Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Faye Windass

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Well it was a bit of an emergency!
    Exactly!

I am confused to how all this is Owens fault. Yes he had all that problem with Phelan and they lost everything and yes his wife came recently and that caused problems.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

lizann (11-04-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I am confused to how all this is Owens fault. Yes he had all that problem with Phelan and they lost everything and yes his wife came recently and that caused problems.
    Much as I dislike Owen it's not all his fault. They all played a part in the family's misfortunes and Anna's certainly in the wrong about not listening to Faye. I think she was just lashing out at him as people who fall out of love with each other tend to do.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (12-04-2015), swmc66 (12-04-2015)

Faye to make a big decision” about Miley's future, reveals Debbie Rush
    "Anna and Tim have really been supporting Faye and they do come to realise that not every mum loves their child"
    Corrie viewers have already seen teen mum Faye Windass (Ellie Leach) struggle in the wake of giving birth to daughter Miley. But now, it seems, the situation is set to reach crisis point.
    “Faye makes a big decision,” actress Debbie Rush – who plays Faye’s adoptive mum Anna – told RadioTimes.com on the red carpet at the British Soap Awards. “Both Anna and Tim have really been supporting Faye and they do come to realise that not every mum loves their child. Between them, they’re going to do what’s best for the baby.”
    Viewers have already seen Anna trying to get Faye to take responsibility for her newborn. But Anna will soon discover that she's fighting a losing battle.
    "Faye has made it plainly obvious that she isn't very happy about the baby. The audience will know that. What we'll see now is that however much she tries to be kind, there’s no nurturing involved whatsoever. She’s just not got a nurturing bone in her because she’s only a child."
    Yet despite the fact that Faye is proving to be uninterested in parenthood, Rush believes that Anna's efforts should be recognised. "Anna's tough love approach is quite good because need to show our young society that it’s not a bed of roses and they’ve got to take some responsibility. I’m really pleased with the way it went."
    As for the future for Anna, actress Rush teased that her character might become less beleaguered in the months ahead, particularly when it comes to comic scenes with sparring partner Sally Webster.
    "There's more of that coming up. We’ve had three years of downtrodden Anna and I’m really grateful for the storylines. But this might feel like a whole new role again. It’ll keep things spiced up!"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-05-2015), tammyy2j (17-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Yet despite the fact that Faye is proving to be uninterested in parenthood, Rush believes that Anna's efforts should be recognised. "Anna's tough love approach is quite good because need to show our young society that it’s not a bed of roses and they’ve got to take some responsibility. I’m really pleased with the way it went."
    There's a big difference between tough love and being controlling and spiteful dear. Shaming your young daughter in front of her friends will encourage resentment not responsibility!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

chartreuse (18-05-2015), maidmarian (17-05-2015), mariba (18-05-2015), parkerman (17-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    There's a big difference between tough love and being controlling and spiteful dear. Shaming your young daughter in front of her friends will encourage resentment not responsibility!
    Exactly!!
    To do it to any child would be horrendous-
    to do it a girl with previous history of neglect
    and abuse and lack of stability is doubly so.

Annas portrayal is insulting to those fosterers
    who give stability to children from troubled
    backgrounds and also to fostering staff on
    councils etc who I am sure would have
    monitored the progression from fostering
    to adoption more thoroughly.
    Last edited by maidmarian; 17-05-2015 at 22:32. Reason: spelling

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

chartreuse (18-05-2015), Dazzle (17-05-2015), Glen1 (20-05-2015), mariba (18-05-2015), parkerman (17-05-2015), Perdita (18-05-2015)

Dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 17-05-2015 at 22:32.

Actually quite disturbing what the actress Debbie Rush thinks of her character..I'm totally shocked that she thinks her behaviour towards Faye is 'tough love' and not abuse!
    I have a 12 year old daughter myself and the thought that I would in any circumstances go to her school and embarrass her in front of her friends!! - is just so awful! Remember too what she said, that 'Faye you should have thought about that before dropping down your knickers at the ice rink!' Just terrible...Anna is just mad! She didn't think of Faye at all-she's impulsive, crazy bitch, that's all. If she can't cope, she can ask for help from social services and give the baby for fostering or let Sally&Tim take over. Tim is far better dad than the mother Anna has never been.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-05-2015), Glen1 (20-05-2015), maidmarian (18-05-2015), parkerman (18-05-2015)

Actually quite disturbing what the actress Debbie Rush thinks of her character..I'm totally shocked that she thinks Anna's behaviour towards Faye is 'tough love' and not abuse!
    I have a 12 year old daughter myself and the thought that I would in any circumstances go to her school and embarrass her in front of her friends!! - is just so awful! Remember too what she said, that 'Faye you should have thought about that before dropping down your knickers at the ice rink!' Just terrible...Anna is just mad! She didn't think of Faye at all-she's impulsive, crazy bitch, that's all. If she can't cope, she can ask for help from social services and give the baby for fostering or let Sally&Tim take over. Tim is far better dad than the mother Anna has never been.
    Last edited by mariba; 18-05-2015 at 08:55.

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    Actually quite disturbing what the actress Debbie Rush thinks of her character..I'm totally shocked that she thinks her behaviour towards Faye is 'tough love' and not abuse!
    The comments from.actress are appalling and
    inexcusable!.
    Its possible that if she continues in this vein
    in public -she could receive a real life visit
    from Social Services concerned about the
    welfare of her own children. As has happened
    to Katie Hopkins after her twitter comments.

Its one thing publicising a show you are in-
    and quite another to infer you would treat
    your own children as an unbalanced soap
    character treats her fictional adopted child.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-05-2015), Glen1 (20-05-2015), mariba (18-05-2015), parkerman (18-05-2015)

Thread Information