Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Faye Windass

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    I've always liked Faye and our 11 yr old daughter(who's slowly becoming another soap fan) really likes Faye(and Belle in Emmerdale). BUT-if they are writing a storyline like this to Faye I don't want her to see it. I have to stop watching Corrie as she's watching with me. I do hope-IF they go that way-that at least they would write it very difficult..yes, rape(terrible to wish something like that),and abortion route..as lots of young girls are watching and otherwise thinking that it's easy to have a baby.
    As if Anna and Owen hasn't had enough problems??!
    And there's nothing new in this storyline: Sarah Platt..and recently nearly everyone on the street has had unwanted pregnancies!
    I do hope they don't go on the abortion route. So many times over and over again that is thought of. As soon as anyone is pregnant! Surely it shouldn't be taken so lightly?

I think they will abort. Gail let Sarah make her own mind up in the end but doubt if Anna, Owen and Tim will let faye have that option. Faye probably wont want to have the baby as well as her upbringing not so good. Maybe they give the baby to carla.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I do hope they don't go on the abortion route. So many times over and over again that is thought of. As soon as anyone is pregnant! Surely it shouldn't be taken so lightly?
    Do you really think that having abortion in any circumstances - but especially at the age of 12-13- would be easy??? At that age, definitely the right decision.
    Usually abortion is the first thought anyway when someone is having unwanted pregnancy. I just hope they actually go with it in Faye's case.
    Last edited by mariba; 21-06-2014 at 08:07.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

Perdita (21-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Maybe they give the baby to carla.
    I can't see Carla wanting any other baby apart from her own.

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    Do you really think that having abortion in any circumstances - but especially at the age of 12-13- would be easy??? At that age, definitely the right decision.
    Usually abortion is the first thought anyway when someone is having unwanted pregnancy. I just hope they actually go with it in Faye's case.
    No, I would never think it's easy. It shouldn't be. I meant the soaps take abortion lightly. It even came up with Carla! Then when she wanted the baby she lost it. They always seem to go down that route. They just don't give people time to get used to the idea of being pregnant before they make for the clinic. I don't think abortion should be the first thought anyway, and hope they don't do this. Faye could live to regret it.

I think this is a very sensitive topic and people will have strong views on it particularly when it impacts on a 12 year old. Abortion is not an easy option but agree it seems to pop up a lot in soaps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (21-06-2014)

I think this is a very sensitive topic and people will have strong views on it particularly when it impacts on a 12 year old. Abortion is not an easy option but agree it seems to pop up a lot in soaps.
    Far too often.

To be fair though, most of them can't go through with the abortion in the end. Soaps always wring the maximum amount of drama from every situation, so for every unplanned pregnancy an abortion has to be considered to up the ante. It's not usually shown as an easy decision, although the long-term consequences of having an abortion aren't very often shown (although this is true of most situations in soaps).

I had an unplanned pregnancy as a teenager (a lot older than Faye though!) and didn't contemplate an abortion, but it's the advice I got from all sides. So I think it's realistic that it is people's first thought in the majority of these cases.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-06-2014), swmc66 (22-06-2014)

I think they will abort. Gail let Sarah make her own mind up in the end but doubt if Anna, Owen and Tim will let faye have that option. Faye probably wont want to have the baby as well as her upbringing not so good. Maybe they give the baby to carla.
    i could see anna being against abortion

i could see anna being against abortion

Thread Information