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...r-blackmailed/

Coronation Street's Max Turner is blackmailed in a catfishing scam next week.

The Weatherfield teen has recently grown close to his new schoolmate Sonya and has also been exchanging messages with her online ? or so he thought.

In next week's episodes, Max prepares for a date with Sonya and receives another message which appears to be from her.

The message asks Max to send a naked photograph so that Sonya can see what to expect.

Max is surprised by the request, but as he returns home unbuttoning his shirt, it's clear that he's prepared to go along with it.

Later, when they meet for dinner, Sonya tells Max that she has never received any messages from him and has never sent any back.

The teens are horrified to realise that someone has set them up in a catfishing scam.

Shortly afterwards, Max's worries get worse when he receives a message demanding ?1,000 otherwise his naked picture will go viral.

Max decides to seek advice from his stepdad David Platt, asking if they can pay the blackmailer.

David thinks about the possibility but rules it out, telling Max to go to school and front it out.

At the bus stop, Max's so-called friends Chris and Blake take the mickey out of him, quoting the messages that he thought he was sending to Sonya.

With Max in turmoil, will his tormentors follow through with their threats and share the photo?

Paddy Bever, who plays Max, recently spoke about this story for the first time and explained how it will explore toxic masculinity.

He told The Mirror: "You're going to see it from more of a male perspective and you're going to see a lot of toxic masculinity, a lot of bravado and a lot of fear that I think Max feels quite ashamed of... because he's a boy, his mates are boys, it's a very different situation.

"I did a lot of research into the new laws that have come about more recently and sort of where Max's head would be at. Because he's a 15-year-old with a laptop.

"I think when I spoke to lots of people that have been affected by this, it's genuinely horrifying to see this epidemic. It really is an epidemic."

For information and support regarding sexting, ChildLine and the NSPCC have online pages and hotlines for children and parents.

Readers who are affected by the issues raised in this story are encouraged to contact the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 (www.nspcc.org.uk). Readers in the US are encouraged to contact the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline on (1-800-422-4453) or the American SPCC (www.americanspcc.org).

Max Turner to be groomed by extremists.

Coronation Street is to highlight the issue of the grooming of disenfranchised and impressionable young men in a hard hitting storyline.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...onsiders-exit/

Coronation Street's Max Turner considers his future in Weatherfield next month after realising what evil Griff Reynolds is capable of.

The teenager has been lured into Griff's extremist gang over the past few weeks, doing his bidding by making online videos which spread racist hatred and propaganda.

As we've previously reported, upcoming scenes see Max start to question his loyalties when he realises that Griff may be planning something dangerous at the Weatherfield Peace Market.

Max becomes suspicious when he learns that Lauren Bolton's father, who's also part of the gang, has warned her to stay away from the market. He realises that it's time to raise the alarm by calling the police.

In the aftermath, Max is questioned at the police station over his involvement in the gang, but he ends up being released without charge.

David tries to stand by his son, but Gail refuses to support Max after the trouble he has brought to their door.

Shortly afterwards, Max is horrified when Griff pays a sinister visit to the Platt house.

Daryan Zahawi tips off David that he tried to visit Max and heard him arguing with someone inside the house.

David rushes over and intervenes, resulting in a fight between him and Griff.

Later in the week, Spider Nugent encourages David to persist with Max, insisting that the schoolboy is a good kid deep down.

Max is torn when Lauren meets up with him and announces plans to stay with her mum in Devon.

Lauren suggests that Max should join her, as they seem to be public enemy number one after their connections to Griff. Will Max agree?

Thread Information