Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Denny

Exclamation Denny

Home and Away bosses have announced that Jessica Grace Smith has joined the soap's cast as new arrival Denny.

Denny is a tomboy character who arrives on UK screens for the first time in the spring.

Jessica Grace Smith as Denny in Home and Away
    © Channel 5
    Jessica Grace Smith as Denny

New recruit Smith secured the role of Denny last year, just a week before she was planning to move to Los Angeles.

Speaking of her new part, the actress explained: "Denny's pretty straight up and she's really honest. She's 'what you see is what you get'. She's definitely not your typical girl - she works in the bait shop with Alf!"

On the last-minute change in her career plans, she added: "It was crazy! My bags were almost packed for LA. I was so stoked to be a part of the show and have full time work. It's an actor's dream."

Smith was born in New Zealand and grew up on a farm. After leaving school, she originally studied law for a year, but later changed paths by completing a three-year degree in acting at the Toi Whakaari New Zealand drama school.

The show newcomer's previous credits include film roles in The Devil's Rock, Diagnosis Death, Edwin: My Life as a Koont and Sione's 2: Unfinished Business. She also played the guest part of Diona in Spartacus: Gods of the Arena.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (28-01-2014), tammyy2j (28-01-2014)

Sounds like she's going to be a bit of a different character, looking forward to it.

Surely she isn't a new student

Home and Away's new recruit Jessica Grace Smith has said that viewers will be shocked when they realise the true identity of her character Denny.

As previously reported, Smith was cast in the role as tomboy Denny last year, and she will arrive on UK screens for the first time in the spring.

© Channel 5

However, speaking to TV Week, the actress teased that Denny already has a connection to Summer Bay in the form of Ethan McGuire, saying: "It's a bit of a family thing."

Smith also revealed that her character's arrival will not be warmly received by Ethan's sister-in-law Hannah.

She said: "She is sceptical and is worried about her connection to Ethan. Ethan wasn't that good with the twins. She wonders what Denny's relationship is and whether she was involved in the cult."

Despite her frosty reception from Hannah, Smith has said that her character will quickly settle into life in Summer Bay.

"She ends up getting a job with Alf in the Bait Shop and works with motors. So that's cool. There are a lot of cute boys around the Bay. But she is new in town, so Denny is just focusing on work and meeting people for now."

She is suppose to be the twins older sister who is pregnant by Heath (the barmaid he slept with during his stag night)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

SoapsJSK (05-02-2014)

Home and Away's Denny Miller will struggle to cope in the wake of her boyfriend Casey Braxton's death.

Denny will be so consumed with grief after Casey's murder that she even collapses at his funeral and has to be rushed into hospital.

© Channel 5

As Denny continues to struggle with life without Casey, she tells Alf (Ray Meagher) that she isn't ready to be at Angelo's or even go near the beach.

However, a concerned Alf offers Denny his support, telling her that she is stronger than she thinks she is.

Alf's words have the desired effect, and Denny gathers up the courage and makes her way to the beach where she finds Ricky reflecting on her own final days with Casey.

While Denny is forced to contemplate a life without Casey, Jessica Grace Smith told TV Week that filming the hard-hitting scenes stretched her abilities as an actress.

She said: "Lincoln (Younes) has gone, and that stuff was challenging and good for me to play."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (22-09-2014)

Could she be expecting a Braxton junior

I bet poor Casey will be barely in the ground before Chris starts sniffing around Denny again with his faux concern.
    If he does, I hope Brax or Kyle will lay him out.

Chris was sniffing around Indy when Romeo left. And when he died. Chris was more concerned about himself than he was for Indie.
    I`ve never forgotten that....he`s such a selfish character. I wish he never come back. I feel sorry for Spencer having a brother like him.

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    I bet poor Casey will be barely in the ground before Chris starts sniffing around Denny again with his faux concern.
    If he does, I hope Brax or Kyle will lay him out.
    she gets with ash

Thread Information